Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    sure you can have more then one

really what i liked about the first three seasons was the entire cast

thats never happened to me before where i loved everyone... usually i just follow one fav characters but with atlantis it was different i really loved everyone and how they worked together
    Ditto, I can safely say not many shows can drag me away from Doctor Who and keep me watching. Atlantis is one of a few shows that has achieved that and that was mainly down to the mix of cast members particularly you know who I loved the chemistry those three had between them .
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Throw rocks, bricks or anything you have handy if you must, but this is my honest opinion.

1. Weir. Should be enough said, but I will elaborate. This woman has made more bad decisions than anyone has a right to. She makes these decisions based on her morals and not her head. Atlantis is the first line of defense against the Wraith. A person with a military background and able to make the tough decisions should be in charge. Not some tree hugging, squirrel humping, anti death penalty, hippie. How many chances has she given Michael? How many times has THAT come back to bite her in the ass? There is a debate going on about Carter vs Weir. If this were a real situation, I'd take Carter in a heartbeat, so that my heart could continue to beat.

2. McKay. I like the character in general, but come on!! Ego is one thing, but he takes it to a whole new level. So much so, he blew up a freaking planet. He insults the other members and never admits his faults. Yeah, they did have an episode that had him dying and he admitted some of these faults, but once he found out he was going to live he reverted back to his same old annoying self. Characters like this need to have some type of redeeming quality to make him, at least, likable. It seems to me that his attitude bringing down the morale of the expedition far outweigh the contributions (and failures) he makes.

3. Teyla. Another person who appears to cause more trouble than she is worth. Another Weir in that she wants to believe in everyone. That is not the way to run the first line of defense.

4. Sheppard. If you're in charge, be in charge! If the people in your command can't follow your orders either replace them, or stand down. I don't remember the episode, but when Ronon said to Sheppard "If you kill him first, I'll kill you" I wanted to throw up. NO military leader I have ever served with would have put up that. He stands around with his hands in his pockets when Weir is making bad choices. Choices he knows to be wrong. Grow a spine for Gods Sake.

5. No main bad guy to speak of. What we have are the Wraith. The show needs one (or a group) of clear cut, identifiable people/person to give the team a target to shoot for. Literally.

6. A better more defined storyline to follow. What is the purpose of this expedition? Is it to defend Earth from the Wraith or to explore Atlantis for some really cool stuff? Or both? Why are there TWO aliens on the First Team? When Teal'c joined the SGC he wanted to help Earth defeat the Goa'uld thus saving and freeing his people. Tayla wants to help, but why? Its the right thing to do? Not much real incentive. Why is Ronon on the team? Because he was homeless? Well hell, we have a truckload of homeless people here on Earth that would love the job. Ronon is skilled, but we have soldiers in the military that are equally as skilled. Put one of them on the team. Or better yet, dump Teyla and put a sexy Earth girl in her place.

Okay. I'm done. The brick throwing may now begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
        Ditto, I can safely say not many shows can drag me away from Doctor Who and keep me watching. Atlantis is one of a few shows that has achieved that and that was mainly down to the mix of cast members particularly you know who I loved the chemistry those three had between them .
        totally agree! and although i am primarily a shep whumper fan i loved the moments between carson and rodney, those were so sweet you could tell that they are really good friends in real life to

i love elizabeth... i'm not really a shipper though i have totally nothing agianst those that are but i loved how she dealt with john and kept him in control a bit

hehe love when she gets pissy hehehe i always think..oh man they are in for it now hehe love weir!
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
          Throw rocks, bricks or anything you have handy if you must, but this is my honest opinion.

1. Weir. Should be enough said, but I will elaborate. This woman has made more bad decisions than anyone has a right to. She makes these decisions based on her morals and not her head. Atlantis is the first line of defense against the Wraith. A person with a military background and able to make the tough decisions should be in charge. Not some tree hugging, squirrel humping, anti death penalty, hippie.
          Are you pro death penalty? Because you are a complete and utter (words that would have this post removed) if you are.

