Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've considered only watching the episodes with Elizabeth when they air, but because I don't have one of those nifty Nielsen rating things, my partial boycott won't count for anything.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
      I've considered only watching the episodes with Elizabeth when they air, but because I don't have one of those nifty Nielsen rating things, my partial boycott won't count for anything.
      I boycott for principle only. LOL. I don't count either.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

being a canuck my viewership means nothing
        ...heck i can't even enter the darn contests

and i was planning on boycotting it anyways lol
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          I boycott for principle only. LOL. I don't count either.

Hehehe! Same here, no Nielson ratings box in my house! However, I plan to watch the Beckett return eps. The one advantage of a favored character actor being accorded guest star status is that he/she will be listed in the guest star credits. When in the main cast credits, you have no idea how many scenes, if any, your favorite characters will have.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Some folks take things too seriously... I thought it was obvious that I don't. BTW, Gregorius is our anti-speaker. I'm just a regular anti-poster well-versed in the ways of the dark side of the Force.
            I am? Good, then I would like to remind people that this isn't the "Pro-Beckett , Anti-Keller" or "Pro-Carter, Anti Weir" thread. there are other threads for that. Therefore I would like to ask to keep those posts to a minimum and start discussing what's more important than instant character disliking, such as where the show is heading etc..

And please keep on-topic and discuss, don't fall into the dark pit of constant consensus TPTB have fallen into. Please keep an open mind.

And now I'll be more specific: Despite my dislike for the Carter portrayed on many occasions in SG-1 S7 ~ 10 and my dislike for randomly killing off characters without actual impact on the other characters, I'm willing to give Carter and Keller a fair chance in S4. Although TPTB will probably screw both up as they did with the bad writing of Cam and Vala but still.

And now to my real problems with Atlantis: The bad writing that seems to be out shadowing the good and the utterly annoying lack of character development and constant continuity.

The main fears I currently have of season 4 are, seeing how the writers completely screwed up the introduction of new characters in S9,10 of SG-1, that they'll completely screw it up here too and not to mention the lame story arcs and wide usage of plotholes and deus ex machina solutions (For examples see [1]) that really wreck havoc on a show.

If they can actually start to fix that then, imo, Season 4 may still have a chance of being good.

[1]
            Spoiler:
            Retrovirus, portraying the Ancients as incompetent and portraying them inconsistently, exploding tumours, lack of realism (The Tower City Ship, with the three ZPMs halfway through S3 any decent military would've taken it simply to strengthen the Alpha site or fly it to Earth), etc..
            Signed,

Gregorius
            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I am alarmed and slightly amused at the same time by the outright lack of ability to tell fantasy from reality of some people. We were joking on here a while ago about questions we would like to ask at ComicCon. I can't imagine that anyone was serious, yet now posters are alerting JM on his blog to the disruption that is being planned. Surely they don't mean us.

If there is a big fan demo planned with flaming torches and pitchforks, I don't think it involves anyone here. The lengths certain people will go to to make us look bad just because we don't like a few things that are happening astound me. It's getting to the point of absurdity. I really don't like this shut up and take it attitude.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                I am? Good, then I would like to remind people that this isn't the "Pro-Beckett , Anti-Keller" or "Pro-Carter, Anti Weir" thread. there are other threads for that. Therefore I would like to ask to keep those posts to a minimum and start discussing what's more important than instant character disliking, such as where the show is heading etc..
                Fair enough.
                sigpic

Comment

I really don't like this shut up and take it attitude.
                  Southern Red - I understand what you mean. I, too am frustrated, with this. It seems to me (my perspective only) that the people who are happy about how things are going are allowed to freely jump for joy and that's acceptable.

However, I personally feel, that whenever I type a post or comment on a blog, etc. that I have to watch what I say and how I say it or how I ask a question so that I'm not perceived as just another whiny Weir fan.

And, I guess I'm one of those constant worriers who doesn't want to give any of the people who don't agree with my viewpoint or where I stand, any ammunition to lob against the Weir fanbase. We've struggled so long against the whiny reputation, it pisses me off when we continue to get branded unfairly.

It seems there are very few "safe" places to express ourselves.

I won't be able to attend any of the upcoming conventions. I admit, I am jealous of those who will get the chance to go.

I hope those who are lucky enough to go are able to get the word out, in a positive way, about their concerns with Season 4, whatever those concerns might be. I think the conventions will be the PERFECT opportunity to reach people who may not participate in the online fandom.

Thanks in advance to those who are going who help get the word out - you're fighting the good fight!

