Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't talk about the air
    don't talk about the ground
    don't talk about cats
    don't talk about dogs

sneeze wrong and you will be banned

over moderation at its best

its all a load of doo doo

but whatever... it doesn't really matter any more
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
      Speaking of crossovers...do the crossovers from SG-1 to SGA bother you, and when did it begin to trouble you?
      I would be happier with crossovers if I thought that the SGA characters and their universe were developed and solid in their own right. As it stands, I often feel like the SGA characters are brushed aside and neglected in order to feature characters from SG1. Was Jack necessary in TRW? Was Dr. Lee necessary in Outcast? I don't think so, and I believe that the screentime would have been far better suited for SGA characters instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        I would be happier with crossovers if I thought that the SGA characters and their universe were developed and solid in their own right. As it stands, I often feel like the SGA characters are brushed aside and neglected in order to feature characters from SG1. Was Jack necessary in TRW? Was Dr. Lee necessary in Outcast? I don't think so, and I believe that the screentime would have been far better suited for SGA characters instead.
        Because I am a Jack fan, I enjoyed his visits to SGA. Selfish & self serving I know. As for Dr. Lee, I just did not care for how juvenile they have been making it out to be. At least w/ O'Neil it was in character. Whereas Dr. Lee, went from a slightly goofy, brilliant scientist to a drooling weirdo scientist.
        sig made by me

Comment

too much of an attempt at 'comedy'...even if it's disrespectful towards the character

sacrifice the character to facilitate the plot
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            too much of an attempt at 'comedy'...even if it's disrespectful towards the character

sacrifice the character to facilitate the plot

Sacrificing the character to facilitate the plot seems to be a staple of Atlantis writing. They probably have a class for the writers Atlantis Writing 101: How to sacrifice the character to facilitate the plot.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
              Because I am a Jack fan, I enjoyed his visits to SGA. Selfish & self serving I know. As for Dr. Lee, I just did not care for how juvenile they have been making it out to be. At least w/ O'Neil it was in character. Whereas Dr. Lee, went from a slightly goofy, brilliant scientist to a drooling weirdo scientist.
              IIRC, the stupification of Dr. Lee started back in SG1's s9 and 10. And I like seeing Jack, I just didn't think he was necessary to the plot of TRW. At least it made more sense to have him in The Return.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              And it's steering more toward cheap, lowest common denominator comedy instead of the witty kind. Ah, the good old days when Shep smirked "I shot him. In the LEG!" or that Rodney calculated some ridiculous travel time for the Ancient ship to arrive on Atlantis and quipped "Should we go wait on the porch?" Now TPTB try to get laughs by having Rodney ask Sam to flash some kids. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                IIRC, the stupification of Dr. Lee started back in SG1's s9 and 10. And I like seeing Jack, I just didn't think he was necessary to the plot of TRW. At least it made more sense to have him in The Return.

And it's steering more toward cheap, lowest common denominator comedy instead of the witty kind. Ah, the good old days when Shep smirked "I shot him. In the LEG!" or that Rodney calculated some ridiculous travel time for the Ancient ship to arrive on Atlantis and quipped "Should we go wait on the porch?" Now TPTB try to get laughs by having Rodney ask Sam to flash some kids. Nice.
                How many characters have become the scapegoats of Atlantis? I think the writers need to step back from the juvenile humor. What made the "I shot him. In the Leg!" scene so funny is how you can see the scene work between the two characters. A lot of the humor of the show is brought out by the chemistry of the characters. Some of them are the a good straight man to the other one. Juvenile humor can be OK in very small doses.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                  How many characters have become the scapegoats of Atlantis? I think the writers need to step back from the juvenile humor. What made the "I shot him. In the Leg!" scene so funny is how you can see the scene work between the two characters. A lot of the humor of the show is brought out by the chemistry of the characters. Some of them are the a good straight man to the other one. Juvenile humor can be OK in very small doses.
                  Yes it's a bit like back in S3's Progeny. The "how long/how many minutes" arguement was okay the first time but just got annoying by the end of it. The concept of moderation seems to be lost on some. Oh god I mentioned the dreaded M word
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                    Just wanted to let you guys know there is a S5 misgiving's thread. Make sure to read Sky's post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=51450
                    Sky cannot resist my animal magnetism . If that is the ANTI-S5 thread then once again my job is done . We have one super duper mod on our side, we need to bring more . To clear something up, our side is the dark side and ANTIs rule

Spoiler:

Comment

Hello snark factory! HJow are you today???

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                        Folks, I should never ever have to delete as many off topic and bickering childish posts as I've just had to do on this thread. You all know the rules. And you all know not to respond to baiting posts, it only makes more work for me and any other mod who has to clean up the thread. Please don't make me have to spend another 15 minutes deleting the kind of ridiculous and childish crud that I've just had to.
                        *Head-desk* NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!! I find something other than Atlantis to watch and the thread goes into meltdown, can someone PM me and let me know what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          *Head-desk* NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!! I find something other than Atlantis to watch and the thread goes into meltdown, can someone PM me and let me know what happened
                          Hey if it makes you feel better I missed it too.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            Speaking of crossovers...do the crossovers from SG-1 to SGA bother you, and when did it begin to trouble you?

I don't think I've ever really been bothered by crossovers in any other franchise I've watched--the Star Treks and the new Doctor Who/Torchwood come to mind. They were handled well, for the most part, and didn't seem excessive. But then, to be fair, I've liked--or at least watched--all the series in those franchises, so I wasn't having an unknown character(s) forced on me. On the other hand, I've never watched a franchise with quite this many crossovers. It really is to the point where the remains of the parent series are being shoved into SGA, whether they fit or not. Or more accurately, SGA is being changed to fit the SG-1 mold. That really doesn't bode well for the fans like me who didn't watch SG-1 for a reason.
                            ITA

I also didnt watch SG1 for a reason - I didnt like it

It seems though that since SG1 was canx (it was the one canx right???) they need somewhere to use them. this in itself wouldnt be such a big problem if there was only 1-2 crossovers per season. having one main crossover closely followed by several others is way to much in my opinion.

I wonder wether the writters are aware that not all fans automaticaly embrace all things sg1 just because this show is its spin off.

I know this will sound pretty selfish but, i want to see sga stand on its own. I dont think thats possible while you have so many crossovers of main and supporting characters from sg1.
                            sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Oh well it couldn't have been that major or it would have still been being mentioned now

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

And me.

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X