The rest of the post, you aren't far wrong, but who cares, it's a TV show, if these decisions didn't happen, their would be no stories, following military protocol, Teal'c would never have been allowed on the team, neither would Daniel, you wouldn't send any civilian on any mission that dangerous at the start, so he would never have been on the team, I doubt they would even decide to use the Stargate if things were in the real world.
          "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
          Woman:What
          Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Oooo I won't be watching s4 either, well at least not live and then maybe not at all. Heee.

For me SGA ended with Echoes because that way it ended in a good episode with awesome Carson still alive.

Favorite episode of s1
            38 minutes is what actually really grabbed me and made stay and watch the show, before that I was meh. I also loved Before I Sleep, Letters From Pegasus, The Eye, The Storm ,The Seige. Ahh s1 had to many good episodes.

s2
            The Seige 3, Conversion, Critical Mass, Coup D'etat and The Long Goodbye for the pretty visual of Elizabeth fighting

s3
            Sateda, Progeny, The Real World, Common Ground, Echoes and Tao of Rodney.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

He's just trying to rattle our cages, LOL!
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1 View Post
                Are you pro death penalty? Because you are a complete and utter (words that would have this post removed) if you are.

The rest of the post, you aren't far wrong, but who cares, it's a TV show, if these decisions didn't happen, their would be no stories, following military protocol, Teal'c would never have been allowed on the team, neither would Daniel, you wouldn't send any civilian on any mission that dangerous at the start, so he would never have been on the team, I doubt they would even decide to use the Stargate if things were in the real world.
                The entire post was an academic exercise.

What I meant by an anti death penalty hippie was that she can't bring herself to do what needs to be done. Take Mikey for instance. He should have been eliminated after the first betrayal.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                  He's just trying to rattle our cages, LOL!
                  Not at all. I'm just voicing my opinions. Are we not allowed to do that here? This is how I truly feel about the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                    Oooo I won't be watching s4 either, well at least not live and then maybe not at all. Heee.

For me SGA ended with Echoes because that way it ended in a good episode with awesome Carson still alive.

Favorite episode of s1
                    38 minutes is what actually really grabbed me and made stay and watch the show, before that I was meh. I also loved Before I Sleep, Letters From Pegasus, The Eye, The Storm ,The Seige. Ahh s1 had to many good episodes.

s2
                    The Seige 3, Conversion, Critical Mass, Coup D'etat and The Long Goodbye for the pretty visual of Elizabeth fighting

s3
                    Sateda, Progeny, The Real World, Common Ground, Echoes and Tao of Rodney.

In my mind sunday and final strike don't exsist lol i am blocking them from my mind. *plugs ears and hums*

I gotta say i was hooked on atlantis from the moment i saw the first episode, the john sheppard character interested me the very second i heard about his black mark, i adore angst and the underdog and her i had a hero that was both... hehe i knew i was hooked and in big fangirl trouble lol.

I knew i loved beckett the minute he panicked about the chair and the drone hehe

i loved rodney when he said 'zed-pm' good ol canadian boy hehe

I loved weir that first conversation between her and jack where she was begging for shep and jack thought she wanted Daniel

