No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it very sad about the Doc going out like that, and it was a total shock he was a great guy, so that said I was always brought up to believe the good guys lived in the end. Hope they find a way to bring him back it won't be the same without him.

Comment

well i've not been so disappointed by an episode for a long time. I was looking forward to this episode, not knowing that it was Carson's death episode. I simply cannot believe why they keep getting rid of some of the most interesting characters in the series or SG1 for that matter. It simply wasn't necessary to kill Carson off, so I just hope he got to ascend, though i simply dont' think so. And reducing Weir's involvement is another negative step.
      Am I the only person who simply doesn't get the characters of Teyla and Ronin? I don't dislike them but neither of them seems to add any real interest to the story, whereas Carson and Weir are to me, both interesting characters and strong personalities. All Ronin and Teyla ever do is to look a bit mean and fight well with sticks........
      For me the only reasons to continue watching are Rodney and the hope that Carter's arrival in the Atlantis universe will be interesting. HOwever i don't put it past the producers to kill either of them off and introduce a couple of new people who fight with sticks instead! I hope i'm wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Vanilla View Post
        It would have made infinitely more sense to do it in that order. And as Night Spring said, they could have then had Beckett in 'Vengeance'.

That could have opened up that dwindling plot into something really significant... and then they could have kept Beckett alive for a really great arc, realising that he's really rather grand after all!

Yes, Lt. Colonel... your reasoning works for me.
        agreed but if they wanted to kill him off then why not in vengence, it was his arc after all and would have had real significance for s4

also any other scots who got choked up when the bagpipes started

Comment

I cried my eyes out!
          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
          The Strongest Will Survive!
          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
            *meekly raises hand* In a manly way though.

Knowing it was going to happen at the end of the episode just made that first 30mins horrible to watch! One of the most genuine characters in TV being knocked back left, right and centre and then dying. Come on. That's just awful. Still, he kept upbeat and then went back to work. The guy's a legend.

Still, it was an enjoyable episode and, as Celsius said on the previous page, highlighted just how random death is. I completely understand why TPTB did it and all i hope is that he's mentioned in the development in Rodney, or another character, in the future.

Long live Carson!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Despite avoiding all the spoilers and all the other save carson threads I was still aware of what was going to happen to him this season and what ep is was going to be in. Sigh

However I hadn't noticed what ep was being broadcasted last night when I taped it. So when I watched it this morning while getting ready for work it hadn't occured to me which one it was until nearly the end, when he's operating on the stupid scientist guy.

All I can say is Nooooooo!

It was a good episode, I thought everyone was relatively in character, loved Carson desperate to go fishing, made me think of O'Neill. And glad to see another Scot who can't stand Golf!

Rodney was great, loved the stuff with his girlfriend, can't for the life of me remember her name, and I liked the Elizabeth/Hot Guy stuff.

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
              I had a lump in my thoat during the eulogy but when the bagpipes started, that was it, make up had to be re-done.

Poor Carson, I hate that this was done to him.
              Clark'sGirl

Comment

Originally posted by Clark'sGirl View Post
                I had a lump in my thoat during the eulogy but when the bagpipes started, that was it, make up had to be re-done.

Poor Carson, I hate that this was done to him.
                I hope you don't have to be Scottish for that! That's where I lost it too. I was really proud of myself for not crying, then the bagpipes started and that was it - no hope of staying dry-eyed.
                sigpic
                My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

I think its an absolutely bloody travesty they killed him off. If anyone wants to know why (well as close to why as we've got right now) http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com has posted snippets from Paul McGillion's EXCLUSIVE interview with Starburst magazine. Apparently TPTB were worried because SG1 got cancelled and decide they MIGHT need to 'shake things up a bit'....simple as that. Its a really heartbreaking interview, you can tell he was totally gutted as to WHY they would do this. Shameless shock tastic in a below par ep merely written (as we speculated) to bump off the character.

And yes, while I didn't like the Eulogy (as they had poor Torri/Elizbath feeding us the partyline 'People die') the bagpipes, John and Rodney's faces really choked me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                    I think its an absolutely bloody travesty they killed him off. If anyone wants to know why (well as close to why as we've got right now) http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com has posted snippets from Paul McGillion's EXCLUSIVE interview with Starburst magazine. Apparently TPTB were worried because SG1 got cancelled and decide they MIGHT need to 'shake things up a bit'....simple as that. Its a really heartbreaking interview, you can tell he was totally gutted as to WHY they would do this. Shameless shock tastic in a below par ep merely written (as we speculated) to bump off the character.
                    I know, I've read some snippets here and there from PM, and it's so sad.

And yes, while I didn't like the Eulogy (as they had poor Torri/Elizbath feeding us the partyline 'People die') the bagpipes, John and Rodney's faces really choked me up!!!

Didn't they act that brilliantly! Kudos to DH and JF, they did a marvellous job with it.
                    sigpic
                    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

That was heartbreaking...JF & DH did such a good job with that, Rachel & David N too. If the Scottish flag on the coffin hadn't started me crying, their faces would have

Comment

I thought it was a fantastic episode, without the killing of Beckett. I love these character episodes, and I loved the moments between all the characters. But in the end, think of all the things that have happened because of Carson. All the retrovirus stuff. I'm sure he's broken that oath in some way with the stuff he's experimented on. Somehow, they would have had to have dealt with that and killing him off was a shortcut.

Anyway, I was a lil' emotional during the eulogy scene. I really felt for Rodney.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
                          I so hope he ascended.
                          Don't want to crush your hope (or mine for that matter) but there was a body (Rodney mentioned the body) and ascension doesn't leave a body behind.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Don't want to crush your hope (or mine for that matter) but there was a body (Rodney mentioned the body) and ascension doesn't leave a body behind.

True. Worst episode ever!

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

That makes no sense as by the time SG1 got cancelled, Sunday had already been written and filmed

Comment

Wheren't they considering not even airing this at one point?
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X