Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Of course, they have their own pantheon... They are Gods and we should worship them... NOT!

Well, maybe a little...
    hehehheehe

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Hehehe, the look great.
    thanks!
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Thank goodness there is also an anti-season four thread. All those people who gush over how wonderful the lame duck "First Strike" is and how excited they are about Carter joining make me want to shoot something.

I haven't seen all of season one because I started watching when it was half over (I AM going to get myself the season one DVD box soon though) from what I have seen I liked the two parter "The Storm" best, which was incidentally the the first episode I saw and the one that drew me into SGA. So far I can't remember any other storyline from season two or three that comes even close to it. I know that it had elements of "Die Hard" in it but I just loved that it showed how efficient Rodney and his team worked to make Atlantis safe and later on shep playing cat and mouse with Kolya. I also loved the peisode in which Rodney and John are stranded with that Wraith on the dessert planet (sorry but I forgot the title). I thought that the first half of season two also lived up to my expectations but then the stories became more meaningless, superficial and in many ways more steroetypical. Does anyone know why there was such a sharp quality drop after the first half? It would really interest me.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
        I also loved the peisode in which Rodney and John are stranded with that Wraith on the dessert planet...
        Mmm... I would love to land on a dessert planet, particularly one that favored chocolate!

But as for the one on the desert planet, it was Defiant One and I agree, it was a good ep, particularly for Rodney. I only wish they'd kept up that sort of development for him instead of playing him as a more competent, egomaniacal version of Felger. *sigh*

I think another massive strike against the show is partly Skiffy's fault- the way they chose to advertise The Tower made a bad ep that much worse.

What scares me most about the bad eps, though, is that they tend to number among the favorites of TPTB. Joe, in fact, has gone on record as saying that Irresistible is one of his top picks for the season and since he's now in charge of the show... I can only imagine what new degradations the characters (and fans) will have to face in the upcoming season. If that's TPTB's idea of good humor, there's no hope for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          What scares me most about the bad eps, though, is that they tend to number among the favorites of TPTB. Joe, in fact, has gone on record as saying that Irresistible is one of his top picks for the season and since he's now in charge of the show... I can only imagine what new degradations the characters (and fans) will have to face in the upcoming season. If that's TPTB's idea of good humor, there's no hope for the show.
          In my opinion is "Irrestistable" the worst episode of the whole season, if not of all seasons together. I hated it... I guess, TPTB have a very strange perception of these things... My favorite in this season was "McKay and Mrs. Miller" even if there was no Carson...
          sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
          Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

my fav of the season was sateda and common ground,"Irrestistable" was just odd in its lack of depth and continuity.

Spoiler:
            Koyla was a pretty cool bad guy and then his death just seemed so arbitrary, anti climactic. Really it kind of cheapened all that went before.

truly "Irrestistable" just wasn't a good episode, but for the truly bad and stinky First strike and sunday win hands down.

Spoiler:
            i keep hearing how everyone loved the cgi in first strike but i wasn't wowed by it, maybe i'm a bit jaded, i think the best bit of cgi was rodney saying goodbye to carson on the peir, it was a beautiful moment, even if the rest of the eppy stunk to high heaven, and i refuse to let carson die. If i don't watch season four my atlantis will always have carson and weir *yes i am in denile but i like it here *

first strike failed in whatever its purpose was.
            really the whole premise of leaving the planet and going to space would have been awesome if they hadn't decided to dump half their cast to do it... really thats the part i'm really having touble getting past.

the new doctor…yuck. She seems flakey, okay I didn’t have much time to form a proper opinion, what happened to Dr. Biro? Wasn’t she next in line? Maybe I have just resolved to dislike her but I miss Carson and I’m sorry I may never like her for that reason alone.

where is Heightmeyer? yet another character they could have/should have developed.

That takes us to the rest of the story…which was completely annoying.

