Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 4 & Dr. Weir Discussion Thread ( Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    But that's in the back half...
    I just think it would seem rather odd if the first part is supposedly a good episode for her character (or at least the best we're going to get in season 4) and she was absent from the second part - I still think that it's likely that it's the fourth episode. But what do I know?

Comment

Happened to the Ancients in The Return, didn't it? They appear in the first part, and are gone during the second.

Comment

Happened to the Ancients in The Return, didn't it? They appear in the first part, and are gone during the second.
        Okay, I'm going to look dumb whatever I say so I'll just shut up, now you know why Ali does most of the spoilery stuff on the comm while I just do the technical bits and pieces.

Comment

Now now, we're all offering suggestions. My one example doesn't mean anything until JM (or someone else) confirm Weir's appearance in that episode.

Comment

Ignore me PG15 I'm just grumpy today.

Perhaps someone could ask JM outright if she will be appearing in the second part.

Comment

Well, here are some answers:

Scifan writes: “Can you give us a hint about "Be All My Sins Remember'd"? Is it just about one member of the team or all of them?”

Answer: All of them. And then some.

Comment

Well, here are some answers:
                Yeah but does Joe M see Weir as part of the team? Is Weir still part of the team? Or even Atlantis? We don't know that, all we know is 4 eps really. Am I wrong? Probably.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has asked JM about Weir being in the second half of the 2 parter, and if they have, Joe hasn't answered. PG15 is quite correct though. Joe confirmed Weir is in 4 episodes from the first half of season 4, and the second part of the mid season finale is in the back half. It's all very confusing!

I personally don't think JM thinks of Weir as part of the team anymore, certainly not the core team, I don't think.
                  sigpic

Comment

I will miss Wier. I always felt like it was her expedition. Even though lately she's had the "General Hammond" role. I for one didn't mind, I missed General Hammond when he left, Landry was never the same.

I'll miss you Elizibeth.

Comment

I read that Sam Carter will be the new commander of Atlantis, so i don't really know where that would leave Weir.

Source: TVguide.

Comment

Originally posted by sailfindragon View Post
                        I read that Sam Carter will be the new commander of Atlantis, so i don't really know where that would leave Weir.

Source: TVguide.
                        On the bench, playing the extra we don't need probably. Which is very unfortunate.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There is no way to know. With Sam in charge (and after re-watching Season 8/9 when Weir leaves the SG-1 to be in charge of the Atlantis research mission) she even admits that it would be better for her if she was not in control of a military base saying that research would be better.

Anyway, I'm a huge Weir fan, but I would love to see her stay on as a research centered role, working on translations, alien negotiation, etc. Get her out of the office and into the action a bit. Although, I don't know how that would work. I guess my big thing is that they have her so upset about leaving Atlantis in Season 3 to have her character leave it in Season 4 seems kind of out of character. You'd think she'd fight like heck to stay.

Anyway, that just my two cents which aren't worth much at all.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
                            Anyway, I'm a huge Weir fan, but I would love to see her stay on as a research centered role, working on translations, alien negotiation, etc. Get her out of the office and into the action a bit. Although, I don't know how that would work. I guess my big thing is that they have her so upset about leaving Atlantis in Season 3 to have her character leave it in Season 4 seems kind of out of character. You'd think she'd fight like heck to stay.

Anyway, that just my two cents which aren't worth much at all.
                            Exactly. That's one of my biggest concerns as well. Liz was so lost without Atlantis, as were the others, in S3. So if she's gone from the expedition in S4 (and has to leave the others behind in the process), I really hope they show how upset she is, and how hard she's fighting to get back there. I also hope they show the others expressing how upset they are that she's left.

But her willingly leaving Atlantis? Not an option in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                              Exactly. That's one of my biggest concerns as well. Liz was so lost without Atlantis, as were the others, in S3. So if she's gone from the expedition in S4 (and has to leave the others behind in the process), I really hope they show how upset she is, and how hard she's fighting to get back there. I also hope they show the others expressing how upset they are that she's left.
                              That would require continuity and I have yet to see any of that. If they don't do it with Carson, why would they do it with Elizabeth?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                That would require continuity and I have yet to see any of that. If they don't do it with Carson, why would they do it with Elizabeth?
                                I understand that there's been little continuity with Carson in terms of how the other characters have mourned his passing, but that's no different than how they treated Janet on SG-1 (in fact, the similiarities between those situations are uncanny).

I think a bit more care will be taken with a character who plays the base commander. Or at least I hope it will.

Comment

Working...
                                X