Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
    Weir and her date had as much chemistry as two paper bags.
    I actually kind of thought that was the point. The guy was kind of cute and funny. But he didn't work for Weir. Sometimes a lack of chemistry can be important to characters, too.
    Emerald
    ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
    I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
      I actually kind of thought that was the point. The guy was kind of cute and funny. But he didn't work for Weir. Sometimes a lack of chemistry can be important to characters, too.

I thought weird and awkward was the point, and with that there can still be chemistry. JMO

sigpic
      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I thought weird and awkward was the point, and with that there can still be chemistry. JMO
        Well, you know. Different strokes and all that... I keep meaning to re-watch the episode, but I have a really hard time with it, what with the whole Carson dying and all. So I can't really remember much in the way of quotes...
        Emerald

Comment

Not true. Taken from the interview with Joe found at www.savecarson.com

Spoiler:

Q: Will it be “our” Carson Beckett or an alternate version?

A: Well, I don’t want to give too much away but I can say it won’t be an AU version of Carson - or a time-hopping Dr. Beckett either.
          Spoiler:
          Time-hopping and flashback aren't the same thing.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Spoiler:
            I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
            Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
              I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
              Yup, but in any case I'm just glad we will be hearing that lovely Scottish accent again.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yup, but in any case I'm just glad we will be hearing that lovely Scottish accent again.
                Yep. I'll take what I can get. You know... I just got a Tom Tom and paid for a "Scottish" voice. It sounds like Sean frickin' Connery! They need to hire Paul to do a Tom Tom voice. I'd love to get my directions from Carson.
                Emerald

Comment

Spoiler:

Very true but

Spoiler:

JM said the door would be open after his return for more. I guess I am hoping that means "back" back not flashbacks

But you are right, wait and see

sigpic
                  www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

So.. I've just watched Sunday (again). I question whether he is actually 'dead' as we know it. Whilst the episode was ending, the possibility that he may not actually be dead hit me.

He was talking to Rodney. Yes, I know many people would say that Rodney was talking to an imaginary Carson, but what if he wasn't? What if Carson is actually an alien entity, that took Human form to maybe learn about Humans, and interact with them.

At the end of the episode, Rodney says to Carson that he may seem him some other time (as the universe is a big place). For all we knew, the writers planned to bring him back anyway, just they've not told us yet.

The only scenario I can think of, is that Carson 'died' at least in Human form. His Human remains were sent back to Earth, and he 'appeared' to Rodney, to say Goodbye before he continued his travels. For all we know, he has previously told Rodney that he isn't actually Human, and Rodney isn't allowed to tell anyone.. Ok, so maybe I am just bumping ideas together here.

But, Stargate being Stargate, and seeing things that we have, would this not be remotely possible?
                    Last edited by Aerilon; 12 July 2007, 12:05 PM.
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I'm sorry, but...

IT'S CARSON lol. No Car"l"son. Just "Car", followed by "son".

Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The thread title is a spoiler for the syndicated viewers.

I like the idea that Carson may have always been an Ancient that had assumed a Human identity: Carson Beckett. However, if he had ascended, there wouldn't have been a body left behind. In the past, we've seen that you have to alive in order to ascend. Orlin was still alive when he reascended. Daniel Jackson was also alive when he ascended. He flatlined, meaning his heart had stopped, but brain death had yet to occur. I guess Oma DeSalla wanted to wait until there was no turning back before ascending DJ.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          IT'S CARSON lol. No Car"l"son. Just "Car", followed by "son".
                          Corrected, thank you.

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          The thread title is a spoiler for the syndicated viewers.
                          I would be shocked if there was a Stargate Atlantis fan that didn't know of Carson's death. It is all over the internet.

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          I like the idea that Carson may have always been an Ancient that had assumed a Human identity: Carson Beckett. However, if he had ascended, there wouldn't have been a body left behind.
                          Ahem, I never said anything about him being an Ancient now, did I? I said an alien entity.

What I am suggesting, is a new 'species' of alien, or 'entity'. Not an Ancient, not anyone who has Ascended. Just some other form of life.
                          sigpic
                          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

[QUOTE=Tycoon;6883354]
                            I would be shocked if there was a Stargate Atlantis fan that didn't know of Carson's death. It is all over the internet.
                            My sister is a fan, yet she didn't know he was going to die until she sat down to watch "Sunday." Not all fans want to read spoilers. It's unwise to assume Carson's demise is common knowledge.

Ahem, I never said anything about him being an Ancient now, did I? I said an alien entity.
                            Ancients fall under the category as do the Jaffa. If you're not from Earth, you're an alien. Species, however, is a separate issue.

What I am suggesting, is a new 'species' of alien, or 'entity'. Not an Ancient, not anyone who has Ascended. Just some other form of life.
                            Why? What's the point? Really, either reveal he was an Ancient posing as a Human or just leave him Human. Anything else is too forced and convenient.

Comment

[QUOTE=Daniel Jackson;6883677]
                              Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
                              My sister is a fan, yet she didn't know he was going to die until she sat down to watch "Sunday." Not all fans want to read spoilers. It's unwise to assume Carson's demise is common knowledge.

Ancients fall under the category as do the Jaffa. If you're not from Earth, you're an alien. Species, however, is a separate issue.

Why? What's the point? Really, either reveal he was an Ancient posing as a Human or just leave him Human. Anything else is too forced and convenient.
                              I think he meant, on the spiler, that since it has aired he doesn't need to do it... And he's right.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

No, according to the rules of this forum, anything that's not yet in syndication in the US counts as a spoiler. Ergo, the title is a spoiler.

I've reported it to a mod; they should change it soon, and everything will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X