i could go on.... ...and i might yet lol
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Atlantis isn't the first line of defense for Earth. It's a resource that can be used to find Earth if the Wraith get their hands on it only if someone screws up. However, all they had to do to avoid that is to not fall for their viruses (something that happened because Mckay ignored Weir when she asked if it was on a firewalled computer) and blow up the city before the Wraith get there. What Atlantis really is, is a resource that it meant to be used to get technology to Earth and the Wraith are there to try to destroy that resource so if they lose it they are forced to pack up and go home while forgetting all about the Wraith. Along the way, the Wraith found out about Earth and made getting their one of their goals, but they have no knowledge of where it is nor do they have the technology to get there, so keeping it from them became an secondary issue.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you about who you don't like as that's simply a matter of opinion (the flaws you find in some characters are things I personally enjoy watching). However, the reasons they let Telya join the team was for the same reasons they let Teal'c join. She knew the Pegasus galaxy better than them and thus could be their guide to other planets and people (her people traded and were on good relations with countless other worlds and she brought with her their knowledge of those people). In season 1 this was invaulable since they were cut off from Earth and often needed simple things like finding people to trade with for food, but up until now they constantly ask her what if anything she knows about people when they go to new worlds. She was also an enemy of the Wraith and wanted to help in their fight with them and she knew them best. So well, in fact, that she had the ability to sense the Wraith nearby and it is that ability which is the only reason any of them are alive so not bringing someone along with that ability alone is foolish. As far as Ronan goes, he also knows the terrain and people very well and is a far superior warrior than anyone in Earth's military. His strength alone is beyond anything that is possible for an Earth Human and he has excellent skills in everything useful for fighting including tracking. The guy successfully ran from the Wraith while they had a tracking chip in him for 10 years. Surely that counts for something over anything Earth has to offer. But, for the record Weir wasn't so sure that Ronan joining the team would be a good idea. Sheppard had to convince her and as you said he's not one who likes to play it by the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                        I'll be watching S4, mainly because I'm hooked on the two in my sig. I like Chuck too, but not fussed about many of the others.
                        i like chuck to... heck i adore shep and ronan etc... but its not enough for me to watch season 4. they changed the characters too much

but i won't get in to why final strike annoys me... i just want to remember the good times
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I'll watch 4 if they come up with a better cast and storyline. Looks like some of the SG1 cast will be coming over to help save the show. Let us all pray that Vala is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                            Atlantis isn't the first line of defense for Earth. It's a resource that can be used to find Earth if the Wraith get their hands on it only if someone screws up. However, all they had to do to avoid that is to not fall for their viruses (something that happened because Mckay ignored Weir when she asked if it was on a firewalled computer) and blow up the city before the Wraith get there. What Atlantis really is, is a resource that it meant to be used to get technology to Earth and the Wraith are there to try to destroy that resource so if they lose it they are forced to pack up and go home while forgetting all about the Wraith. Along the way, the Wraith found out about Earth and made getting their one of their goals, but they have no knowledge of where it is nor do they have the technology to get there, so keeping it from them became an secondary issue.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you about who you don't like as that's simply a matter of opinion (the flaws you find in some characters are things I personally enjoy watching). However, the reasons they let Telya join the team was for the same reasons they let Teal'c join. She knew the Pegasus galaxy better than them and thus could be their guide to other planets and people (her people traded and were on good relations with countless other worlds and she brought with her their knowledge of those people). In season 1 this was invaulable since they were cut off from Earth and often needed simple things like finding people to trade with for food, but up until now they constantly ask her what if anything she knows about people when they go to new worlds. She was also an enemy of the Wraith and wanted to help in their fight with them and she knew them best. So well, in fact, that she had the ability to sense the Wraith nearby and it is that ability which is the only reason any of them are alive so not bringing someone along with that ability alone is foolish. As far as Ronan goes, he also knows the terrain and people very well and is a far superior warrior than anyone in Earth's military. His strength alone is beyond anything that is possible for an Earth Human and he has excellent skills in everything useful for fighting including tracking. The guy successfully ran from the Wraith while they tracked him for 10 years, surely that counts for something over anything Earth has to offer.
                            Thats one opinion. I guess it really falls to taste. One mans great show is anothers cancelled show. Thanks for your well thought out reply.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39479

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
                                I'll watch 4 if they come up with a better cast and storyline. Looks like some of the SG1 cast will be coming over to help save the show. Let us all pray that Vala is one of them.
                                i would prefer if we didn't talk about season 4 here, its why i started this thread

while everyone is getting excited about season 4 i can't do that, i need a place where i can talk about the atlantis i love. For me Atlantis as a show is over. this shouldn't be a debate thread i just really want a place where i can talk about the show i loved season 1-3

maybe a bit of why you won't watch season 4 thats cool, as long as we keep it friendly..

i don't know what do you guys think
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X