No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode! I liked the character developments as they moved through earlier scenes leading up to the opening scene's explosion. Good tension as Carson deliberately and carefully worked to save the man. Although I knew what was going to happen to Carson, I was still shocked when it happened. Very touching memorial. McKay's and Beckett's parting words were sad and poignant. They were best friends after all.
    sigpic

Comment

i love the fact that there used the stargate dialing at the end as a salute by dialing slowly and the bagpipes playing very emotional.
      the othe thing that hit me as great was weir nearly crying during the speech
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

the worst was with Ronen and McKay, and ROdney and the ghost
        Originally posted by cowpants
        ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        Rosilin for pres

Comment

i was shocked when i was watching this episode.i did like the thing at the end. i was moved by it so i made twotribute wallpapers.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
          check out everything i've made so far

Comment

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! CARSON!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!! I'm still crying!!!

Why did Carson have to die????? I'm totally stunned. Atlantis won't be the same without him.
            Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 03 June 2007, 05:11 AM.
            sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Every time I see this one, his death still gets me. What a loss too. I really liked Carson. Very fitting tribute to him in the end though. And that ending scene with McKay, even made me almost cry.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Skate Zilla View Post
                $50 he acsended
                I'll take you up on that.

I'm depressed now.

And angry at exploding tumors.

1. They killed Carson.

2. It's about as legitimate as spontaneous combustion.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

I still say Sunday was a brilliant episode, no the tumour was stupid but the way and wherefore of his death was of a secondary concern to me.

This is my Third favourite episode of season 3. And the ending just made me cry like a baby.

I think it was the best McKay and Beckett moment I have seen in three seasons and for me it was worth the loss to end up with such a great moment and episode.

Comment

Lovely episode, lots of good character moments, lots and lots of good acting and some especially good bits of "canon fodder" for everyone to chew on.

Loved the bit between Ronan and Shepherd — two uber-alpha males — gingerly skirting the question of gender preference — "as in a woman?" "...or a man..." "No."

No false heroics for the good Dr. Beckett. Just a dedicated man cut down in the course of selflessly doing the job he is comitted to doing. Bitter, but not as bad as a cheesy over the top, sacrificial bit of OOC-ness.

Did anyelse think that the stalker dude, Mike whats-his-name, looked a whole like Noah Wiley? Like an older brother, with a beard, of the doctor Wiley played on ER for so many years? Hated the character, but the actor was yummy...

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
                      $50 he acsended
                      I'll take you up on that.

I'm depressed now.

And angry at exploding tumors.

1. They killed Carson.

2. It's about as legitimate as spontaneous combustion.
                      Thanks for the extra money, guys!
                      Joe Mallozzi definitely said that Carson did not ascend, although I believe he would have been noble enough to do so.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      I still say Sunday was a brilliant episode, no the tumour was stupid but the way and wherefore of his death was of a secondary concern to me.

This is my Third favourite episode of season 3. And the ending just made me cry like a baby.

I think it was the best McKay and Beckett moment I have seen in three seasons and for me it was worth the loss to end up with such a great moment and episode.
                      To quote Meatloaf:
                      "Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost!"

No matter how brilliant the ep or heroic the end of Carson might have been, I still can't get my head around the fact that TPTB unnecessarily killed off the most wonderful character they created when they launched SGA!
                      The kindness and compassion he added to the show as a character was very rare on TV in general. They really should have kept him as a regular.
                      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                        No matter how brilliant the ep or heroic the end of Carson might have been, I still can't get my head around the fact that TPTB unnecessarily killed off the most wonderful character they created when they launched SGA! The kindness and compassion he added to the show as a character was very rare on TV in general. They really should have kept him as a regular.
                        *shrugs* I guess I don't see it like that, but I don't want a fight about. I have made my opinions on this topic well known, I stand by them and I still say Sunday was a brilliant episode. And it wasn't just brilliant becasue of Carson's death and the reaction to it, it was well acted, had some wonderful comic moments and I am told even sweet 'relationship' moments. In many ways it had everything a normal SGA episode lacks in spades Martin Gero did a great job, as did the actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          *shrugs* I guess I don't see it like that, but I don't want a fight about. I have made my opinions on this topic well known, I stand by them and I still say Sunday was a brilliant episode. And it wasn't just brilliant becasue of Carson's death and the reaction to it, it was well acted, had some wonderful comic moments and I am told even sweet 'relationship' moments. In many ways it had everything a normal SGA episode lacks in spades Martin Gero did a great job, as did the actors.
                          No need to fight, Willow's Cat. Although we might not agree on this topic, I'm completely fine with your opinion. I won't bash or flame anyone because they don't share my view.
                          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                          sigpic

Comment

$50 he acsended
                            .:It has been stated multiple times that he did not Ascend.

.:EDIT: Ah, I see Twin already took care of that.
                            Last edited by Haliyah; 02 June 2007, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Vanilla View Post
                              "The fact is; Carson, the noble person he is, "got dumped on from a great height by a deadly flying beasty known as the 'ratings scapegoat'", and he paid the ultimate price for it."
                              Amen to that!!!!

I was pissed when the rumours started flying, disbelieving that after only ONE full season as a regular (promoted on the strength of Paul McGillion's excellent portrayal and his popularity) they would just turn around and dump him! I was LIVID when it turned out to be true especially seeing how upset and disappointed Paul was with the decision yet still handling it with class and nothing but kind words for TPTB. But to be honest, when I watched the episode my strongest feeling was disappointment. There were some bright spots but generally it was poorly written and conceived. Exploding Tumour? How dumb can they get? It was basically a rip off of 'Grey's Anatomy' (who did it a million times better despite the fact I couldn't give a rats bum about the characters!) and a cool old movie, 'Live Wire'. It was a shameless waste of a potentially great character.

Oh and just to update, apparently Gero has been quoted as saying it wasn't done for story reasons (he told people on the set tour during the Van con) and apparently recently said it wasn't done for ratings. Um...so just why the hell was it done????

For anyone else whose angry, join the fight over at www.savecarson.com

We're already managed to get Paul/Carson back for a big 2-part episode (Many thanks to Joe Mallozzi too!) and riased over $1 MILLION dollars worth of publicity in the process (National scottish press, National UK (The Times newspaper), CBC National Canadian tv, Radio, every major genre magazine etc).

BRING BACK CARSON!!!!

Comment

I liked the Katie/Rodney scenes, and I liked seeing Lorne the painter, but killing Carson just made me want to quit this show forever. That was a terrible decision!

Comment

Working...
                                X