Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were your thoughts before season 4? How were your expectations? What did you want to see? What didn't you want to see?

Not happy about Elizabeth being written out. Not sure about Carter coming in.
    No expectations. Tried to stay away from spoilers so I could be impartial. Wanted to see a nice balance of character development and good stories, preferably in the same episode.
    Did not want to see Shep/McKay show, Ronon grunting with dreds, lifeless Carter.

What were thoughts during season 4? Was it what you expected? How did it differ from your views?

Do I need to go buy more pencils to throw at the TV? Boring. Do I have any chocolate in the house?

I didn't really have any expectations, but if I did, it was worse.

How do look back at season 4?

I wonder if my TV is going to survive the pencil bombardment?
    I'm bored.
    Maybe it was a dream and Brad Wright will peek around the shower curtain.

What are your thoughts on season 5? How are your expectations? What do you want to see? What don't you want to see? Will you still be watching?

Season 5 thoughts, um....um.....um... I don't think I can use those words on this forum. Let me get back to you.
    Expectations are very low to nonexistent.
    Want to see no Keller, no Woolsey, no dreds, no Carter.
    Watching is probably a no, but the jury is still out.
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      So Carter and Keller are killed in this episode? Hmm, I should like this one EXCEPT for THE BIG RESET BUTTON OF DOOM, which makes everything worthless. What are TPTB trying to prove? That they are capable of killing characters they like? Sorry, but it doesn't count. Do it for real next time.

I also read some sort of building collapses on Sheppard & McKay by the end of the episode. Since everyone knows they won't be killed, what's the point?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        Spoiler:
        So Carter and Keller are killed in this episode? Hmm, I should like this one EXCEPT for THE BIG RESET BUTTON OF DOOM, which makes everything worthless. What are TPTB trying to prove? That they are capable of killing characters they like? Sorry, but it doesn't count. Do it for real next time.

I also read some sort of building collapses on Sheppard & McKay by the end of the episode. Since everyone knows they won't be killed, what's the point?
        Big bangs and boobs?
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Big bangs and boobs?
          From what I'm seeing, they "paid homage" to several Star Trek and SG-1 episodes.

DS9's Visitor, Voyager's Endgame - Parts 1 and 2, and SG-1's 2010 come to mind.
          sigpic

Comment

Hommages... *yaaaawn*
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hommages... *yaaaawn*
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNFftA1Pry0

sigpic

Comment

From what I'm seeing, they "paid homage" to several Star Trek and SG-1 episodes.

DS9's Visitor, Voyager's Endgame - Parts 1 and 2, and SG-1's 2010 come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  Nope.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nope.
                    Yes

Comment

Yes
                      Whatever.
                      sigpic

Comment

Whatever.
                        *stomps foot *

Comment

*stomps foot *
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't make me tell mommy

Comment

I can bring some drink! What do you guys want? feel free to step to our anti - bar. We hvae... hmmm let's see We come in peace, shoot to kill whiskey, scruffy genius vodka, all eating grumpy man beer, whining baby light coctail.... feel free to choose your booze.
                              I already set up the party lights. Can I have some Slivovice, please.

Don't make me tell mommy
                              Stop it!!! (Unless your name is Woolsey, that is)

Comment

Here's what I wrote in the TLM-thread:

Spoiler:
                                First notice, I shouldn't have watched this after an excellent Dr. Who episode (Blink)... that was a mistake.

Secondly, it was much more fascinating to see my cat sleep than to watch this episode. He looks extremely cute and fuzzy, and it looks like he's smiling.

Onto the episode:

The good:
                                * Do I still have hair? - No! -> I chuckled. That was evil.
                                * I actually kinda liked the thing between Rodney and Jennifer - *gasp*
                                * Ronon going down fighting, side by side with Todd
                                * Atlantis in the sand - talk about Global Warming

The mediocre:
                                * the Rodney/Sheppard-show... Really 42 minutes of nothing else, with a little side-dish of others... it gets really boring.
                                * the IOA at its best - if this is a possible glimps of the real future ... and they could bother with conflict this could potentially be good - but I highly doubt it.

The bad:
                                * That CG-building - the worst ever CG they've done, I think ... That was bad. My Medal of Honor buildings look better than that. It looked like a videogame building of several years back.
                                * They still don't do old well. David H. bounced around like 30-something man looking 60. The make-up was mediocre at best, and they always forget the hands. People, hands age too!
                                * Boring sequences of nothing
                                * Oh, and did they give JF tap-shoes, goes his footsteps have never echoed like this before... or was it just giving the effect he was all alone in the big city. It was annoying to say the least.
                                * The sandstorm - all good, but a man walking through it... Err yeah, nope, sorry... not like that.
                                * Woolsey looked squeezed into his uniform... one size bigger maybe.

This was the worst anti-climactic finale ever! I wonder what big reset button they will be pushing come season 5... the big red one, or the green one. The big red one equals "season 4? I don't know what you're talking about.", the green one equals "hey, remember season 4 and how we ended it with a TBC." ... I think it will be the orange one.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X