No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also noted, the young doctor women, came out of the blue and she was a pallbearer? Amazing how she was a splitting image of Jewel. No prizes for guessing that paricular character will no doubt be reprised by Jewel, hence giving 'Dr Keller' a little backstory and credibility (I dont think so). She will no doubt turn up in the next ep or two....Carson....Carson who?

I am truely appalled.

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
      I also noted, the young doctor women, came out of the blue and she was a pallbearer? Amazing how she was a splitting image of Jewel. No prizes for guessing that paricular character will no doubt be reprised by Jewel, hence giving 'Dr Keller' a little backstory and credibility (I dont think so). She will no doubt turn up in the next ep or two....Carson....Carson who?

I am truely appalled.
      No doubt we got all the "emotional resolution" we are going to get in the ten minutes worth of WOEs! faces at the funeral, and in the cliched final scene where Marty Stu McKay is let off the hook. Next week it's back to business as usual.
      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships View Post
        Wait... Shepperd has a son!? Or was that just to say that it's relatively unlike Jack? Don't scare me like that if it is!!!
        No, no kids. Didn't mention any.

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
        In one Star Trek Voyager episode, 'Deadlock' I think, the ship comes into contact with a 'parrallel' version with duplicates of all the crew. The 'real' Ensign Kim dies but the other version comes through (the parrallel ship is destroyed anyway) and stays with the 'real' crew, and it's never mentioned again.

I hope that made sense Basically like if Kawalski had stayed in our reality in one of the AU eps.
        Well, if it were AU, then Beckett would have to be alive in each subsequent episode, unless the rest o fseason 3 onward is AU....

Originally posted by Nearfantastica View Post
        Oh god, I just finished watching it....and did I ever cry over the last scene with Carson and Rodney! Poor Rodney!

On the note of Sheppard being married, how much you want to bet that it was a shotgun wedding that happened in his early 20s when he was more of an idiot than he is now? I bet he sunk his whole heart into it, and his family turned their backs on him because they thought he'd knocked some innocent girl up, and in the end, he cheated on her (kirk) and the marriage fell apart....

There. That explanation makes me happy.
        I could see Shep being married, young, before Afghanistan definitely and at that point in time, he was probably divorced. Since he said he wasn't good at it (marriage), I suspect his career took precedence and perhaps his 'leave no one behind stuff' was part of the reason for a divorce. I see tons of fanfic fodder in that one statement. Of course, the way Shep shrugs off disaster (to mourn it later - as he said Carson's death hadn't hit him yet and he wasn't looking forward to it), there could have been something tragic too (I watch too much TV). Could have had a kid, kid could have died (accident, or in birth, or something) and he wasn't there and the guilt just drove a wedge between wife and him and the marriage dissolved (any fanfic writers are free to run with that idea).

As for Carson. well, sure doens't pay to be a doctor in the SG universe. Same as HEROES. Beloved doctor snuffed. And they have a body. How the heck are they going to get out of that?? Propelled into an AU? Was a clone and wasn't really him? It was well written, sad, but like HEROES, the big question begs WHY?!?!?!?!

Comment

I couldn't help but laugh at the VFX when the bomb went off and killed Beckett... Should I start clubbing baby seals or something?

The episode felt odd to me... It didn't really seem to have a point to it other than the death of Beckett. I felt Janet's death in Heroes was 'better' in that sense.
          Sure all the little character bits are good, but it just seems weird to have an entire episode of character bits. If those same character bits are interspersed through a 'normal' episode it would be awesome, but I found myself almost getting bored at points with no plot-of-the-week to follow.

Also, exploding tumours? hahahaha.

ETA: And another thing - what happened to everyone else that died? There were at least 3 other dead and probably that bomb defusal dude too. Why didn't they get a send off? I think that funeral scene could have had more impact if it was Beckett's casket with the other dead too. I don't think it would have taken anything away from Beckett dying, and it wouldn't have made it all about Beckett dying.

Comment

Hey, I got a brilliant idea that would totally fit: How about we kill off either Shep or Rodney and replace him with Lucius? Or maybe both? That would just be awesome! And keep the show FRESH!
            OMG yes! What a brilliant idea! I love Lucius. The show really needs some new faces. Hmmm....Now who else should we ditch? </sarcasm>

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
              I couldn't help but laugh at the VFX when the bomb went off and killed Beckett... Should I start clubbing baby seals or something?

The episode felt odd to me... It didn't really seem to have a point to it other than the death of Beckett. I felt Janet's death in Heroes was 'better' in that sense.
              Sure all the little character bits are good, but it just seems weird to have an entire episode of character bits. If those same character bits are interspersed through a 'normal' episode it would be awesome, but I found myself almost getting bored at points with no plot-of-the-week to follow.

Also, exploding tumours? hahahaha.
              The SPX for the explosions was good but only to a degree. Fire scorches wall and I didn't see any (although did watch it VERY fast). I don't think Atlantis has scorch-proof walls.

Tumors can defnitely burst, but explode.... hmm.... stupid Ancients.

Comment

What I don't understand?

Okay...so Teyla was badly hurt in the first explosion.

Yet Beckett was further away and got consumed in a fireball?!?
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  What I don't understand?

Okay...so Teyla was badly hurt in the first explosion.

Yet Beckett was further away and got consumed in a fireball?!?
                  uggh!! that has been bothering me as well!! Surely he would have been thrown ahead of the explosion?

Comment

^The tumor had grown bigger than the first one (and therefore had more explosive power)?
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      Well after reading Mr. Mallozzi's blog, and his outright slagging off of SGA fans (ill informed lemmings indeed) . I will not be watching anymore.

http://joesphmallozzi.blogspot.com

Thanks Joe. You have helped subside my sadness over Carson's death, by reminding me how much TPTB care about the fans of their show. Now I can be incredibly angry instead.

I posted a comment, but it has to be aproved by the blog owner first...

Comment

I admit I didn't read all posts about this episode... sorry if the subject was brought already, but why is Sunday considered still episode 314 when in The Ark Becket is still alive...

I see now that Sunday is really 317....
                        Last edited by Loredana; 16 January 2007, 06:14 AM. Reason: Sorry.. Edited cuz i missed the part where Becket is actually alive...

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                          ^The tumor had grown bigger than the first one (and therefore had more explosive power)?
                          <sarcasm>Yeh that'll be it.</sarcasm> (not sarcasm directed at you though sgeureka, your explanation is very likely) In other words it's a shoddy way of getting rid of a fantastic character.

I know there's a fair amount of people who have enjoyed this episode and I can see why but to me, this episode was a showcase of exactly why Carson should continue to be a character on Atlantis. It only highlighted to me how pointless and ridiculous a death it was. Explosive tumours....what a total disrespect to the character and the actor.

High praise and thanks to Paul McGillion for making me really care for Beckett as a character. He'll be sorely missed.

Comment

Since when did they actually say it was Sheppard she was pining over?

I thought it remained un-named?

p.s the expression slash gal reminds me kind of amusingly of __ hag! (hint, the __ rhymes with hag)

Comment

I am about to watch Sunday it can't be that bad can it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Loredana View Post
                                I see now that Sunday is really 317....
                                Sunday is 318

Comment

Working...
                                X