X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Spoiler:
    I wonder if Michael Beach is going to be the commander of the Apollo?
    I've wondered the same thing. The actor is almost old enough to hold the appropriate rank.

a time to mourn

Comment

I'm fine with both Carter and Beckett leaving. I think the show will still be great!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        Jewel's character is

Spoiler:
        Dr. Keller, MD
        Or Kellar. When I asked Jewel Staite who she was playing, she told me. However, she wouldn't say anything more about her character. Alas, she is young to play a doctor (unless they make her into the tv stereotype of wunderkind ala Doogie Howser). The actress is contracted for 12 episodes (not 13-15) and this came from the MGM casting person at the convention (who knows the numbers very well). As to whether this character remains with the show depends on variables (if the writers know what to do with her - they do seem to have problems writing female characters) and audience reaction.

Comment

Tapping, Luttrell and Higginson in the same room, ahhhhhhhhhhhh
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I`m disappointed that they are getting rid of Carson, he was my favourite recurring character in the first season but he has been TOTALLY wasted since becoming a regular.

I`m not even going to speak about the retrovirus storyline, a half-assed attempt to give him something to do if ever there was one!

I don`t mind them bumping him back to recurring if that means that his screen time will actually be worth it.

As for Jewel being the new doc...to be honest I don`t think the show ever warranted having a full time doctor on the cast (that applies to Beckett and Keller).
            I see no reason to bump one doctor off the cast only to bring in another recurring doctor to replace him. Only reason I can think of is that they want a bit more sex appeal or they are trying to give someone a love interest.
            Why else would they replace Carson with another doctor?

Carter making the odd cameo appearance I am fine with, same goes for MS if they decide to bring him in for a few episodes. I just hope they make it count!

And I also have no problem with having the commander of Apollo as a main regular or even main cast member. They had just better not push Caldwell and the Daedalus into the background or I will be annoyed!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Spoiler:
              I wonder if Michael Beach is going to be the commander of the Apollo?
              Spoiler:
              He probably is. DH said he's good at long dialogs and judging from spoilers from future eps, First Strike is the only one I could see him in, especially if he's returning for some eps in Season Four.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                Spoiler:
                He probably is. DH said he's good at long dialogs and judging from spoilers from future eps, First Strike is the only one I could see him in, especially if he's returning for some eps in Season Four.
                Spoiler:
                Wow, that prolly means TPTB won't blow up new ship as fast as they used to. Unless... they do...heresy!!!! Any words about Caldwell being in S4?
                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

None.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Mitch has a new job...I've heard they're writing Caldwell out since he can't put in the time anymore
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Mitch has a new job...I've heard they're writing Caldwell out since he can't put in the time anymore
                      Mitch currently has a roleon DAYBREAK on ABC, but Joe Flanigan said that he was doing that, but.... didn't say Caldwell was being written out, just that it might be more difficult to get him due to time and possibly rising salary costs. Did someone (official) at a con actually say Caldwell was being written out??

Comment

Suppose we can kiss the Daedalus goodbye then...

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                          I guess that means bad news for someone on current team.. and we all know who is suspected to get killed.
                          I have no idea who you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                            I`m disappointed that they are getting rid of Carson, he was my favourite recurring character in the first season but he has been TOTALLY wasted since becoming a regular.

I`m not even going to speak about the retrovirus storyline, a half-assed attempt to give him something to do if ever there was one!

I don`t mind them bumping him back to recurring if that means that his screen time will actually be worth it.

As for Jewel being the new doc...to be honest I don`t think the show ever warranted having a full time doctor on the cast (that applies to Beckett and Keller).
                            I see no reason to bump one doctor off the cast only to bring in another recurring doctor to replace him. Only reason I can think of is that they want a bit more sex appeal or they are trying to give someone a love interest.
                            Why else would they replace Carson with another doctor?

Carter making the odd cameo appearance I am fine with, same goes for MS if they decide to bring him in for a few episodes. I just hope they make it count!

And I also have no problem with having the commander of Apollo as a main regular or even main cast member. They had just better not push Caldwell and the Daedalus into the background or I will be annoyed!
                            Caldwell has been pushed back b/c Mitch has another job, Carson leaving will be sad but alas I can live with it as same with Carter comeing on. I just hope this dosent spell doom for the show which I don't think it will.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i have no problem with Caldwell being pushed back (well, little), but if they blow up Deadalus instead of getting new captain for that ship i'll be pissed....
                              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Daedalus will probably maintain its role as a support/cargo ship for the Atlantis expedition whereas the Apollo is probably going to be a permanent ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X