Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that makes me officially free from the Stargate franchise! Woohoo!
    sigpic

Comment

This show is starting to turn into Earth Final Conflict...
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Suzotchka;6790380

Spoiler:
        With the departures, there's also a significant addition, Flanigan added.
        "We've also gained a really valuable member of our group, Amanda [Tapping as
        Samantha Carter]," he said. "She's a real veteran, a real professional; she
        knows
        the genre and can tackle the gobbledy-gook of science fiction dialogue perhaps
        even better than David [Hewlett, Dr. Rodney McKay], which is hard to do."

its nice to see even the actors are comparing amanda/david's abilitys

so it seems carter will be spouting the technobabble - someone pass me a bucket

sigpic
        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

So TPTB's plan to get high ratings by killing Carson hasn't exactly panned out, has it? 1.1. is again at its lowest. They actually thought they would gain something by killing a character (or two ). "Save Weir to get ratings next season too by killing her! Weeee" <---- that's their thinking btw.

Last edited by Celcool; 18 June 2007, 06:00 AM.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
            its nice to see even the actors are comparing amanda/david's abilitys

so it seems carter will be spouting the technobabble - someone pass me a bucket

LOL, I've noticed that too. SGA is not only a funeral now, but AT is perhaps even better than DH at the "gobbledy-gook of science fiction dialogue."
            sigpic

Comment

What I loved was how he said:
              Spoiler:
              "One of the problems is she's such a likable character," Flanigan said. "It's impossible to find any fault with her character." etc.

make that a HUGE problem, that's the biggest issue I have with her

Comment

Carter is not real, human-like, everybody makes mistakes, one can't be perfect. That's why Elizabeth Weir was a character one could identify himself with, see that humanity, sensitivity, as a woman too because Carter is like a tomboy.

IMO.

This should really be in the anti-carter. oops.

Comment

What gets me is that Atlantis could have had the best S4 ever. If they had kept Weir, and brought Carter over as *recurring* not in replace of an established character.

Right now, this fandom has huge divisions running through it. Which, IMO, spells disaster for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                    Right now, this fandom has huge divisions running through it. Which, IMO, spells disaster for the show.
                    Disaster has already struck, I'm afraid. And the rift only grows bigger...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What gets me is that Atlantis could have had the best S4 ever. If they had kept Weir, and brought Carter over as *recurring* not in replace of an established character.
                      We could handle that, Carter in a few eps and Weir a regular as before.

This could never mean something good. And, yes, it's already pretty bad. The future doesn't look promising. Far from that. Damn, I used to love this show.

Comment

I agree. And the ratings are showing that, IMO. Remember when SGA earned better ratings than SG-1? Gee, I wonder what happened to that chunk of SGA only viewers cause right now it seems it's the same people who are watching both shows.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll give the link to a fic about SG-1 characters taking over Atlantis here as well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3119948/1/

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                            I'll give the link to a fic about SG-1 characters taking over Atlantis here as well.

LOL @ fic. I was waiting for Liz to say it will be a replacement for her. Heh, never happened.

And BTW, love your Duff sig, reminds me of something....now if I can remember of what that is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post

Funny and true!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                                LOL @ fic. I was waiting for Liz to say it will be a replacement for her. Heh, never happened.
                                I guess it's because at the time the fic was written nobody knew for sure who would come over and replace whom, it didn't make sense to the author that Carter could replace Weir, he saw Hammond as a possible replacement for her.

And BTW, love your Duff sig, reminds me of something....now if I can remember of what that is.....
                                I was hoping someone would notice. Thanks. I found a new show, a new TPTB with whom I'm perfectly happy with, who give me exactly what I'm looking for in a TV show. (the opposite of what's in SGA, what's happening here, the attitude of TPTB, their view of the characters, their respect for them, the actors and the fans, the degree of realism in the stories, the quality of the stories, not to mention the network that gives their all for promotion). It's an absolute heaven for me after what I've been through in this fandom. As I said, the exact opposite.

Comment

Working...
                                X