Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    i am positively pessimistic about season 4

i'm just worried all this crap is going to spoil all of atlantis for me
    I can relate to that concern, parisindy. I know that I’ve been there, myself, with another franchise: Star Trek.

Now, I’m 39 years old and I grew up on Trek. I loved the original series, enjoyed the first few movies, loved TNG when it cam on and was absolutely in thrall to Deep Space Nine. Voyager was a step down in quality, IMO, but I still enjoyed it. Then, along came Enterprise…

…I disliked aspects of it right from the premiere. I continued to watch the first season and was more and more disappointed and angry as things went along. IMO, the show was doing a disservice to what had been produced, before. I’d had a life-long love affair with the franchise and worried that ENT was going to sully that.

I watched the first couple of eps of S2, and decided to give up on it, completely. Best thing I ever did. Now, my personal DVD collection consists of every Star Trek series BUT Enterprise. I have years of the franchise to enjoy and dismiss ENT as a bad dream.

I’m going into S4 of Atlantis with the same viewpoint. I’ll likely watch at least long enough to see what happens with Weir and Carson, but if I don’t like what I see and continue to see SGA become more like SG-1 in its feel than it already is, then… CLICK!

No matter what happens with SGA from here on in, if I give up on the new stuff or not, I’ll still have the 3 seasons on DVD that I’ll enjoy again and again. Given that so many people seem disenchanted or downright pi$$ed off what what’s coming, who knows? Maybe some fans will generate alternate S4s and beyond in fanfic…
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dllmzca View Post
      No matter what happens with SGA from here on in, if I give up on the new stuff or not, I’ll still have the 3 seasons on DVD that I’ll enjoy again and again. Given that so many people seem disenchanted or downright pi$$ed off what what’s coming, who knows? Maybe some fans will generate alternate S4s and beyond in fanfic…
      i am one of those people right now... and man i would love an alternate season 4 truly!

i mean i feel sad enough that i am loosing the show... loosing the fan fic as well
      gads
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

i am one of those people right now... and man i would love an alternate season 4 truly!

i mean i feel sad enough that i am loosing the show... loosing the fan fic as well
        gads
        Like I said, hon, it seems like there are enough unhappy people that a whole alternate s4 project could spring up through fanfic, complete with Weir and Beckett and minus all sorts of other elements...
        sigpic

Comment

well there is a small glimmer of hope there

have you ever seen one of those work successfully?
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

well there is a small glimmer of hope there

have you ever seen one of those were successfully?
            I read a fanfic "season 8" of DS9 (the show was on for 7 seasons) that was good. There was also a similar group that did extra seasons for Voyager. I enjoyed them, as well!
            sigpic

Comment

well thats cool to hear i've seen a lot of false starts...
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by dllmzca View Post
                Like I said, hon, it seems like there are enough unhappy people that a whole alternate s4 project could spring up through fanfic, complete with Weir and Beckett and minus all sorts of other elements...
                A nice ideea. Here what i have in mind, like an alternate to "First Strike":

Weir : "This is a bad call and very dangerous for us"
                Ellis: "I agree. Atlantis can be a dangerous place."
                Weir : "We should negociate, buy some time"
                Ellis : "We should"
                Weir : "I'm set to go"
                Ellis : "Go"

Weir : "Rodney dial Asuran planet."
                Rodney : "Are you sure you want to do this?"
                Weir : "I am"
                Sheppard : "I don't think that you should go alone"
                Weir : "I have to. Last time they attack us because we were so many"
                Sheppard : "Let me give few marines. I'm sure there are still few alive."
                Weir : "No John. I don't want to SCARE them again"
                Sheppard : "Good luck then and watch your head".

Weir on the other side, to herself "They redecorated. A little spartan for my liking"

Weir surprised: "Oberath! I must admit that i didn't expect to see you again"
                Oberath: "Doctor Weir. We can be replicated many times. This is part of our overwhelming coolness"
                Weir: "Of course i knew that. I just belive that it would be nice way to start a conversation"
                Oberath : "Why are you here?"
                Weir: "Oberath, you must stop building ships please"
                Oberath: "I agree. After they are finished, i will stop"
                Weir: "I mean now"
                Oberath: "This is impossible. I paid in advance."
                Weir: "I promise i won't kill you again"
                Oberath: "I promise i will"

After few exchange of not very nice words ...

Oberath: "I have important matter to attend to. Please excort doctor Weir to the brig for a receational mind probing"
                Weir: "Wait. There must be something you want: technology, money, food, clothes, women?"
                Oberath thinking : "Actually ... it is soemthing"
                Weir: "Anything"
                Oberath: "I want to test a nanovirus on a human subject"
                Weir: "On me?"
                Oberath: "I know that you liked the last one i sent you"
                Weir: "Sure! As long i remain in charge of my expedition i do anything"
                Oberath giving Weir the nanovirus: "Here we go"
                Weir: "So we have a deal or not?"
                Oberath: "A deal? Ah yes sure. Now go to Atlantis and spread ... the word"
                Weir: "Thank you very much! I think i can speak..."
                Obreath stoping Weir: "I get it. Now go".

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
                  A nice ideea. Here what i have in mind, like an alternate to "First Strike":

Weir : "This is a bad call and very dangerous for us"
                  Ellis: "I agree. Atlantis can be a dangerous place."
                  Weir : "We should negociate, buy some time"
                  Ellis : "We should"
                  Weir : "I'm set to go"
                  Ellis : "Go"

Weir : "Rodney dial Asuran planet."
                  Rodney : "Are you sure you want to do this?"
                  Weir : "I am"
                  Sheppard : "I don't think that you should go alone"
                  Weir : "I have to. Last time they attack us because we were so many"
                  Sheppard : "Let me give few marines. I'm sure there are still few alive."
                  Weir : "No John. I don't want to SCARE them again"
                  Sheppard : "Good luck then and watch your head".