Okay first Colonel Ellis…erg! Where’s Caldwell? This guy is a jerk. Why did they send this new guy and not Caldwell? He says he doesn’t like Weir but says he respects her…baloney! If he respected her he would have asked before beaming down…its called being polite. …. Mission or military or whatever, its still a civilian run operation, and his mission was outside of Atlantis he has no authority on atlantis. This was her base not his.

Second, I know Ellis asked shep to go but did he really or was it an order? He is obviously trying to get shep on his side by saying that shep should run Atlantis and not weir and by asking him to come on the mission etc.

Shep did defend Weir a bit but I am disappointed in him for not saying more in her defense...have they not been working closely together for 3 years? And really aren’t they supposed to be friends?

This takes me to my next point… okay I know shep is the main star of Atlantis… and the military leader, but I don’t want him in charge. I love the underdog and shep, with his record and everything was the underdog. And now they are taking that away from him. What does he have to rise above now?

To me it seemed really Shep was playing the part of Ellis’ puppet and that didn’t sit well with me at all. Where was my firey pissy Shep?

Next the explosion and the flying of Atlantis.

Loved the sinking of Atlantis and I loved Elizabeth watching it. Loved Rodney’s comment about coming full circle. But really that made the fact that she was watching it alone all the more sad.

The flying of Atlantis… was totally ..nothing… I was like 'who cares'… one unimpressive shot of it flying with the shield. I expected more from that.

I did like shep’s nervousness about flying it …I wish they would have shown more of the strain it was taking on him…it couldn’t have been easy.
            Then the beam hitting the gate room. Oh look the blew up Elizabeth… let me see where I have I seen this before…let me think… oh yeah... WHEN THEY BLEW UP CARSON!
            Sheesh couldn’t they have at least made it different? And was that to be her swan song,... sadly i think they've done her an injustice.. now will she will as reoccurring as ford i think... two episodes in 2 years.

Then after the exsplosion three seconds of shep looking slightly concerned then that’s it. Man I got to say I’m disappointed. Elizabeth deserved better

And so they are moving to a new planet…what about the Athosians?… and why wasn’t Teyla concerned about them, and oh man I love Telya but they made her seem so snippy over the fantastic four comment. Rodney is much more Mr fantastic anyways… shep is totally the human torch.

The highlights of this episode…. Chuck getting a name ( I gotta say I’m smitten with Chuck) and shep being nervous about flying Atlantis...and looking hot in the black uniform.

Other then that… two big thumbs down.

all the characters just seemed off...

and we all know whats going to happen in the next episode...

sam carter with swoop in with her nice new shiney ship and save the day... swell i can't wait...oh wait i can... so not watching season 4

I liked Weir, I loved Carson. I don't like the new Doctor and I don't like Carter coming over.
            It will seem like a whole new show and I liked the old one just fine. I think I will prefer to remember the show the way it was.

I guess I knew the changes were coming and i knew i wasn't going to like them at all, but i think i could have accepted them if they had showed a little more respect to Paul, Torri and heck even Mitch. Through out the show most of the characters just seemed off, i didn't Like the JS character and man that ellis guy? he was just so grating and disrespectful.

heck even the lovely Teyla seemed snippy... thats not the Teyla i love. Never mind my poor John. Even Zelenka seemed Down.

everything just seemed off, if this is setting the mood for season 4 i can't say i'm interested watching. I like this show to much to watch it jump the shark.

its the first fandom i have really felt apart of since andromeda

I watch a show for its characters, if there is a constant rotation, where as soon as i like a character they are blown up or reduced to barely appearing, or changed so much i barely reconize them in the course of two episodes, how am i suppose to keep relating to the show?

I can handle change that is done with due cause, respect, and that which suits the natural flow of the story. This felt like the house cleaning it was, with little hommage to the characters and the episodes that have previously been set up.

I really want to keep liking the show, but i can't support whats been done ...well enough said

worst episode ever

and hey my post from yesterday was missing, it wasn't a bad post at all why is it gone?
            Last edited by parisindy; 25 March 2007, 11:25 AM.
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I think posts relating to our latest troll were all deleted.

