No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People bemoan the death of a character, some label it 'pointless'. "So sudden", said a friend of mine, shocked that the death was 'done that way'.

Let me tell you this. Death for many is an unplanned, unfair, and very sudden experience. That Carson's comrades were deprived of a last goodbye is reflective of reality, as many friends and family share the pain of not having been able to say a few last words. Death happens. It has a point (which I won't even bother going into here). Often times it is sudden. And for those of us left behind it hurts in different ways.

That's a realistic interpretation of the episode. From a producer's POV, I think that giving a character an on-screen death with a full service is the best way to go for an actor. Having them just 'go away' or worse pretend they don't exist anymore is an insult. I felt just as mad at the death of Dr Fraser, a personal favourite of mine, but by now I am over it, and respect death as a fact of life and here a plot device for drama.

Death, death, death... get used to it, it's the closing curtain to our mortal plays.
    sigpic

Comment

I've just yesterday watched this episode... I...I couldn't dry my eyes!!! It was the saddiest story in Atlantis. The last time I've cryed like that was when Daniel died. Eu eu eu!!! Carson, please come back!
      sigpic
      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

I...oh my God. I thought I'd just feel very, very sad. And then my eyes start spewing out salt water.

A magnificent episode with a horrible, heartwrenching ending that will forever be etched in my memory.

The other parts of the episode - the golf, the lunch, and the date - were great. It was really different from the "go to another world, end up in trouble, hightail back" episodes.
        ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

I saw it plenty of times and I still get sad. Paul was and is an excellent actor. I wish I could say the same for

Spoiler:
          KELLER

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            I saw it plenty of times and I still get sad. Paul was and is an excellent actor. I wish I could say the same for

Spoiler:
            KELLER
            Both actors have their strong points.

Frankly... I like the latter better simply because she is far more entertaining.

However, I wish we could have them both.
            Last edited by captain jake; 08 December 2007, 01:31 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
              Both actors have their strong points.

Frankly... I like the ladder better simply because she is far more entertaining.

However, I wish we could have them both.

She might have that effect on people. I simply do not perceive her that way. Seeing the way she acts makes me realise Carson impressed me more.

Comment

She might have that effect on people. I simply do not perceive her that way. Seeing the way she acts makes me realise Carson impressed me more.
                What do you mean by impressed?
                sigpic

Comment

What do you mean by impressed?
                  For starters his chemistry with Rodney, Sheppard, Zelenka, Ronon, and Weir. He had that interesting sense of humour, for me, he wasn't shallow like Keller. Halfway through S4 and Keller hasn't done anything yet to impress.

Comment

For starters his chemistry with Rodney, Sheppard, Zelenka, Ronon, and Weir. He had that interesting sense of humour, for me, he wasn't shallow like Keller. Halfway through S4 and Keller hasn't done anything yet to impress.
                    I disagree she has done a lot...

1st- She is really hot!

2nd- "Adrift - Keller works to try and save Dr. Weir's life, performing a radical procedure to alleviate pressure on her brain."

3rd- "Tabula Rasa - Keller must care for the entire population of Atlantis when they are striken by a virus that causes amnesia -- and she herself is not immune."

4th- "Jennifer joins Teyla on an off-world visit to New Athos. But when they find the village deserted, the two must flee from a tribe of brutal warriors, testing the mettle of the hometown girl from Wisconsin."

5th- "The Seer - Keller cares for Davos, a gifted prophet who is going to soon die."

Chemistry will take time, but it will come.
                    sigpic

Comment

I disagree she has done a lot...

1st- She is really hot!

2nd- "Adrift - Keller works to try and save Dr. Weir's life, performing a radical procedure to alleviate pressure on her brain."

3rd- "Tabula Rasa - Keller must care for the entire population of Atlantis when they are striken by a virus that causes amnesia -- and she herself is not immune."

4th- "Jennifer joins Teyla on an off-world visit to New Athos. But when they find the village deserted, the two must flee from a tribe of brutal warriors, testing the mettle of the hometown girl from Wisconsin."

5th- "The Seer - Keller cares for Davos, a gifted prophet who is going to soon die."

Chemistry will take time, but it will come.

She is so wrong for that part. A teenager in charge of the medical department. Your 1st argument is not the strongest. She is not that hot...

Comment

She is so wrong for that part. A teenager in charge of the medical department. Your 1st argument is not the strongest. She is not that hot...
                        She looks like she is in her late 20's early 30's and besides field work requires quick (Young) hands and feet.

She is pretty hot... better than Carson haha.
                        sigpic

Comment

She looks like she is in her late 20's early 30's and besides field work requires quick (Young) hands and feet.

She is pretty hot... better than Carson haha.

If you say so . Being hot, according to you , does not compensate for the fact that she can't act!

Comment

If you say so . Being hot, according to you , does not compensate for the fact that she can't act!
                            It's all about the eye candy, Byte. Who needs intelligent writing when there's shiny asplosions, sooper kewl tech, and hawt babes?

Stupid hormonal demographic profiling. Writers these days, haven't got two brain cells to rub together.
                            Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                            http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
                              It's all about the eye candy, Byte.?* Who needs intelligent writing when there's shiny asplosions, sooper kewl tech, and hawt babes?Stupid hormonal demographic profiling.?* Writers these days, haven't got two brain cells to rub together.
                              Whose to say Beckett wasn't eyecandy for the other gender
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Whose to say Beckett wasn't eyecandy for the other gender
                                Um .............. ya so anyways...

I did think the whole exploding tumors was an interesting theme. I mean I wonder if the body contains all of the materials required to create an explosion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X