Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm even more mad now reading Hewlett's GW interview. He's basically said that the changes were done so people would talk about them, the campaigns would take care of the press and so people wouldn't forget about the show. Using the fans.

They obviously felt that it was a smart move from the series standpoint to shake things up a bit. Frankly, given the hooting and hollering that's going on, they've succeeded in that.

[There is] press attention, there is fan attention. This is the kind of stuff that I'm assuming producers want, because people are talking about the show. I think that's a good way to mix it up.
    Originally posted by alyssa
    How about SGA: Sam's Great Adventure.

Sounds like that's how it'll end up... ugh.
    Sounds like a dog's adventure to me. *shrugs* There was this movie the other day...

The producers sure know who to bring to Comic Con, the one who'll gush about the show, the changes and Tapping. What a party for the two of them and Mallozzi. Can't believe only Hewlett of the actors will be there. Atlantis is gone.

Edit: I wish I could reply to Hewlett, commenting on some of his statements.
    Last edited by Celcool; 23 July 2007, 04:31 AM.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
      I'm even more mad now reading Hewlett's GW interview. He's basically said that the changes were done so people would talk about them, the campaigns would take care of the press and so people wouldn't forget about the show. Using the fans.

Sounds like a dog's adventure to me. *shrugs* There was this movie the other day...

The producers sure know who to bring to Comic Con, the one who'll gush about the show, the changes and Tapping. What a party for the two of them and Mallozzi. Can't believe only Hewlett of the actors will be there. Atlantis is gone.

Edit: I wish I could reply to Hewlett, commenting on some of his statements.
      Are there going to be only the three of them or some other SGA cast???? If only the three of them, I wouldn't go (if I could ), there's only *so* much gushing about s4 and Carter I can take. Surprisingly I got through the interview, but with agony.

Comment

Just a "heads up" - there is a new poll on the Gateworld home page regarding what fans want to see most in season 4 (I rather fancied "none of the above").

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          Just a "heads up" - there is a new poll on the Gateworld home page regarding what fans want to see most in season 4 (I rather fancied "none of the above").
          Me too. And why am I not surprised Carter got most votes?

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
            Are there going to be only the three of them or some other SGA cast???? If only the three of them, I wouldn't go (if I could ), there's only *so* much gushing about s4 and Carter I can take. Surprisingly I got through the interview, but with agony.
            No other SGA cast, only Hewlett, Tapping of SG-1 and Mallozzi plus Cooper. Who would want to go???

Me too.

Originally posted by mcbarr
            That sums it up, huh? We could have added that to our Anti Word Game.
            At least something he said negative/right. Dissecting this quote fits more in the other thread. Sorry, couldn't help it. *lol* I'm done. *shush*
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
              No other SGA cast, only Hewlett, Tapping of SG-1 and Mallozzi plus Cooper. Who would want to go???
              Pro-people? But OMG ew. I don't think I could sit through the gushing. I guess there'll be a lot of talk of s4. Who's here going? I had to ask

Comment

OK, here's our very own Anti Poll:

Which Atlantis cast change you MOST hate?

a) Carter joining Atlantis
                b) Keller joining Atlantis
                c) Weir exiting the show
                d) Beckett exiting the show
                e) All of the above!
                I choose e!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  OK, here's our very own Anti Poll:

I choose e!
                  so do i.

im just waiting to see if they run this pole with which is your least fave change using the same choices, that would be interesting.
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Well, that was just a joke, but now that you mention it, yeah, it would be interesting to see the results.
                    sigpic

Comment

thats a big e for me~!
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Blah, just read the little piece of news on the main page. Can I say that if they do Weir is taken over by nanites and she flees I will definitely not even watch the remaining Lizzie episodes. That is JUST like Ford. Instead of wraith enzyme its nanites. Oh how original.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          The Shep/McKay dynamic is a real hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's written well and other times it feels forced - like the writer stuck a quip or snark between those two that felt out of place with the scene or the atmosphere of the moment. It makes me wonder if there's a S/M quota that they have to fill or something. Less is more, guys.

I'm also really hoping that TPTB move away from Shep and/or Rodney constantly saving the day. I understand that they're the two golden boys of the show, but it gets really boring when it always comes down to them while Weir/Teyla/Ronon/Zelenka/et al. passively get to watch/get saved/make comments.

I think a episode completely lacking Shep and Rodney could be a good idea to really bring out the other characters. If TPTB can pull it off, that is. 42 minutes of "Where's Sheppard?" "I dunno, where's Rodney?" doesn't count.
                          Yeah. As much as I have enjoyed Sheppard and Rodney, I would really like an episode where Teyla, Zelenka, Ronon and Lorne have to do save the day without them... Your quota comment makes sense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            Blah, just read the little piece of news on the main page. Can I say that if they do Weir is taken over by nanites and she flees I will definitely not even watch the remaining Lizzie episodes. That is JUST like Ford. Instead of wraith enzyme its nanites. Oh how original.
                            Indeed. If they were going to rehash old stuff anyway, they should have ascended her, but then she might find a way to return like Jackson, so, no, let's do something more irreversible and ditch her in Pegasus Galaxy. Then some folks say we have an agenda, huh?
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I don't know that I'm anti season four. I mean I'm glad for all the people that are enjoying the show and I hope that they get the things out of season four that they are hoping for.

I personally just don't find myself looking forward to it at all. I adored Beckett so losing him was a blow. I wouldn't call myself a Weir fan at all but I enjoyed her interactions with the other characters especially John and Rodney, so losing her was also a blow. Even with all that I would have held on but I think that final straw was the addition of Carter to the show. She was my least favorite on SG-1 (I'll only watch the shows through season 6 anyway and never ones that are Carter-centric) and she grates on my last nerve. Now ever spoiler or show mention that comes out now is Carter based and has killed my desire to see the show. I cringe now when I even hear season four mentioned.

I've finally decided that I'll just tape the shows and then come on GW and see what the people say about the show and decide if I'll either bother watching or not. I'm thinking my fastforward button might be getting a workout though. The only ones that I'm pretty sure I'll watch all the way through is Miller's Crossing (for the sibling interaction/McKay spotlight) and The Travellers because the spotlight's on Shep and the lack of Carter.

I'm sad though. Other than Heroes (and I started watching that toward the end of it's season) Atlantis is the only other regular program that I watch.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                                I'm sad though. Other than Heroes (and I started watching that toward the end of it's season) Atlantis is the only other regular program that I watch.
                                Oh but Heroes is so awesome, I would completely forget about SGA if that show had a ship I could ship. LOL. I think we made a list of all the other awesome shows out there. Umm its somewhere in this thread.

I don't even know why they had to kill Beckett, okay so umm how about making a recurring character like in s1, its not like he was getting as much screentime in s3 anyways. The problem is that I think my definition of recurring and tptb definition are completely different. OMG 4 episodes for Elizabeth, that is not recurring.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X