Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*raising hand* I never posted at all before the cast changes. I've lurked, pretty casually, around here for a couple of years, mostly sticking to the home page and the news, popping in here occasionally to see what people's opinions were on one thing or another, but not dedicated to it. But I bought all the season sets as soon as they came out, and very actively chased spoilers, so I don't know that I could exactly be called a "casual" viewer.

The news that Carter was going to be in 14 episodes, and Weir was going to recurring, was a major major blow, and was what prompted me to break my lurking silence. I'm trying to remember back....I think I knew about Carson before that, or at least had a pretty good idea. It was all kind of a build up....several months with one piece of bad news after another, starting with the SG1 cancellation. I actually wasn't that unhappy with that, although I did wish they'd given it a year to wrap up its storyline. But then... it was just more and more bad news, and when I found out Carter was coming over for 14 eps and the strong implication was that she was replacing Weir, which we now know to be actually the case.... Well, that was just kind of my breaking point.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

i feel i was a bit of an ostrich.. i mean i kind of stuck to one or two threads until all the changes started happening... then i watched sunday and first strike and well i am here...

but truly i didn't look around much before that

i was a big chicken and i was kind of afraid of the other threads ... i certainly have come full circle lol

posted in one thread... posting in lots of threads... posting mostly in one thread
      oh well thus is life, but thanks for anwering guys i was curious as to where others stood before the changes and what everyones back grounds were on this type of thing. thanks

i like it here as i am so incredibly sick of having everything i say picked apart
      Last edited by parisindy; 29 May 2007, 09:11 PM.
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Thank god for finding this thread!!!

I just wanted to add my voice to the general level of disgust to what TPTB did to their golden goose. I mean it all started with sg1 leaving the air, which at least I can sorta understand, the cost was getting up there, but then it was followed by slap after slap after slap to the fans. I'm of course talking about this whole BS 'soft reseting' that they're doing.

Don't get me wrong, I like Carter, but I like Carter on sg1 and while I know that Amanda is just looking for a paycheck, I'm still annoyed that they think that they can just swap characters in a developed cast. Yeah yeah they did that on sg1 with RDA leaving, but they brought in a whole new character with a new story.

And don't get me started on the whole season 3 aka (as someone else mentioned perfectly) the "McKay & Sheppard Show." Yes, I like the characters, but oh my god, I do like the other characters too and last time I checked there was a pretty big bunch of em....though I guess their numbers are dwindling....wait maybe I'm on to something, I mean, afterall we won't need any Carter episodes and with two less characters, we can finally have more Shep/McKay storylines! Oh and lets not forget the oh soooo varied McKay lusts after Carter, who is disgusted by him scenes that will be sure to be played out over and over and over and over, well you get the idea.

I really can't find myself even the least bit excited over S4, I might watch a couple of episodes if I find it on and I don't have anything else to do, but honestly I doubt I'm gonna be a loyal watcher.

Ahhh, venting its good for the soul! I feel better already

Comment

welcome
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            for a while anyways.. i truly dread all the fanfic crossing over.

have i mentioned i despise the keller character lately?

you know i never posted on an anti thread until the end of season 3
            (random i know but hey)
            were you guys anti before hand? Or had lots of issues before hand
            even if you are not anti?
            hi,

i didn't join GW untill I read about the cast changes on lj. i found that i needed somewhere to go and vent without having to justify myself upteen times - and there were the anti-threads and i am just realy greatfull to be able to post here.

i still scroll through other threads, but i rarely post anywhere but here now, as it feels like a minefield out here.

oh and of course we have the best couches around
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
              oh and of course we have the best couches around
              Yes, we do!
              sigpic

Comment

chesterfields! ...i made pop corn!

sometimes a good rant is all that's needed

((hugs)) to those who listen and don't think every point must be argued and debated

its a bit weird to think though we anti's don't often agree with each other in here but we also don't often fight with each other either
                Last edited by parisindy; 30 May 2007, 07:22 PM.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Anti-S4 4ever! *lol* For me, Atlantis has 3 seasons, the first three and then it was over. Sadly, I might add, I've realy grown to love this show and I haven't been a fan for that long either, started watching with The Real World. Too bad my satisfaction with the show lasted this short. I was so happy to find a new show I loved after one of my other faves was cancelled. I thought that Atlantis was a sure thing and here I am again, at the end.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I still can't help but be angry that Carter is coming over to Atlantis. I will always like Carter - but on SG-1 which is where she belongs. And because TPTB didn't do the right thing to begin with and give her command of SG-1, we have to have her in Atlantis.

It's beginning to feel like Atlantis was the show that was cancelled - not SG-1.

This whole situation just makes me very sad. I loved this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                      Anti-S4 4ever! *lol* For me, Atlantis has 3 seasons, the first three and then it was over. Sadly, I might add, I've realy grown to love this show
                      yup thats exactly me! ((hugs))

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                      It's beginning to feel like Atlantis was the show that was cancelled - not SG-1.

agree agree ((hugs))
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                        Anti-S4 4ever! *lol* For me, Atlantis has 3 seasons, the first three and then it was over. Sadly, I might add, I've realy grown to love this show
                        yup thats exactly me! ((hugs))

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

agree agree ((hugs))

Hive mind!
                        sigpic

Comment

Has anyone read the "Kavanaugh" thread. Looks like it turned into a bashing Weir thread instead. I know not everybody in our "anti" group is pro Weir, but as someone who is pro-Weir, I read all the negative comments made by other posters and I feel like I'm watching a completely different show. LOL.

Oh well, I made a promise to myself to stay out of most of the other threads on this board. I should make a better effort to stick to that promise, I'll be less aggravated in the end.

Do we have any room left on the couch?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                            Has anyone read the "Kavanaugh" thread. Looks like it turned into a bashing Weir thread instead. I know not everybody in our "anti" group is pro Weir, but as someone who is pro-Weir, I read all the negative comments made by other posters and I feel like I'm watching a completely different show. LOL.
                            Go and report the posts. It's a shame it's the same few people over and over again.

Oh well, I made a promise to myself to stay out of most of the other threads on this board. I should make a better effort to stick to that promise, I'll be less aggravated in the end.

Do we have any room left on the couch?
                            Better yet, put them on ignore.

Sure have a seat on the plushy couch!
                            Last edited by Suzotchka; 31 May 2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I've made some posts there myself defending Kavanaugh as an original SGA character. I'm pro-Weir, though. But, yeah, there are many posts in that thread which are clearly off-topic and as such should be reported. Hmm, I guess I'll start doing that just to piss off the moderators.
                              sigpic

Comment

*plunks down on the chesterfield*

i don't think that makes the mods angry i think they appreciate it to a certain extent, thats the impression i got.

i am trying to stay out of most of the stargate threads, i sometimes snoop but and the very odd time post but i am trying not to,

i swear we really do watch a different show, i am simply tired and frustrated....

and its sad cause i love old Atlantis

love the borg i am snurching that
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X