Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
    You don't take them out of anywhere if they're embeded like that. Unless it's a splinter.

You're so right, that wrap was just what they were supposed to do, just like they did with Ronon in Condemned and Rodney in Sateda.
    The bandaging technique is called a "log cabin," by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
      Coming Soon:
      Spoiler:
      "HI MY NAME IS KAYWINNET LEE FRYE I'M YORE NEW DOCTAR"
      Ah, yes. The old Stargate "reuse old actors" gag. They did it with Ernest/Carson, Narim/Simon, and now Elia/Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by buzlighty1 View Post
        Bye Bye Beckett, But isn't this episode 17 instead of 14?
        Yeah it episode 17 i believe but for some reason they keep calling it episode 14. Doesn't bother me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAngel34994 View Post
          Yeah it episode 17 i believe but for some reason they keep calling it episode 14. Doesn't bother me anymore.
          The different numbers are the production numbers vs the airing numbers. Which I think means that Paul was still filming shows after Carson died because Carson was in The Ark, which aired before Sunday but has a higher production number.

Another thing I noticed on rewatching the episode. After the scene in John's room and the explosion that sends John and Ronon running out the room, when they run up to Carson to ask what's going on, the person that's being carted away on a stretcher is Dr. Watson. John glances down at him.

And I saw in the credits that it's Dr Hewston, not Houston.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
            The bandaging technique is called a "log cabin," by the way...
            Thank you. You can see how much I pay attention when my mother speaks.

---

When I originally heard about this ep, there was this thought in the back of my mind that I wouldn't be able to watch it again. Just the once, then bury it deep.

That's not going to be the case.

I keep wanting to go back to the little things, the connections. My fav was Ronon talking about his girlfriend's death and then dropping by to see McKay in Carson's room, packing things away. He was definitely the guy to do that.

Good humor, too. Loved Rodney not knowing what day it was. Loved that Carson looked good even in what was supposed to pass for a fishing vest, I guess. Very much loved that Teyla gives stick lessons to people other than John and Ronon and that she used mission reports as an excuse to beg off golf. *rotfl*

Katie's ferns were cute. They kind of reminded me of Shep's hair.

So I'm sure I'll cry the next time I see the end, too (darn you, PM, for always making me sniffle! *hugs Carson*), but I am going to watch it again. And again, and again....

P.S. Throwing my hat into a dangerous ring: I think Shep's marriage broke up due to his inability to talk about his feelings, ever, with anyone. Not infidelity. Besides, now it's official: Elizabeth's kissed/been kissed by as many people on screen than he has, if you count the Janus peck.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              But at the same point, it would have been a better use of resources and energy to send all of them through to earth at once. Also, they're like an extended family...mourning and remembering them as a group would not have taken away from individual events to honor them.
              Well, whose to say the other coffins weren't off to the side waiting to be borne by other pallbearers? We just didn't see that.

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
              I keep wanting to go back to the little things, the connections. My fav was Ronon talking about his girlfriend's death and then dropping by to see McKay in Carson's room, packing things away. He was definitely the guy to do that.
              Reminded me of Rodney and Ronon's scene together in Tao.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                The episode order was orrignally production order. Sunday was ment to air after the Ark before submersion.
                Thanks.

Comment

It has to be said: silly technology aside, this is one of the best episodes of Atlantis, perhaps even Stargate, ever. Truly poignant.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    I suspect all the bodies got sent through the gate, but we just got to see Carson's memorial.
                    But that's even worse! They booted up the gate, sent bodies through, shut it down, booted it up again and repeated the process. One can only imagine how much ZPM power one needs to do that!

As for John being the person Teyla was talking about: Teyla can't have an open relationship with John for several resons; for one, they're on the same team. So unless you want them to have a covert relationship or for either to step down and leave the team, her telling someone else about it (and them urging her to tell him) would be a very bad idea and against all kinds of regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neill is funny View Post
                      Thanks.
                      Your Welcome.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        But that's even worse! They booted up the gate, sent bodies through, shut it down, booted it up again and repeated the process. One can only imagine how much ZPM power one needs to do that!