Sorry, I just reread this and I think it might be a bit OT, but I felt really strongly about putting my two cents out there - so if you made it all the way through this - THANK YOU for listening.
                  sigpic
                  Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                    Southern Red - I understand what you mean. I, too am frustrated, with this. It seems to me (my perspective only) that the people who are happy about how things are going are allowed to freely jump for joy and that's acceptable.

However, I personally feel, that whenever I type a post or comment on a blog, etc. that I have to watch what I say and how I say it or how I ask a question so that I'm not perceived as just another whiny Weir fan.

And, I guess I'm one of those constant worriers who doesn't want to give any of the people who don't agree with my viewpoint or where I stand, any ammunition to lob against the Weir fanbase. We've struggled so long against the whiny reputation, it pisses me off when we continue to get branded unfairly.

I won't be able to attend any of the upcoming conventions. I admit, I am jealous of those who will get the chance to go.

I hope those who are lucky enough to go are able to get the word out, in a positive way, about their concerns with Season 4, whatever those concerns might be. I think the conventions will be the PERFECT opportunity to reach people who may not participate in the online fandom.

Thanks in advance to those who are going who help get the word out - you're fighting the good fight!

Sorry, I just reread this and I think it might be a bit OT, but I felt really strongly about putting my two cents out there - so if you made it all the way through this - THANK YOU for listening.
                    It seems that if we express concerns about the changes in S4, even in a cautiously optimistic way, we get the response "OMGWHYCAN'TYOUJUSTGIVEITACHANCE??" We're not discussing an uprising here (whether or not we carry pitchforks with us is another issue entirely ), we'd just like to know that other people out there are tip-toeing around the future of Atlantis as we are.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I am alarmed and slightly amused at the same time by the outright lack of ability to tell fantasy from reality of some people. We were joking on here a while ago about questions we would like to ask at ComicCon. I can't imagine that anyone was serious, yet now posters are alerting JM on his blog to the disruption that is being planned. Surely they don't mean us.

If there is a big fan demo planned with flaming torches and pitchforks, I don't think it involves anyone here. The lengths certain people will go to to make us look bad just because we don't like a few things that are happening astound me. It's getting to the point of absurdity. I really don't like this shut up and take it attitude.
                      I think JM will know to take that with a pinch or six. Ever since the dawn of fandom spats, people have been inventing fictional campaigns of violence and terror for other people to be embarking on , and none of it's ever come true. Which is a good thing.

To be fair though, strangers and newbies to a thread can miss the timbre or tone of a thread when it's being sarky or silly, so if you're saying stuff you don't mean, best make it clear you're just joshing, so as not to scare the lurkers.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                        I think JM will know to take that with a pinch or six. Ever since the dawn of fandom spats, people have been inventing fictional campaigns of violence and terror for other people to be embarking on , and none of it's ever come true. Which is a good thing.

To be fair though, strangers and newbies to a thread can miss the timbre or tone of a thread when it's being sarky or silly, so if you're saying stuff you don't mean, best make it clear you're just joshing, so as not to scare the lurkers.
                        Thank you so much, I feel better. I'll make my sarcastic smilies bigger in the future. Or more plentiful.

But as JesterDala and SMB_BOOKS so eloquently stated we don't feel like we are being given the right to even in a small way state that we are against any aspect of S4 without being made fun of. Most of it is happening on JM's blog, and I know you don't have any control there. *wonders if anybody does* but it is spilling over on GW also.

I know that ignoring them is the best course of action, but when it's not okay to be anti even on the anti thread without some little mind-numbed robot running to tattle to JM, we've got a problem.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ach, ignore JM too. And he's best off ignoring us fans - ALL of us fans.

I blame the internet. Burn the internet!

(That was a joke )

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

**applauds wildly**

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                            It seems that if we express concerns about the changes in S4, even in a cautiously optimistic way, we get the response "OMGWHYCAN'TYOUJUSTGIVEITACHANCE??" We're not discussing an uprising here (whether or not we carry pitchforks with us is another issue entirely ), we'd just like to know that other people out there are tip-toeing around the future of Atlantis as we are.
                            Amen!

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            Ach, ignore JM too. And he's best off ignoring us fans - ALL of us fans.

I blame the internet. Burn the internet!

(That was a joke )
                            heheheheheheehehehheehe
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
                              Don't we all impose our own protest? *lol*
                              I'm protesting by not opening my wallet and turning the TV off.

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

yup got to agree

though i'm feeling a bit week for the action figures... my very own sheppy!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X