Vengeance (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    loved Rodney's lesson, he looked ten years old, so cute.
    Talking about Rodney's sword-fighting lesson, someone was wondering about why he would rate a yellow belt. But that whole getup is way too big for him -- looks like he's wearing clothes that fits someone the size of Ronon. So maybe he just borrowed the thing from someone else, and the yellow belt came with it?
    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
      Talking about Rodney's sword-fighting lesson, someone was wondering about why he would rate a yellow belt. But that whole getup is way too big for him -- looks like he's wearing clothes that fits someone the size of Ronon. So maybe he just borrowed the thing from someone else, and the yellow belt came with it?
      I hear the clothes are some kind of nod at ADB, but since I don't know what the movie is about I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        I hear the clothes are some kind of nod at ADB, but since I don't know what the movie is about I have no idea.
        You can see the trailer here. (warning! more hewlett than you ever wanted to see! ) However, the clothes DH is wearing in ADB fit him, and the belt is a dark color -- can't tell if it's brown or black, but definitely not yellow.
        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Interesting episode.

Had an Alien v Predator feel to it. Also felt darker than most eps.
          Was good to see Michael again too
          Im sure we will be seeing more of those Hybrids in the future...
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
            Interesting episode.

Had an Alien v Predator feel to it. Also felt darker than most eps.
            Was good to see Michael again too
            Im sure we will be seeing more of those Hybrids in the future...
            I hope so I really loved it.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
              Talking about Rodney's sword-fighting lesson, someone was wondering about why he would rate a yellow belt.
              Heh. A yellow belt, at least in the styles I've studied, is just one or two steps up from beginner. If Rodney can lift his leg high enough to kick and can memorize a few basic movements, he can qualify.

Personally, I think the clothes are borrowed but the belt is his. Daed's supposed to have limited room, why would they ship a gi for everyone? And I really want to imagine an after-hours Taikwondo or Aikido class where Rodney and other scientists huff their way to better self-defense. *imagines Zelenka in a gi*

Of course, Ronon already gave us that image. *hearts *

Comment

I bet Zelenka is a total closet ninja.

Comment

This was great and was better than Submersion, I loved the look of the Bugs and cant wait to see how the Michael ark develops.

Did remind you of Aliens alot though but at least they admitted it LOL
                  STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                  legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
                    This was great and was better than Submersion, I loved the look of the Bugs and cant wait to see how the Michael ark develops.

Did remind you of Aliens alot though but at least they admitted it LOL
                    That was my first thought and I loved it. Especially rodney's reaction to the comment.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Coolest. Episode. Ever. Not the 'best' of stargate, but one of the coolest. I mean, stargate, and an Aliens-eque theme. What could be better than combining my two favorite sci-fi sagas of all time?

Comment

Must say I quite enjoyed this after a lackluster season. I always like seeing Conner Trinnear pop up every now and I hope they don't over use him like Robert Davi (Koyla). I have a feeling Michael will be back as part of the mid-season finale for season 4!
                        "You ended that sentence with a preposition!!" - Jack O'Niell

My DVD Collection

Comment

OH , my God! a mad wraith hibrid! That was just so cool! (and very funny!)
                          I really liked this episode, althought I didn't quite get Michael's purpose for his new "pets". I mean , they did seemed stupid and quite easilly killed in the end. Anyway , I guess the wraith just don't like to be alone.
                          I honestly couldn't care less if they show Teyla's cleavege, I didn't even notice it( although, from all the complains it was rather hard to miss). I would have prefered John on that table,or , even better, Carson. Michael killing Carson would have made more sense then the exploding tumour.
                          Other than that I think Ronon really needs to evolve!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With him there are no surprises , we know exactly what he's going to do and say.
                          And, with these bugs now in Pegasus Galaxy, the wraith will have even less food. Boy, are they gone be angry when they found out about Michael! Let's hope they don't kill ; I quite like Connor Trinner.

Comment

Really great episode. I enjoyed it a lot.

The beginning was obviously hilarious with Rodney training with Ronon. Poor McKay looked about ready to run and hide.
                            I just knew Ronon would attack him when he turned to Lizzie and Sheppard.

Michael back in action, scary as ever with his alien-creatures. They really should have listened to Sheppard when he said they were using the airshafts. And I got the chills when the irratus-bug came into play, with its scary chirping or whatever you call that sound.

Carson should have gone out in this episode, with Michael as his executioner. Seemed fitting. Do to them, what they did to you. But instead it was Teyla, whom I might add, was a good choice as well, seeing the sort of relationship she and Michael share. I think in a way he respects her. He didn't feed on her in 'Michael' but we can't forget she too was guilty on leaving him to die in 'Misbegotten'. But still, I feel Michael is quite fond of Teyla in a way.

I felt sorry for the marines who obviously came in to be the red shirts of the episode.

And I loved the scene at the end between Teyla and Elizabeth.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Interesting episode I must say. If the whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" issue will apply later on in season 4 and Michael will "configure" his creatures to attack the Wraith I have nothing against that . However, I doubt he will turn on his own kind. Oh well, wishfull thinking .

Comment

This whole "experiment" idea was stolen from StarCraft. The "experiment" from StarCraft, similarly, is a Hybrid of Protoss/Zerg, 2 of 3 of the predominante species in the game. It appears in a secret level in the game and plays a very significant role in the game because it is one of the major unanswered question in the storyline of the game.

And I'm pretty sure the writers knew about this too. They mentioned World of WarCraft in that one other episode, and StarCraft is another game made by the very same company, so I'm pretty sure they played the game. I just hate it when the producers takes an idea from another less known story, tailor it into their own uses, then people praises it for its creativity.

Now for some of you hardcore fanboys you probably will say WarCraft is stolen from LOTR, Protoss != Wraith, and lists about 3458943t6456 other examples of how ____ is also stolen from ____. Before you say anything, take a look at this screenie from the game. Nice job copying and pasting the script guys!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X