X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
    Okay, to be straight out:

I DISLIKED this. Heavily.

I mean, I knew Carson would die before it aired, but it was in such a USELESS way, I just couldn't believe it. (Lone Gunmen on the X-Files, anyone?)

The first half of the episode felt like "SGA: The High School Years" for me, at least for the women? Elizabeth and that guy, supposedly "working" with her, even though we've never seen him before? Yeah, whatever.
    Rodney and Katie... also didn't interest me one bit. The only funny part about it was him falling over his own words when talking about marriage.

As for the "plot"... what on...? Explosive tumours? O rly? They explained that to us in like 2 minutes, then everyone just exploded. That mysterious radiation (which we didn't really get any info about) was just a very lame plot device, nothing more.
    Carson going back for that tumour was unnecessary and forced. He and the other doctor lady could've just LEFT THE ROOM and let the *protected* guys with the detonation container bag the thing. But no, we HAVE to let him die, don't we?

The ending scene was KITSCHY. I love the Rodney/Carson dynamic, it's (sorry, WAS) one of my favourite parts of the show, but that was just the uber-cliché, I could almost speak along. I cried in the end, but not because of the schmaltzy talking, but because I realized we've lost the best character ever to be on Atlantis.

This is so pitiful, offing a character like that. Yes, I am angry.

The dramatic effect you were pining for with this will NEVER EVER weigh up the lack of Carson through out the rest of the show.
    oh man i totally agree with you the way the lone gunmen died that was stupid you know they are still alive somewhere, that was totally planned out and i haven't seen sunday yet, but i sure hope he does not die senselessly , that would suck booty
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Why is it always the Scottish!

Comment

I will say it like this, Sunday is one of only 3 Stargate episodes I will never watch again, no matter what, Irresponsible, Irresistible and Sunday, the three worst episodes the writers have ever come up with.

There is no sense in Carsons death and the episode dosnt do his character justice, he is/was one of the best characters of Atlantis and they off him in a truely useless filler (in the worst meaning of the word).

If Stargate Atlantis continue to have episodes like Sunday, I feel it should be taken off the air ASAP as it is hurting the Stargate franchise overall. Everything was done poorly, I was bored out of my mind watching it, first time that has happened with Stargate for me.

Comment

*curls up in a corner and starts rocking back & forth* This is not happening...This is not happening...This is not happening...
          sigpic
          I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            You saw a window nearby did you?

The fact is; Carson, the noble person he is, risked his life to deliver the tumor to the pyrotechnist quicker so it reduced the chance it would've exploded near his nurse and patient, and he paid the ultimate price for it.

"The fact is; Carson, the noble person he is, "got dumped on from a great height by a deadly flying beasty known as the 'ratings scapegoat'", and he paid the ultimate price for it."

hehehe, sorry, couldn't resist!

Right up until the crappy premature demise of CB I was actually liking the informal 'day off' ep.

Gah.

(hope you don't mind PG15: will happily remove if my pilfering of your quote offends! )

Comment

It doesn't offend, although I do disagree with it vehemently.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                It doesn't offend, although I do disagree with it vehemently.
                hehe, I was feelin' a wee bit cheeky last night.

Am interested to see what the 'non-Gateworld' US viewers think of Sunday in a couple of weeks time.

Comment

OMG its on when saw carson i nearly cryed
                  Originally posted by cowpants
                  ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                  Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Rosilin for pres

Comment

heheheh baby sitting ferns
                    ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Rosilin for pres

Comment

i'm going to cry again
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo
                        im crying now
                        so sad

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                          OMG its on when saw carson i nearly cryed
                          I can't believe that it happened...not carson!
                          Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

i need a tissue, im so sad man, itl never be the same

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Rosilin for pres

Comment

$50 he acsended
                              Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

I never ever cried this hard in my entire life after watching this episode. It is already a must episode to watch. It really doesn't take the Stargate to be Stargate to have a good episode.

My eyes are still teary after writing this post. This tells me that Beckett's one of the most loved characters in SciFi history. I feel ashamed to cry so hard to a TV show, but damn Atlantis is on its way to the good years like SG-1 did back in the days.

Simply well made episode.

-WJS

Comment

Working...
                                X