As for John being the person Teyla was talking about: Teyla can't have an open relationship with John for several resons; for one, they're on the same team. So unless you want them to have a covert relationship or for either to step down and leave the team, her telling someone else about it (and them urging her to tell him) would be a very bad idea and against all kinds of regulations.
                        Well actually there are many views on that. 1. Teyla is not ilitary so not all the same rules apply. True it wouldnt be "proper" but I've seen it with civi's and military personnel. It's not really against regs since she isnt technically under his command.

Comment

I'm glad they let him go with dignity.

Sorry to play Devil's advocate, but if that bomb disposal guy died (probaby did, it was point blank, armour or no armour), then by deciding to operate he caused the death of 2 people when only one would have died otherwise. The writers really shouldn't have let that slide. Kinda ruins it.
                          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9 View Post
                            I'm glad they let him go with dignity.

Sorry to play Devil's advocate, but if that bomb disposal guy died (probaby did, it was point blank, armour or no armour), then by deciding to operate he caused the death of 2 people when only one would have died otherwise. The writers really shouldn't have let that slide. Kinda ruins it.
                            Yeah but he had good intentions. he risked his life to save another that is a honorable trait IMO. The bomb disposal guy knew the risk. Comes with the territory.

Comment

this epesode is rubish I hate it they not oly took there time puting it out but it like all mixed up

IE refeering to this suppose to be ep14 but carson makes apperence in ep15 helping mekay out when hi brains near exsplode of all the advancments

second epesode he apears in is the most resont one is ep17 the new one as he helps taylorand her guest out after inmjerys on the space moon injery.

i've only just maneged to see this epesode im unsure if it just only came out or that its been out a few weeks but makes no sence at all seen as a man to be dead is out ali and helping people I think this epesode is a fantisey one and is not true and all a dream just like the one in SG1 608 THE OTHER GUYS
                              & 709 AVENGER 2.0 I hope so as that will make sence pluss carson cant die he needs to find a drug that the rath cant fead on humans and also how to deliver a better weapon to trancform the rath from them to humans and keeping them that way.

I hope if this epesode is real that hes asended and not dead but they did state his body and telling his parents which would be so hard to exsplain sorry madam your son is dead but he ant if you get me just dont make sence at all.

on anther note I read some place that Dr beckett will be makeing a less aperence in other epesodes but will not be around a lot and if i remember correctly this happened when daniel asened and why would'nt carson asend hes truth of spirit kind at hart and a very intelegent man.

regards Antony
                              voting for it to be a non true story or asended carson to come back with more nolege of time and space to fight the rath and we need him in the fight againsted the replecators.

Comment

I have to say that I really liked this episode. I loved all the little character bits, especially the rather hilarious scenes with Ronon and Sheppard. It was a lot of fun to watch them all interact with each other during their downtime. It's always nice to find out that the team also likes to hang out together even when they're not off on a mission.

The only downside to this episode was of course Carson dying. He wasn't my favorite character (that would be Sheppard! ), but I did like him, and I really didn't want him to die. He brought a lot of humor to the show, and like many have said, he was kind of the heart of Atlantis (along with Teyla).

I cried at the end during Beckett's send-off. It was incredibly sad but moving, especially when Sheppard and McKay exchange a glance right before they step through the gate with Carson's coffin. I'm thinking Rodney's not the only one feeling guilty...

One tiny little gripe- well, two actually, is the scene with McKay sorting through Carson's things and Ronon coming in to check on him. IMO it should've been Sheppard instead of Ronon. I understand that a bond needs to be created between Rodney and Ronon, but in this case, I think it would've been more fitting if Sheppard had come in to ask McKay if he was okay and if he needed any help.

Which leads me to my second tiny gripe: at the end, when McKay says, "You were the closest thing to a best friend I've ever had", that just didn't seem right to me. True, Rodney and Carson would probably have more in common than Rodney and Sheppard, but Rodney and Sheppard have been through so much together and they've saved each other's lives countless times. Also, the scenes in previous episodes of the team hanging out together in their down-time, have never shown Carson. It was always Sheppard, McKay, Teyla and Ronon. It just seems to me that Sheppard would be more of a best friend to Rodney than Beckett.

Anyway, this was a great episode, and I hope there'll be many more episodes with good character moments like we got in this ep! Although minus the death of a beloved character, please

xTristen

Thanks to the lovely Pegasus SGA for the awesome sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X