Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    Spontaneous combustion due to viewing extreme absurdity?
    Maybe that's why Stargate ratings have been steadily declining...
    sigpic

Comment

On closer inspection, it looks like a whale with shark teeth. Oh well, that's what I get for plugged in the words "couch" and "shark" on Google.
      I think it's a sperm whale, kinda like Moby Dick. And I'm sure there's a good analogy in there somewhere...

Comment

Spontaneous combustion due to viewing extreme absurdity?
        I can hear it now "Due to the graphic nature of this program, Antis' viewing discretion is advised."
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Nice couches everybody! Lots of room and for every occasion! Exactly what we need.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            I can hear it now "Due to the graphic nature of this program, Antis' viewing discretion is advised."

LOL! Or it could be: 'Due to unbeliavable level of stupidity, Antis' viewing discretion is advised. Best to avoid allcompletely'
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              LOL! Or it could be: 'Due to unbeliavable level of stupidity, Antis' viewing discretion is advised. Best to avoid allcompletely'
              Gonna follow that advice.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Count me in!
                sigpic

Comment

Does anybody know what are the ratings like for the second half of the season?

Comment

The ratings for the back half of S3 have been 1.1 & 1.2 with the odd 1.3. Ironically, the highest rated episode (so far & according to Gateworld) has been The Real World with a 1.8.

Comment

Well, Sunday got 1.1 *cough* Which is badbadbad (or goodgoodgood, which way you want to look at it ). And I think it was 1.2 before. So nothing speshal.

Comment

I'd say in a evil tone of voice it's gooodgoooodgoooooooood!!! The lower rating the better.

Comment

ITA. SG-1 has been losing viewers for the franchise due to old age and (IMO) the whole Merlin plot (Ori and Orici not included, btw) which sounded like bs from day one, and now they decide to infest Atlantis with SG-1 elements? So, yeah, good!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            Maybe that's why Stargate ratings have been steadily declining...
                            HA! The TRUE reason the ratings are down.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            I think it's a sperm whale, kinda like Moby Dick. And I'm sure there's a good analogy in there somewhere...
                            Oh man, I'll leave it to someone else to make that analogy. Ew.

Official ratings for the entire season so far:

NML - 1.5
                            Misbegotten - 1.6
                            Irresistable - 1.5
                            Sateda - 1.4
                            Progeny - 1.6
                            Real World - 1.8
                            Common Ground - 1.6
                            M&MM - 1.6
                            Phantoms - 1.6
                            Return pt 1 - 1.6

HIATUS

Return pt 2 - 1.4
                            Echoes - 1.2
                            Irresponsible - 1.3
                            Tao of Rodney - 1.1
                            The Game - 1.2
                            The Ark - 1.2
                            Sunday - 1.1

Note how the ratings held steady in the first half of the season (started with a 1.5, ended with a 1.6) and started off lower in the second half and only decreased from there. I expect similar 1.1-1.2 ratings for Submersion and Vengeance and then a higher rating for First Strike, inflated due to the SG1 finale.

Comment

Thanx for the information! Something definitely happened after the hiatus. It's funny how 'Tao' got lower rating than 'irresponslible' - IMHO 'Tao' is a much better episode. My guess is that news about cancelling SG - 1 and making cast changes in SGA had something to do with ratings falling down.

Comment

Thanx for the information! Something definitely happened after the hiatus. It's funny how 'Tao' got lower rating than 'irresponslible' - IMHO 'Tao' is a much better episode. My guess is that news about cancelling SG - 1 and making cast changes in SGA had something to do with ratings falling down.
                                I think Irresponsible killed the rest of the season. I know a couple that are casual viewers who stopped watching at that point. And I doubt anyone beyond us online fanatics know much about the changes. People are responding to the last show they saw or maybe previews.

OMG! I posted here and I'm not even totally anti S4. Can I sit on the arm of the couch? LOL.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X