No announcement yet.

Echoes (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'd missed Teyla having a decent-sized role...it was very nice to see her character being USED.
    sigpic

Comment

Rory - don't forget Cadman, too! I want her back...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
        Rory - don't forget Cadman, too! I want her back...
        *headdesk* Cadman! I want to see her again too!
        sigpic

Comment

Four words for Carl Binder: Will you marry me?
          ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by A.L. View Post
            This is what makes a faboo epi.
            What? The fact that everything can be interpreted as ship if you choose to se it that way?

Sorry - That seemed to be the main gist of your post.. "to heck with the plot, look at all the ship!!"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              What? The fact that everything can be interpreted as ship if you choose to se it that way?

Sorry - That seemed to be the main gist of your post.. "to heck with the plot, look at all the ship!!"
              Just when the shippers thought it was safe to venture back into the episode threads. Ali, I know you don't intend to be insulting because you seem like a really nice person, but shippers have the right to express their opinion just like the tech lovers who talk about technical aspects of the show. The episode was enjoyable in a huge way to the Ronon/Teyla and John/Elizabeth shippers. Can we let them get their opinion out to TPTB without ridicule?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode!
                The plot had a couple of holes, but I can overlook those because it was a very entertaining episode!
                I loved the Daedalus deflecting the solar flare!!! That was so cool!
                I loved seeing the whale thingy's eye up close to the window of the PJ.
                I adored all the Sheppard/McKay scenes. They are the strongest two performers on the show for me, and to see them on such fine form was amazing! This episode seems to finally show that the writers have finally grasped how important the Sheppard and McKay interaction is to the show.
                Of course, the whumper in me loved the infirmary scenes, and the shouting due to the deafness was hilarious! Celine Dion not that good? LOL!!!
                I liked seeing more of Teyla here, and thought Ronon's distress at her illness was really sweet. I have to admit that I didn't enjoy watching Teyla and Ronon stick fight as much as I do Sheppard and Teyla, it seemed a quite brutal fight! Nice to see Teyla holding her own though. I just love seeing Shep getting his ass well and truly kicked!!! Obviously the whumper in me again...
                The one thing that did bug me was the medical issues about perforated ear drums. They just don't heal that quickly! Also, why did Sheppard and McKay seem not to suffer any more symptoms once they were back on Atlantis? Everyone else was getting worse, and they weren't. That didn't make sense to me. Still, I can ignore that, because I was delivered a wonderfully entertaining episode, and that's what it's all about for me!
                Last edited by Linzi; 01 December 2006, 01:17 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Memoirs of my wishlist for season 3:

More team interaction - check.
                  More Rodney/John banter and snark - check.
                  More exploring the city - check.
                  Cool special effects - check.

Loved this ep! I loved seeing everyone involved and getting quality time. Shep and McKay were fantastic - I love all the Shep expressions throughout the ep. I also loved the great mix of action and humour - they really got that right, IMO.
                  sigpic
                  My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                    IThe one thing that did bug me was the medical issues about perforated ear drums. They just don't heal that quickly! Also, why did Sheppard and McKay seem not to suffer any more symptoms once they were back on Atlantis? Everyone else was getting worse, and they weren't. That didn't make sense to me. Still, I can ignore that, because I was delivered a wonderfully entertaining episode, and that's what it's all about for me!
                    Ah, the medical aspects on this show are.... substandard, at times I guess (hazarding a wildly unmedical guess) that once you perforate your eardrums, everything is hunky-dory with the headaches. Totallly hypothetical medical.

Reminder: Sparky = Shep/Weir paring, Spanky = Ronon/Teyla paring

Actually, it's pairing, with an i. If you pare 'em without an 'i', it's "To remove by or as if by cutting, clipping, or shaving" and I think now we're treading into the world of hurt/comfort (aka whump).

And although I can speculate on Shep and Weir, AND Shep and Teyla, I can no longer even entertain Ronon and Teyla after Jason Momoa made a face at the suggestion (at a recent con) as he saw them as siblings, not romantic.

Still can't figure out the history of those terms though...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Just when the shippers thought it was safe to venture back into the episode threads. Ali, I know you don't intend to be insulting because you seem like a really nice person, but shippers have the right to express their opinion just like the tech lovers who talk about technical aspects of the show. The episode was enjoyable in a huge way to the Ronon/Teyla and John/Elizabeth shippers. Can we let them get their opinion out to TPTB without ridicule?
                      Please don't accuse me of insulting and ridiculing people when I have done no such thing.

I made a bit of a joke because it made me laugh that 95% of that post was squeeing over shippery interpretations of the ep. I never said anyone is not entitled to express their opinion - but you should also be aware that everyone else's opinion is valid too and where you see ship others may see just friendship - and I am equally as entitled to express my opinion that, much as I loved the episode and adored the character interactions, it wasn't all about ship for me.

You seem to have something of a chip on your shoulder about being attacked for posting shippy opinions - I'm sorry you feel that way and that people have obviously attacked you in the past to make you feel that way but please don't tar me with the same brush just because I don't see the ep through shippy glasses.

