Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Does anyone else think this episode will suck after we see Beckett alive in S4?
    Nope, not one inch. I just watched it and it's still brilliant. Besides, who is this Carson anyway we will get to see in The Kindred?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is one of the greatest episodes of SGA ever written regardless of the Kindred. It shows the different relationships among the expedition and really speaks to Beckett's character that he is willing to risk his life for his patient.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        Does anyone else think this episode will suck after we see Beckett alive in S4?
        It will only suck (not in terms of the episode becuase it is a GREAT episode in itself, but impact wise) for those who know he comes back and then watch Sunday for the first time. When I first saw Sunday I had no idea that Beckett was ever supposed to come back for S4, so it was a good episode.
        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

It won't suck for me. Besides the fact that I only saw "Sunday" recently and therefore already knew he was coming back, I'm used to dead characters coming back anyway. They've done it numerous times in the various Star Treks (Spock, Tasha Yar, Dax, Trip Tucker etc.).
          sigpic

Comment

Missed that episode, so i dont know, but if that really him in the next episode.

Comment

Hey, new to the forum

Personally I don't think that Carson died. I was just reading Mallozi's Blog and there was a hint that he didn't. Either he was transferred back because he was in a coma from the burns or was recalled due to an emergency on Earth. There could be any number of reasons that we haven't heard from him till now. The bit with Carson talking to McKay at the end could have just been Rodney saying goodbye to him, in the way that only McKay can.

When the bomb exploded the only people close enough for it to kill were the bomb desposal guys, condsidering the blast patterns from the first explosion. Carson was too far from the bomb for him to be killed, only burned. They all look sullen at the end of Sunday cos they don't know if he's going to be ok or not.

(btw I haven't read the synopsis for Kindred yet, so i dunno how he's coming back)

Comment

Err... have you watched Sunday, cause there was a memorial service at the end of the episode where a body (Carson's) was send back to Earth, where there was a funeral (church service and all).

Carson is dead. Dead as a doornail.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Err... have you watched Sunday, cause there was a memorial service at the end of the episode where a body (Carson's) was send back to Earth, where there was a funeral (church service and all).

yh dead, gone but not forgotton and coming back to life!!
                  sigpic
                  [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Wow. I know there have been some pretty blatant examples of fans in denial over the facts, but that's a real tipper.

Carson died. They held a memorial for him, people cried, and they sent a casket back through the gate. You don't put live people in caskets. Not for legitimate and non-pervy reasons, anyway.

The writers can still bring Carson back without negating what happened in Sunday. They might be a little over-the-top sometimes, but I can't see them pretending that Sunday never happened or that somehow everyone misunderstood it.

Someone asked if knowing what's gonna happen in S4 changes their opinion of Sunday and I gotta say, I still love Sunday but I think bringing Carson back kinda takes away from the story told here and chips another chunk out of the show's (and the writers') integrity. Just because you CAN bring characters back from the dead doesn't mean you should.

Comment

That is why it is called SCI FI my dear.

Spoiler:
                      Aeryn Sun Died in Farscape and she came back to life. Look at Starbuck in BSG, she died in the Viper explosion but is alive.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                        If I remember correctly, it was called "Dark Isle".
                        Yeah, it was called the "Dark Island". I imagine you might be able to find some sort of recording online. I do know that Mike Oldfield has a version of it on his album "Voyager". The moment I heard the bagpipes playing, I knew what the music was.

It's interesting, too, because the original title of the piece is called "Dr. Mackay's Farewell to Creagorry". (bolding by me to show that TPTB chose a very appropriate song)

http://www.geocities.com/area51/Zone/6338/eil_dor.htm

Joy

Comment

They never actually said it was Carson's body though. it could have been the bomb desposal team

Comment

Originally posted by Swederell View Post
                            They never actually said it was Carson's body though. it could have been the bomb desposal team
                            You serious? With a Scottish flag draped over it? And them talking about him like they did? He is dead. D-E-D dead.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tina_als_girl View Post
                              Yeah, it was called the "Dark Island". I imagine you might be able to find some sort of recording online. I do know that Mike Oldfield has a version of it on his album "Voyager". The moment I heard the bagpipes playing, I knew what the music was.

It's interesting, too, because the original title of the piece is called "Dr. Mackay's Farewell to Creagorry". (bolding by me to show that TPTB chose a very appropriate song)

http://www.geocities.com/area51/Zone/6338/eil_dor.htm
                              Thanks for the info...

Originally posted by Swederell View Post
                              In Carson's quarters:

DEX: You sending it all back home to his family?

McKAY: Yeah. I mean, we will. They don’t know yet. We’re going to send, uh ... (he trails off for a long moment) ... the body back to Earth and, um, I’m gonna tell his mother. (He looks at Ronon for a moment.) I should have just gone fishing with him.

DEX (his voice almost breaking): Don’t.

McKAY: No. If I’d gone fishing ... if I’d checked the machine ... if I hadn’t assigned two junior guys to catalogue the lab ...

This conversation doesn't leave much room for speculation about whom they are talking.

The bomb disposal team only consisted of one person and I'm going to guess there wasn't much left of him to send home, since Hewston was blown to bits and pieces as well.

Edit: But hey, if you want to believe otherwise that's okay... I mean, I myself am pretty much in denial about something in season 4 but at least I do recognize the fact that in canon my fave is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                                It will only suck (not in terms of the episode becuase it is a GREAT episode in itself, but impact wise) for those who know
                                Spoiler:
                                he comes back
                                and then watch Sunday for the first time. When I first saw Sunday I had no idea that Beckett
                                Spoiler:
                                was ever supposed to come back for S4,
                                so it was a good episode.
                                I don't agree. Using SG-1 as an example, even while knowing that Daniel Jackson
                                Spoiler:
                                returns to the series in Season 7,
                                I still find Meridian to be very moving and full of impact because it was a major turning point in his character's journey.

So should the events in Season 4 make it so that
                                Spoiler:
                                the real Carson Beckett is alive
                                ...it won't change what happened and the emotional impact of Sunday.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X