Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    (Well the thread is known for free therapy)
    True... And we have our very own psychologist too, who is cute as hell.

Spoiler:
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      True... And we have our very own psychologist too, who is cute as hell.

Spoiler:
      And a cute lemming as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Speaking of crossovers...do the crossovers from SG-1 to SGA bother you, and when did it begin to trouble you?

I don't think I've ever really been bothered by crossovers in any other franchise I've watched--the Star Treks and the new Doctor Who/Torchwood come to mind. They were handled well, for the most part, and didn't seem excessive. But then, to be fair, I've liked--or at least watched--all the series in those franchises, so I wasn't having an unknown character(s) forced on me. On the other hand, I've never watched a franchise with quite this many crossovers. It really is to the point where the remains of the parent series are being shoved into SGA, whether they fit or not. Or more accurately, SGA is being changed to fit the SG-1 mold. That really doesn't bode well for the fans like me who didn't watch SG-1 for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          And a cute lemming as well.
          Well, the lemming's owner makes sure it's the happiest one in the universe and far beyond.

Crossovers...

They don't bother me as much, if they're done right. I think The Pegasus Project was a pretty good episode, an SG1-story taking place in Atlantis and the Pegasus Galaxy but it kept its SG1-feel.

However, the problem begins when the original show, in this case Atlantis, has to make room for SG1 elements and characters to fit the crossover, instead of the other way around. That's no longer a crossover. That's a take-over instead.

Everything SG1 - elements, storylines, characters - inserted into SGA has only one purpose, keep the show alive no matter the cost to the spin-off. It's very sad it has come to this. And I can't say I'm thrilled about the upcoming appearances by more SG1-peeps, elements and without a doubt shameless rehashing of stories.

Comment

I like the occasional crossover. You know when you have not seen a character for a while. But I honestly don't want to be reminded of them daily. It would be like me going back to visit my old workplace over & over & over & over ....

OT: there's something wrong with me and spelling occasional. I can never spell that correctly. I blame the crossovers. *runs*

Edited to add: ^ she said it better.
            sig made by me

Comment

However, the problem begins when the original show, in this case Atlantis, has to make room for SG1 elements and characters to fit the crossover, instead of the other way around. That's no longer a crossover. That's a take-over instead.
              Exactly! One of my main issues with season 4.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

OT: there's something wrong with me and spelling occasional. I can never spell that correctly. I blame the crossovers. *runs*
              Hee, hee, I misspell that word too. Sometimes to the point were I try to use other words instead of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                Sometimes to the point were I try to use other words instead of that one.
                Yeah, and then you realize you can't write that word either...

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                  Exactly! One of my main issues with season 4.

Hee, hee, I misspell that word too. Sometimes to the point were I try to use other words instead of that one.
                  Yeah, and then you realize you can't write that word either...
                  We need an anti-substitution-word-dictionary.
                  sig made by me

Comment

We need an anti-substitution-word-dictionary.

Well, I'm off to bed... Have to continue my research tomorrow, now that I finally got passed Irresponsible. Horrible Lucius slowed me down. Finishing Tao of Rodney tomorrow and straight onwards to The Game.

Comment

Just wanted to let you guys know there is a S5 misgiving's thread. Make sure to read Sky's post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=51450

Comment

Well, the lemming's owner makes sure it's the happiest one in the universe and far beyond.

Crossovers...

They don't bother me as much, if they're done right. I think The Pegasus Project was a pretty good episode, an SG1-story taking place in Atlantis and the Pegasus Galaxy but it kept its SG1-feel.

Everything SG1 - elements, storylines, characters - inserted into SGA has only one purpose, keep the show alive no matter the cost to the spin-off. It's very sad it has come to this. And I can't say I'm thrilled about the upcoming appearances by more SG1-peeps, elements and without a doubt shameless rehashing of stories.
                        I agree, people watch SGA for SGA, not SG1, even if you still like the original series, SGA is a whole different show. I personally felt the Pegasus Project kept the Atlantis feel, that's why I enjoyed it. The SG1 were only guests and were roughly equally weighted in the episode as the SGA cast from what I remember. Also all the characters kept their own personalities rather than have them messed up. SGA isn't even becoming like SG1 now, but more like a deranged version of it in my opinion.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          Just wanted to let you guys know there is a S5 misgiving's thread. Make sure to read Sky's post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=51450
                          please read all of the first post.

and now that there is a season 5 thread, you guys should really take the s5 stuff there and out of here please
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I liked all the rules layed out, but honestly I am exhausted after reading that. I will be very scared to post in there.
                            sig made by me

Comment

I liked all the rules layed out, but honestly I am exhausted after reading that. I will be very scared to post in there.
                              I won't be posting in it.. gw sucks as much as atlantis now, you guys are the only cool things here
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

the rules are simple guys, talk about the show and not each other, and you'll be fine.

leave the real people out of it, joe, torri, other fans, and just talk about the show.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X