The Ark (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
    The writer never should have had to come out and explain the plot after the fact. The story should have been on the screen. That's just bad writing, and this was a very bad episode.
    well i personally didnt have to have him explain it (i thought it might help others understand it)....i didnt care about the shuttle thing because i just enjoyed the moment and the pretty CGI...i just thought sheppy is one lucky man and left it at that. they go through a wormhole to other other planets and fight life sucking creatures every day...i dont question stuff as "omg that so wouldnt happen" i just enjoy the entertainment it was supposed to provide.i know some people are interested in the science behind it or whatever but i wasnt....i watch this show for the characters mostly anyway, i knew from watching shep/joe in that scene that he didnt think he was going to make it and was lucky to be alive.
    as for the 1000 people vs teyla thing i got that too, he was saving her because he would spend the rest of his life thinking about whether he couldve saved her and yes he knew he had a 1 in a million chance but he had to try it, as he wouldve done with anyone of his team.
    anyway i really enjoyed this ep, one of my favs of season 3 completely, joe and rachel are brilliant in it!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
      well i personally didnt have to have him explain it (i thought it might help others understand it)....i didnt care about the shuttle thing because i just enjoyed the moment and the pretty CGI...i just thought sheppy is one lucky man and left it at that. they go through a wormhole to other other planets and fight life sucking creatures every day...i dont question stuff as "omg that so wouldnt happen" i just enjoy the entertainment it was supposed to provide.i know some people are interested in the science behind it or whatever but i wasnt....i watch this show for the characters mostly anyway, i knew from watching shep/joe in that scene that he didnt think he was going to make it and was lucky to be alive.
      as for the 1000 people vs teyla thing i got that too, he was saving her because he would spend the rest of his life thinking about whether he couldve saved her and yes he knew he had a 1 in a million chance but he had to try it, as he wouldve done with anyone of his team.
      anyway i really enjoyed this ep, one of my favs of season 3 completely, joe and rachel are brilliant in it!!
      I agree Roo... this ep definitely entertained me and its sci-fi so I have no problem with stretching my imagination... If I can accept John being able to magically fly a puddle jumper, wormhole travel to a different galaxy, and life sucking aliens !! I can believe John can fly a shuttle.

Joe and Rachel were great in this ep and its also one of my favs from season three.

Great post Expendable Crewman.... I agree with everything you said..
      sigpic

Comment

Not up for one of my favourites of the season, but not bad- I loved the CGI of the moon crashing into the atmosphere, looked great, and liked the look of the station. Too bad it had to explode. Pretty decent story, I'm so glad to see Lorne back in the back half of this season. I missed him!

Comment

Not one of my favorites either, but still pretty good.

John flying the rocket was cool!

Comment

I thought it was funny you could see a Snickers bar in the 1000's of year old shuttle.
            sigpic

The All Seeing Eye

Comment

I really liked this episode. I just watched it on dvd.

It reminded me of Space:1999 and of Doctor Who's Ark in Space (the computer fails to awaken people in time)... so that was fun..

Only thing I thought Rodney would suggest Linux not a Mac...
              http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
              sigpic
              My fics at my site
              Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Saw this episode last friday (Sweden is so behind...) and I...somehow didn't find this episode to be good. I don't think I can call it ridiculously bad, but it was so boring I almost fell asleep. Twice.

Now I'm left dreading the next episode.
                ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

This episode made me realise how bad Teyla's people skills are. The first guy that was reintergrated, first thing she says to him 'Everyone on your planet is dead' like 20 seconds after he was reintergrated lol. When that other guy was knocked out, 20 seconds after he's woken up 'The other guy is dead and tried to kill us all'. The girl needs to work on her timing.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    This episode made me realise how bad Teyla's people skills are. The first guy that was reintergrated, first thing she says to him 'Everyone on your planet is dead' like 20 seconds after he was reintergrated lol. When that other guy was knocked out, 20 seconds after he's woken up 'The other guy is dead and tried to kill us all'. The girl needs to work on her timing.
                    Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                      Saw this episode last friday (Sweden is so behind...) and I...somehow didn't find this episode to be good. I don't think I can call it ridiculously bad, but it was so boring I almost fell asleep. Twice.

Now I'm left dreading the next episode.
                      Are you serious?
                      What was boring about it?

I thought the idea of using Wraith beaming technology to save a civilization from the Wraith themselves, was awesome.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey anyone notice when sammy suicide is at the controls of the rocket theres a snickers bar on the console?

Comment

I never noticed that!
                          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

They pointed that out in the commentary actually
                            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Tod is the first wraith to actually grin and laugh.
                              After such a disastrous encounter, Ksht’ar Uresh had been called to the Imperial courts on the Homeworld to discus matters with the Emperor. He remembered a phrase one of his instructors always said to him and his students ‘And remember, the Faruk Empire is at stake ever single second – apply that cold Faruk steel to any situation.’ Well he did, he had done so for the past 60 years, from the Mikrosh war to their current predicament with the Terrans. But despite his ruthless dedication to the Empire in service he failed in these times of peace and disparity to apply this ‘cold Faruk steel’ successfully. The Faruk Empire could not afford a war now in its weakened state, despite their ruthlessness to fight it.

Comment

haha that's funny about the snickers bar, all that's missing is mr t strolling in on a tank calling everyone a fool.

if only

but still i like the whole idea of this episode

Comment

Working...
                                X