I've always gotten on well with you in the past and would hate to fall out with you over something as silly as this.
                      sigpic

Comment

Please don't accuse me of insulting and ridiculing people when I have done no such thing.

I made a bit of a joke because it made me laugh that 95% of that post was squeeing over shippery interpretations of the ep. I never said anyone is not entitled to express their opinion - but you should also be aware that everyone else's opinion is valid too and where you see ship others may see just friendship - and I am equally as entitled to express my opinion that, much as I loved the episode and adored the character interactions, it wasn't all about ship for me.
                        I too felt your original post was overly snarky towards shippers, as if only the tech aspects of the episode were worth discussing, but I also understand that frequently humor doesn't come across the same in writing.

The reason so many shippers have come out to praise this episode is because TPTB have written "ship" so badly in the past, and this time they actually put together a very good story that incorporated not one, but TWO ship aspects, and both were done very well, in addition to integrating all the main and recurring characters. Big thumbs up all the way around.

I just hope TPTB can continue this trend without jerking around both shippers, and non-shippers like they have in the past. That has been the biggest complaint I have had about SGA from the beginning.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Sparky = Shep/Weir pairing, Spanky = Ronon/Teyla pairing

Still can't figure out the history of those terms though...
                          Sparky came from a conversation on one of the Sheppard/Weir Yahoo groups where alternative nicknames for the 'ship like the one that really makes me cringe were joked about and suggested. It gradually got latched onto by other 'shippers, and now it's pretty much tongue-in-cheek cuteness from most of us, least that's how I and a lot of other J/E 'shippers I know use it.

Spanky came from that scene in "The Lost Boys" where Ronon steals Teyla's food while they're hyped up on the enzyme and they start fighting with big grins on their faces.

Also, Ali, yes, what you said came across in an insulting fashion, so I'd be more careful in your phrasing if I were you. -- and you don't need to say "well you're not", either.

Comment

You seem to have something of a chip on your shoulder about being attacked for posting shippy opinions - I'm sorry you feel that way and that people have obviously attacked you in the past to make you feel that way but please don't tar me with the same brush just because I don't see the ep through shippy glasses.

I've always gotten on well with you in the past and would hate to fall out with you over something as silly as this.
                            To be fair I can see where SR was coming from, as a shipper myself I've often felt apprehensive about even muttering the word 'ship' on the episode threads, or to mention if I liked any sort of interactions between any F/M characters. However as a fan of Mc/Shep I've never felt like this. I know if I talk about any sort of bond I might feel from any of my het pairings on an episode some people might feel uncomfortable.
                            But with Sheppard and McKay I know that I can come here and talk about how cute I thought they were, and how much I loved their scenes together, and how much I love my boys, without fearing any sort of backlash.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              I too felt your original post was overly snarky towards shippers, as if only the tech aspects of the episode were worth discussing, but I also understand that frequently humor doesn't come across the same in writing.

The reason so many shippers have come out to praise this episode is because TPTB have written "ship" so badly in the past, and this time they actually put together a very good story that incorporated not one, but TWO ship aspects, and both were done very well, in addition to integrating all the main and recurring characters. Big thumbs up all the way around.

I just hope TPTB can continue this trend without jerking around both shippers, and non-shippers like they have in the past. That has been the biggest complaint I have had about SGA from the beginning.
                              Don't really want to get into the whole shipping debate here as its not the place but to say that ship has been written badly in the past in just a matter of opinion or even if there was any "ship" at all, because it is all down to personal interpretation.

Some see ship, some don't, and whats "bad" to some is "great" to others.

On to the ep - this is certaintly one of my favourite eps of the season so far. It had a wonderful combination of friendship, humour and a bit of angst. Loved how everyone got to do something and it was wonderful to see Teyla get a good role. Loved her interaction with Ronan and how those two tease and make fun of each other. A nice caring bond has developed between them.

John and Rodney had to be the highlight of this ep though - I don't like the snark to be overdone but Carl Binder did it to perfection here IMO. The infirmary scene was hilarious and I enjoyed their banter throughout the entire ep. Loved Sheps concern over Rodney in the jumper and Teyla in the infirmary. This shows again how close he has become to his team and how he considers them his family. His look of determination to find a solution to the threat was clearly shown on his face when he saw how ill Teyla had become. I loved the fact that is was John who came up with the plan as it it usually Rodney.

All in all a great ep - my only little nitpick which has been already mentioned is that John and Rodney would never have recovered as quickly as they did from perforated eardrums.

But I'm willing to overlook this because I enjoyed the ep so much.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                His look of determination to find a solution to the threat was clearly shown on his face when he saw how ill Teyla had become.
                                At first I squeed because I thought seeing Elizabeth getting sick had prompted him to go and do something, but then a fellow shipmate reminded me of the dead guy (sometimes squeeage might keep you from seeing the bigger picture), so upon further examination I thought it was seeing someone actually dying from the ailment what caused Sheppard to put his plan into action, but that's off course IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X