Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Pajus!

May the Force be with you!
    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Pajus!

Comment

Why can't I quote g.o.d.'s post?

Anyway, hee, hee, g.o.d. The Sarah Jane Adventures--a kiddie spin-off of Doctor Who--has so far been less insulting to my intelligence than a number of SGA season 4 eps (Quarentine and Trio come immediately to mind). Not only that, the title character is a single woman in her *gasp* 50's, and the good, responsible, and loving parent of her sidekick is a divorced single dad--the mom in that scenario is the one who's the lackluster parent. And no one has played who would you rather yet.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
          The Sarah Jane Adventures--a kiddie spin-off of Doctor Who--has so far been less insulting to my intelligence than a number of SGA season 4 eps (Quarentine and Trio come immediately to mind). Not only that, the title character is a single woman in her *gasp* 50's, and the good, responsible, and loving parent of her sidekick is a divorced single dad--the mom in that scenario is the one who's the lackluster parent. And no one has played who would you rather yet.
          .: I might have to watch this - I don't care if it's aimed at kiddies When is it on?

Comment

Who would you rather? I had forgotten that stupid part of 'Trio'! Oh well must complain about it now And then erase 'Trio' from memory to help sanity (also 'Misssing' and 'Quarantine')

Worst scene in SGA EVER! Hated that bit (might have something to do with the fact it was Keller ) And the bit where she just couldn't wait to strip off in front of poor Rodney Oh and the bit where she complained about having to walk (she's a doctor - hello!) Ok I will have to stop coz this page is not big enough to list all the bad bits!

I feel my intelligence going down the drain watching SGA sometimes.....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: I might have to watch this - I don't care if it's aimed at kiddies When is it on?
              I've only seen one ep so far, but it's gentle, amusing fun. If an adult can't find something good in a children's show, film, or book, I don't think it should be given to kids. Why feed their eager little minds junk? It's on 8:00pm on Sci-Fi, Friday night...right before the Doctor Who premiere, whoohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                I feel my intelligence going down the drain watching SGA sometimes.....
                that's because watching SGA is a different form of lobotomy. You need to watch better shows after SGA. It will restore your IQ back to normal

btw. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAJUS
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  that's because watching SGA is a different form of lobotomy. You need to watch better shows after SGA. It will restore your IQ back to normal
                  Never do that the other way around... I still don't understand what I was thinking watching Dr. Who's Blink before SGA... Goddess, that was a major mistake. Put the whole thing seriously in perspective. Sorry Joe F, things didn't change for the better, they changed for the worst.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Sarah Jane Adventures--a kiddie spin-off of Doctor Who--has so far been less insulting to my intelligence than a number of SGA season 4 eps (Quarentine and Trio come immediately to mind). Not only that, the title character is a single woman in her *gasp* 50's, and the good, responsible, and loving parent of her sidekick is a divorced single dad--the mom in that scenario is the one who's the lackluster parent. And no one has played who would you rather yet.
                    That's the thing about British TV, Dr Who in particular, it does portray real life, Sarah-Jane, single woman who works hard, Jackie, single mum living on a council estate, Francine Jones, bitter because her husband's cleared off with a younger woman, Clive Jones, having a mid life crisis. Hands up who knows someone like those's I've listed in real life, Me for one

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Never do that the other way around... I still don't understand what I was thinking watching Dr. Who's Blink before SGA... Goddess, that was a major mistake. Put the whole thing seriously in perspective. Sorry Joe F, things didn't change for the better, they changed for the worst.
                      what? you watched better show before SGA? don't do it again
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

****HAPPY B-DAY PAJUS****

Comment

what? you watched better show before SGA? don't do it again
                          I learned my lesson the hard way.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            That's the thing about British TV, Dr Who in particular, it does portray real life, Sarah-Jane, single woman who works hard, Jackie, single mum living on a council estate, Francine Jones, bitter because her husband's cleared off with a younger woman, Clive Jones, having a mid life crisis. Hands up who knows someone like those's I've listed in real life, Me for one
                            Yeah, that's one of the things I like about Dr. Who and it's spin-offs. Ordinary people have amazing adventures and save the world. And they don't usually resort to the normal stereotypes. SGA seems to be taking the path of least resistence in creating it's characters (i.e. Keller's attractive, everyone will love her, who cares if she's whiney and written inconsistently).

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              ****HAPPY B-DAY PAJUS****
                              Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAJUS
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAJUS!!!

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              Happy Birthday Pajus!
                              btw. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAJUS
                              Thank you so much, guys

Happy Birthday, Pajus!

I tried an English to Czech web translator for Happy Birthday, hopefully it didn't come out with anything inadvertently offensive: štastný narozeniny.
                              WOW... An internet translator that knows non-formal talk. Awesome!

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              Happy Birthday Pajus!

May the Force be with you!
                              I don't know about the Force, but the FicForce sure is with me. 2 more How it should have been stories are about to be published. Anyway: May the Force be with you as well, young-one

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                              Who would you rather? I had forgotten that stupid part of 'Trio'! Oh well must complain about it now And then erase 'Trio' from memory to help sanity
                              Don't erase Trio from your mind! Reiko challenged me to write about the physics there!

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                Don't erase Trio from your mind! Reiko challenged me to write about the physics there!
                                Should be far more interesting than the 'original' Trio, ok I won't erase it just yet!

btw - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X