Weir on the other side, to herself "They redecorated. A little spartan for my liking"

Weir surprised: "Oberath! I must admit that i didn't expect to see you again"
                  Oberath: "Doctor Weir. We can be replicated many times. This is part of our overwhelming coolness"
                  Weir: "Of course i knew that. I just belive that it would be nice way to start a conversation"
                  Oberath : "Why are you here?"
                  Weir: "Oberath, you must stop building ships please"
                  Oberath: "I agree. After they are finished, i will stop"
                  Weir: "I mean now"
                  Oberath: "This is impossible. I paid in advance."
                  Weir: "I promise i won't kill you again"
                  Oberath: "I promise i will"

After few exchange of not very nice words ...

Oberath: "I have important matter to attend to. Please excort doctor Weir to the brig for a receational mind probing"
                  Weir: "Wait. There must be something you want: technology, money, food, clothes, women?"
                  Oberath thinking : "Actually ... it is soemthing"
                  Weir: "Anything"
                  Oberath: "I want to test a nanovirus on a human subject"
                  Weir: "On me?"
                  Oberath: "I know that you liked the last one i sent you"
                  Weir: "Sure! As long i remain in charge of my expedition i do anything"
                  Oberath giving Weir the nanovirus: "Here we go"
                  Weir: "So we have a deal or not?"
                  Oberath: "A deal? Ah yes sure. Now go to Atlantis and spread ... the word"
                  Weir: "Thank you very much! I think i can speak..."
                  Obreath stoping Weir: "I get it. Now go".
                  *giggles* Awesome!
                  This is part of our overwhelming coolness
                  *ded* Indeed.

Comment

Hello antis! Do we know how high are ratings for last few eps of S3?
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I have just finally caught up with Atlantis thanks to netflix and watching the second half of season three over the last few weeks. I like the show dynamics and it worries me that they are going to change so drastically. I liked how it was civilian based, even while facing enemies.

I am also worried about moving Sam over. I don't hate Sam in any way, but I do think she's pretty Mary-Sue ish a la Weasley Crusher from STTNG. Season four of SG1 always felt like a big shift for me because Sam was really pushed to the foreground and ship was pushed forward so that Sam-Daniel interaction and Jack-Daniel interaction became weird and different and angry on the part of the Jack-Daniel interaction. Some of it is obviously biased by my preference for Sam/Daniel and Jack/Daniel pairing stuff, but I know I'm not the only one who noticed a shift in the direction of the show in that aspect.

I sort of fear for the same happening here. I know they won't be shipping Sam with anyone, but I enjoy the banter I see between Rodney and Sheppard and Rodney and Zelenka. Could Sam take away from that? I really missed Sam and Daniel having a nice friendship just so they could make sure every shot had Sam next to the head star of the show.

I've been really wanting to see more about Sheppard and Teyla's backgrounds as well. I hope this doesn't get neglected because we have a new Doctor to learn about. I'm wary over the pregnancy thing too, seeing that we just watched a pregnancy arc on SG1.

I have no problem with the occasional crossovers or guest visits from SG1 characters. I see anything Stargate as intertwined. I think Daniel or Sam, Cameron or Landry could do a two parter episode without much disruption. I think Jack fit in his guest appearances fairly well, though it turned me off to see him pretty much insult the Atlantis characters by bringing up how Carter would do everything better repeatedly in the Return. It was very foreboding for me regarding Sam's arrival.

So right now, I guess I'm more anti than positive about the new direction of the show. It's not a burning hatred or anything and I'll probably still give it a chance and watch it. I'm just going into the season with many doubts that can't be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Hello antis! Do we know how high are ratings for last few eps of S3?
                        *plops down on anti-couch*

I haven't heard anything yet. If someone sees the ratings posted, please let us all know.

Comment

"Also on Friday night, the season 3 finale of Stargate Atlantis at 9pm delivered a 1.5 HH rating, 1.1 million P25-54s, 986,000 P18-49s and nearly 2 million total viewers P2+."

http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail...atesg4510.html

Comment

Originally posted by swallowcliff View Post
                            I have no problem with the occasional crossovers or guest visits from SG1 characters. I see anything Stargate as intertwined. I think Daniel or Sam, Cameron or Landry could do a two parter episode without much disruption. I think Jack fit in his guest appearances fairly well, though it turned me off to see him pretty much insult the Atlantis characters by bringing up how Carter would do everything better repeatedly in the Return. It was very foreboding for me regarding Sam's arrival.
                            The SG-1 fan in me would have appreciated occasional crossovers. The SGA fan, on the other hand, despises what is going on with Atlantis and its cast. And, yeah, I also think tossing Carter on Atlantis is something the writers have been hinting for a while now: Grace Under Pressure, McKay and Mrs. Miller, The Return, Pt. 2, The Game... I just never imagined they would sacrifice Dr. Weir to do that shortly after incinerating Beckett.
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome swallowcliff. *scoots over on the couch*

Do you like single malt, or are you more a fan of margaritas? *holds out tray of drinks*

Very good first post.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                                *plops down on anti-couch*

I haven't heard anything yet. If someone sees the ratings posted, please let us all know.
                                SG1 got a 1.7

SGA got a 1.5

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X