Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
    Never watched Sg1, so I can't say if Carter was written consistently or just kind of shifted with the wind like SGA characters seem to.

My guess is that TPTB have very little wiggle room as far as Carter is concerned, especially since the sole purpose of adding her is to lure Sg1 fans. If these new fans watch only for Carter, they're going to want to see a Carter they are familiar with, not some half-baked impersonation.

This is also the reason why I tend to disbelieve the whole support role mantra. You add a character that has been a lead for ten years to a newer show solely to lure her old fans to the newer show, and then you relegate her to the background? Does this sound even remotely plausible?
    IMO, she was written consistently in a very boring way. But, yeah, I also think she will be front and center. If by any chance she isn't, or the writers just screw up with the character, then I guess we'll have to share this thread with her fans.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      If by any chance she isn't, or the writers just screw up with the character, then I guess we'll have to share this thread with her fans.
      *zoinks* O.o
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

IMO, she was written consistently in a very boring way. But, yeah, I also think she will be front and center. If by any chance she isn't, or the writers just screw up with the character, then I guess we'll have to share this thread with her fans.
        LOL
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

LOL. The Anti Season 4 - We Told You So Thread.

All newcomers are welcome. We share your pain.
          sigpic

Comment

LOL. The Anti Season 4 - We Told You So Thread.
            LOL!! And it comes with a special dance too.

All newcomers are welcome. We share your pain.
            Yeah, we know what it feels like.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              And stinky socks!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                And stinky socks!
                LOL!!! well, I have plenty of those but I also have sockpuppets. Do they count?

Spoiler:

Comment

And stinky socks!
                  LOL!!! well, I have plenty of those but I also have sockpuppets. Do they count?
                  LOL. We can create a whole welcome package. A way for the newbies to feel right at home.
                  sigpic

Comment

My guess is that TPTB have very little wiggle room as far as Carter is concerned, especially since the sole purpose of adding her is to lure Sg1 fans. If these new fans watch only for Carter, they're going to want to see a Carter they are familiar with, not some half-baked impersonation.
                    They also walk a fine line in how much screentime Carter gets. Too much and she overwhelms the show and takes time away from Atlantis members. Too little and SG1/Carter fans are misled and upset and everyone wonders why Carter was brought over in the first place.

And of course, the line between too much, too little, and just right will vary from fan to fan.

Comment

And we have a couch:

OMG. LOVE IT.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by me!

Comment

We need a thread dance, yeah... like the con line dances. ^_^

I'm breathing very carefully because I refuse to let this whole idiotic situation have any more of a negative effect on my blood pressure (ridiculously high already).

Marlies, you can count me as one of the Kate fans. And I prefer her blonde to redhead.

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post

Brave person you are, to read JM's blog. I get so irritated, it gets my blood pressure up. Something he was smarming about how 'Weir is so fragile and delicate she couldn't even handle an explosion'. Ugh. He doesn't get to write her that way/ be part of the team that decided it was a good idea to do that and then make fun of her for their lame decision.
                          Oh for the love of...he has never said that!

If you disagree, then by all means, PROVE IT. Ugh, I hate it when people takes hearsay as fact. Ridiculous.

Comment

Shep never obeyed an order in his life! (LOL) and now he does? I don't get it.
                            The answer is in the spoilers.
                            Spoiler:
                            Because it's not the real weir.She's a asuran(replicator?).[mod snip]

And yea..i'm pro season four but I do have alot of misgivings anti-carter,anti-weir, no beckett and no ford.Pretty much what you guys are here for.The only reason why i'm pro is my motto.You can't say that something sucks unless you try it.I firmly believe in that.But Watching carter in atlantis made me cringe so hard.Usually i just post in the anti-carter thread but they don't really bash her all that much.At least not like in here.I CAN'T STAND HER.Everything that she does annoy's me to death.Especially when she speaks.Her voice is so annoying.I hated her in sg-1 and i still hate her.What were they thinking putting her in command?She hasn't commanded anything in sg-1.The only time that i liked her was when she was turned into the bad guy and i saw her die.Ugh.
                            Last edited by Madeleine; 15 September 2007, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                              The answer is in the spoilers.
                              Spoiler:
                              Because it's not the real weir.She's a asuran(replicator?).It's shown in one of the adrift scenes.Go to:<snip>
                              Spoiler:
                              She's still part human. In fact, the Asurans couldn't exert any sort of control over her, though she could access their network. I'll stop here because I can see you didn't watch the eps.

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                              And yea..i'm pro season four but I do have alot of misgivings anti-carter,anti-weir, no beckett and no ford.Pretty much what you guys are here for.The only reason why i'm pro is my motto.You can't say that something sucks unless you try it.I firmly believe in that.But Watching carter in atlantis made me cringe so hard.Usually i just post in the anti-carter thread but they don't really bash her all that much.At least not like in here.I CAN'T STAND HER.Everything that she does annoy's me to death.Especially when she speaks.Her voice is so annoying.I hated her in sg-1 and i still hate her.What were they thinking putting her in command?She hasn't commanded anything in sg-1.The only time that i liked her was when she was turned into the bad guy and i saw her die.Ugh.
                              LOL, it seems you've just found your lost tribe. Welcome!
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 15 September 2007, 09:28 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                She's still part human. In fact, the Asurans couldn't exert any sort of control over her, though she could access their network. I'll stop here because I can see you didn't watch the eps.

LOL, it seems you've just found your lost tribe. Welcome!
                                The whole carter thing is just stupid.Shes not needed in atlantis.If they were going with an sg-1 character that was needed to be in atlantis the obvious and less dangerous person to bring in would have been daniel.I'm really irked at them for that because he has alot of ties with atlantis, alot more than carter does.1)He was the one that found atlantis,2)He was an an ascended being,3)he spent the past two years as the leader(maybe not officially, but lets face it, he was) of the opposition against the ori who are twice as powerful as the wraith and the asurans.4)He found a way to get into replicarter's mind while she was in his, he could of done the same thing to the asurans and gotten some pretty valuable information from it.5)It was stated for the past couple of years that daniel wanted to go to atlantis so we always knew that it could happen so we would have been better prepared for it.Daniel crossing over to atlantis would have gone over much more smoothly than carter.There's just no point with carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X