Comment

I think posts relating to our latest troll were all deleted.

its weird though cause i mean our posts could have been independent of the troll. they weren't negative posts...
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  Thank goodness there is also an anti-season four thread. All those people who gush over how wonderful the lame duck "First Strike" is and how excited they are about Carter joining make me want to shoot something.
                  I actually liked First Strike so I can't agree about that (wasn't wow'ed by the CGI-nuke the planet though,...
                  Spoiler:
                  loved the beam better, especially when it grazes the city ... it's an 'oh no'-moment
                  ).

But I do agree with the last part though...the bolded part.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can agree about that bolded part as well. I don't believe how insensitive people can be, as long as they see their precious Sam, who cares about the actress whose show it really is. Make more room for Sam! Why not creating a show that features only her? I'm so tired of those people who have what they want and now they feel the need to dismiss everything a person who is upset with where the show is heading says and state just the opposite...
                    Last edited by Celcool; 25 March 2007, 02:07 PM.
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                      its weird though cause i mean our posts could have been independent of the troll. they weren't negative posts...
                      The thread is for the discussion of our fears, doubts and general complaints concerning season 4, not for commentary about other fans, their opinions, or their attitudes.

Having just read up on the newest Stargate spinoff, it sounds as if there really IS no hope for the future of the franchise. I actually wondered for a moment if Weir might be one of the characters spun off for the new show, but that's a ridiculously optimistic thought and even if they did all it would be used for is an excuse to create crossovers between Atlantis and "Universe." And we all know what a lovely job they've done with crossovers so far.

Comment

OMG. And this is the guy many fans have blind faith will deliver a good show and won't screw up royally? SGA is doomed. LOL.
                        sigpic

Comment

They keep reiterating that they make the show they want to see, and ratings have dropped and continue to drop. And yet TPTB don't seem to get the message that maybe the show they want to see isn't one that interests too many other people?

I liked Irresistable in the end just because the cast seemed to be having so much fun with it. But last season we were supposed to get "team moments and camaraderie." What I actually saw was a lot of "John+Rodney's Treehouse and their pals!" scenes--even entire episodes, all masquerading as "team moments and camaraderie."

They should just call next season's show "Atlantis SG1 Extreme!" and be done with it.
                          sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                          ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post

They should just call next season's show "Atlantis SG1 Extreme!" and be done with it.
                            HAHAHAHA!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

One more reason to have misgivings about Season 4 with M&M at the helm:

We were watching SG1's "The Fourth Horseman" tonight, and the scene where Jackson and Mitchell confront the Prior? For a few minutes there I wasn't sure what show I was watching. They went into their snarky "cutesy" smart a$$ dialog and they might as well have been John and Rodney. I could close my eyes and yup, it sounded exactly like something Rodney and John would be saying. Totally interchangeable dialog--which is hardly a selling point for what are supposed to be entirely separate characters (at least where Rodney and Daniel are concerned) and universes.

Guess who wrote "The Fourth Horseman?" Yup, M&M. They can't even write original dialog for their characters, let alone their penchant for mining movie scripts and presenting them as "homage" episodes.

Nope, not looking forward to Season Four of Atlantis (SG1) Extreme! in the least.
                              sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                              ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

My sister and I had a funky discussion about the cast changes in s4 and the new show...we came to the following conclusion:

SG aka Stargate the movie is the prequel.
                                SG1 aka Stargate SG1 is the middle part.
                                SG(A) 2 aka Stargate Atlantis is the sequel.

And as such we have the Stargate Trilogy. It will be a smashing hit in the eyes of TPTB but what will the fans say? Stay tuned to find out more, after the break (which can take up to 6 months).

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to feel that TPTB are going to hit a brick wall...and when they do there won't be a way back. They either admit they made a huge mistake and rectify it, or their show gets the axe (option n°2 seems to be the most plausible at the moment).
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X