X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwin View Post
    Ah, many thanks. But I guess it's an US-only thing.
    The SciFi Magazine is available worldwide...if you're lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Gwin
    replied
    Ah, many thanks. But I guess it's an US-only thing.

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwin View Post
    Where is the confirmation about Carter being leader of Atlantis?
    In the most recent issue of SciFi Magazine.

Leave a comment:

• Gwin
    replied
    Where is the confirmation about Carter being leader of Atlantis?

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
    If it flys and if they use it in battle they must of felt condident enough. Although the situation was a bit heated
    I'm sure they had some spares in the trunk, just in case.

Leave a comment:

• ACharmedAsgard
    replied
    If it flys and if they use it in battle they must of felt condident enough. Although the situation was a bit heated

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    Well...if it wasn't complete, you can't really call it "made" in that year now, can you?

Leave a comment:

• ACharmedAsgard
    replied
    Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    The Korolev was rushed into service and wasn't supposed to be out for another year.
    But that still suggests that two ships can be made in a year - even though it wont be fully complete

Leave a comment:

• borgprincess
    replied
    Originally posted by Trialia View Post
    borgprincess, it was confirmed a couple of days ago that Carter is taking over from Elizabeth as leader of Atlantis.

Needless to state, I, among a whole slew of others, am NOT best pleased.
    Well, I- can't *thank* you for that information [fighting urge to destroy random objects in room], but I *am* grateful that you've put me out of my misery and confirmed the worst case scenario, better to deal with that now than to live in hopeless ignorant optimism as I had been so far. I was on other threads around here, where posters were still speculating over what would happen with the leadership in season 4, so I had no idea it was already confirmed. I feel like I'm carrying a curse, it seems my favorite characters on various shows are either killed off or something awful happens to them...

Anyway, what was the original reason for Weir being in charge? I think it was something to do with the politics of operating out of Antarctica, because no military operations by any one country could be set up there without the consent of all the other states... But once they reached the Pegasus galaxy, there was no such restriction on them anymore. I suppose they felt a civilian might smooth things over with all the different nationalities represented, handle the scientists/military issues with proper care or something. With the Wraith threat though, it does make sense that they'd want someone more military to be at the head of Atlantis, though I'm loath to admit that. I don't think Weir was a bad leader, but the writers certainly love Carter. And she's more likely to be obeyed by the military contingent, unlike Weir, who was disobeyed on a regular basis because she was a civilian and they didn't respect her authority.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell82
    replied
    Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Just replacing one bad leader with another imo, hopefully the change in dynamic will be interesting though.
    Sorry I disagree. i don't think either Carter or Weir are bad leaders. I do think Carter can do a great job however and I am looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    The Korolev was rushed into service and wasn't supposed to be out for another year.

Leave a comment:

• ACharmedAsgard
    replied
    Originally posted by Leiutenant Bong View Post
    Could this possibly mean that Amanda Tapping might be playing the replicator form of herself. As it has been stated on other threads that it takes a few years to produce a ship. So how can we have the Apollo and another new ship for Sam, built very close to each other.

Just a thought...
    They built the Odessey and the Russian one within a year.

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied
    Just replacing one bad leader with another imo, hopefully the change in dynamic will be interesting though.

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    borgprincess, it was confirmed a couple of days ago that Carter is taking over from Elizabeth as leader of Atlantis.

Needless to state, I, among a whole slew of others, am NOT best pleased.

Leave a comment:

• borgprincess
    replied
    Sorry if this has been mentioned, I'm new to this thread:

I read a random post in Joseph Mallozi's blog that said, in response to a fan question about Carter's role on Atlantis, that they had no intention of making a five-person team. So unless they're planning on booting Teyla or Ronan or McKay out, it sounds as though Carter's going to either 1) head her own team, which is unlikely since they can't afford to focus on two team's stories [though CSI does that well enough], 2) to the despair of some fans, she may take over Atlantis and militarize it in the face of all the dangers of the Pegasus galaxy or 3) do her own thing, she's so perfect that she can go off-world and save the day on her own! Given Weir's state in the the previous season, it may be a temporary reassignment as the city's leader while Weir recovers.

Sheppard obviously can't take over, given Caldwell's scathing comments about his report-making and organizing abilities, and as much as we may like the character, Sheppard's more a take-action dude, not a 'city-bound, big-picture-focused, facilitating scientist v military debates and dealing with endless reports on banal everyday life problems' kind of person. He'd want to be out in the field, not being a paper-pusher. [RDA only resorted to that in the 8th season, on his way out of the show.] Besides, it was a battle for Weir to keep him as the city's main military officer, it wouldn't be realistic for him to *run* the entire city now. Carter would make sense, as she's both scientist and soldier, and she's saved the world enough times, so she's a safe bet for the political types back on Earth. I don't like the idea, as I want Weir to be a full-time character, but this is just my theory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X