The Return, Part 1 (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Is Ford dead?

Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way but I didn't think Ford had been killed. I ask because it bothered me that they left there without a mention of Ford and I thought we didn't leave our people behind.

I'm just sayin'....
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Very enjoyable episode...I thought it was great!

Loved the different emotions it brought out all the way through. There were laugh out loud moments...'Awww, are they really going to have to leave and split up?' moments and....'Go Team' moments!! All well acted out by everybody involved!

Now we have the wait for part 2....and I'm really gonna worry about Carson's turtles!!

Comment

After watching the episode again, there are quite a few things that the episode makes me look forward to in part 2:

a) How their defiance of orders will be dealt with. I'm guessing O'Neill will cut them all some slack as he and his team have done what Sheppard did before. Serpents Lair, for example. I'm sort of wondering if Landry's reaction will put this bit of tension between the expedition and earth. I hope it turns out that way.

b) Ancients surviving. Either the spoilers were totally wrong, or it's in part two--and even Malozzi said it himself. "Today, we had a preliminary discussion on the Atlantis mid-season two-parter which promises some exploration". I saw no exploration, except for a pedestal popping out in front of the gate. Maybe it's in the second part? Was the exploration referring to the Daedalus exploring space? Who knows. I'll hope that a few of the ancients survived (though they probably didn't) and that there's this little struggle between who the city actually belongs to.

c) I really hope the episode is bigger than "Kill all the replicators and rescue O'Neill and Woolsey." It needs to be bigger in proportion than that, IMO. However I'm sure whatever way it plays out it will be one great episode!

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
          I don't get why people are worried about Carson now. Paul's said to be in 17 of the 20 episodes this season.
          Because season 3 is nearly done (filming the last ones now). And TPTB at stargate are NOTORIOUS for killing off character (hmm, Daniel - well the actor wanted to leave, but they didn't have to kill the character ; Janet - the actor did NOT want to leave).

Killing off one character simply to replace them the same kind of character is pretty lame. ALthough maybe Skiffy wants to bring in FIREFLY fans. God knows, Scifi's mentality is skewed (can we saw ECW?)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            Although maybe Skiffy wants to bring in FIREFLY fans. God knows, Scifi's mentality is skewed (can we saw ECW?)
            Maybe we should be grateful we're getting (or may be getting) someone from Firefly instead of someone from ECW.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              great episode!! my only question for the moment is what happened to dr weirs house? she had one in real world...
              That was in DC, and I think it was her mother's house.

She had a place in Colorado Springs, we assume, in this epsiode becuase she wanted to be near the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Maybe we should be grateful we're getting (or may be getting) someone from Firefly instead of someone from ECW.
                Oh man, I need a dead trout to smack you! Don't suggest that! They're stupid enough to think Oh wait, let's make the next groupof aliens big muscle bound stupid guys! Shudder.....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  Because season 3 is nearly done (filming the last ones now). And TPTB at stargate are NOTORIOUS for killing off character (hmm, Daniel - well the actor wanted to leave, but they didn't have to kill the character ; Janet - the actor did NOT want to leave).

Killing off one character simply to replace them the same kind of character is pretty lame. ALthough maybe Skiffy wants to bring in FIREFLY fans. God knows, Scifi's mentality is skewed (can we saw ECW?)
                  Killing off Carson Beckett would probably be one of the most boneheaded moves the writers could possibly make on either show in the past ten years. I have always enjoyed both shows even when the writers did some questionable things, but if Beckett's gone from Atlantis I'm not sure I'd be able to bear it.

Off course, it's only a speculated possibility based on rumors, so... No need to jump to conclusions.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    Also could the Ancients be any more bland (Although it was nice to see the Destroyer of worlds again).
                    Bland? Aside from Helia we didn't hear any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                      What I find amusing is how Lee bought Weir's story that she was a WoW fanatic. The lady had been in an entirely different galaxy for three years, Lee. How in the world is she supposed to log on?
                      And he said that he was level 75, which is impossible, and he accepted it when Weir said her Race was Mage, which is a Class. Race is like Human, Troll, Night Elf etc.

Comment

I loved this episode.

It was very intresting to watch the team being "evicted" from the city and their reactions to it. What would their lives be like? Atlantis was the best thing to happen to each of them...Weir, Sheppard, McKay, Carson, Teyla and Ronon. It is their home and they are family.

I love the way the goodbyes were handled. Loved that Teyla and Ronon were not excluded from the episode after they were in the Athosian settlement. Loved that we got to see their sitution and the affect the eviction and loss of the ones from Earth affected them. Great that they actually brought Ladon in to have the discussion with them. Atlantis was their hope for fighting the wraith and it actually looked promising for them for the first time in their lives. They were fighting a battle they truely believed they had a chance at winning this time. Now, with the eviction, and the attitude of the ancients, that rug was pulled completey out from under their feet. I'm glad that we got to see their reactions.

Loved seeing Shep commanding an SG team, and not really liking his team because it was not really his team and they honestly did not seem nearly as great as what he had before. To me, it's seems clear that he does not appreciate military authority at all....or at the very least is extremely uncomfortable around it. I think he carriers over what they must have done with him after his black mark. He doesn't seem trusting of them at all. All of his conversations with Landry, and even with Jack, seemed to be rather short and forced. It was like he was stepping completely into military persona and keeping it to the "Yes Sir, No Sir, Sir". I think he gets along great with those that have put faith in him such as Weir and even Caldwell. He smarts off to him and they do have their little tiffs, however, I think Caldwell recognizes his ability and Shep knows that. However, I do want to be clear that it's only my perception, that might not be the way it actually is.

Loved Carson and the turtle comments. Loved that he stopped by to see Weir and would not take no for an answer for dinner with the gang. Loved the impact the situation had on Weir. Quite honestly, I don't see anything coming even remotely close to comparing with what she had on Atlantis. I can understand her withdrawl and depression.

Loved that as a team, they disobeyed orders and were on their way back to recapture their home.

I think the back part of this season so far has been great and I'm looking forward to the continuation...although it is over 6 freaking months away...what the h*** is that.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          I didn't hear it mentioned. Magic, I guess. But the Replicators had the ability to manufacture ZPMs.

I liked the gate system, and I didn't think I would. What I didn't like was Sheppard's attitude at SGC and with his new team. Landry should have put him in his place, and at least make him get a shave and a hair cut.

The Ancients MUST have had a working ZPM to connect with the Earth gate cause Shep et all went through the gate to earth, if they were going through to the midpoint they would have been spaced.

Originally posted by Sela
                          Question: Is Ford dead?

Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way but I didn't think Ford had been killed. I ask because it bothered me that they left there without a mention of Ford and I thought we didn't leave our people behind.

I'm just sayin'....
                          They don't know if he's dead or not. The hive ship blew up and he was probably on it, but they don't know for sure. They didn't intend to leave the Pegasus Galaxy forever, it's not like he couldn't show up one day on Atlantis and say "hey, let me use your gate to dial home okay?"

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                          And he said that he was level 75, which is impossible, and he accepted it when Weir said her Race was Mage, which is a Class. Race is like Human, Troll, Night Elf etc.
                          I think probably his only thought was that she was a hot chick who was talking too him... he probably wasn't thinking too clearly. And I don't know anything about WoW, so I believed the 75... and who's to say that top secret government scientist types don't have the inns on beta beta packs or codes that let them go higher than L70?
                          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

This was a really awesome episode. My only complaint would be all of the things that we didn't get to see. We didn't get a look at the ancient warship, the replicator ship, or any of the attack on the city. I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was to save money for an amazing 2nd part that will blow our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                              The Ancients MUST have had a working ZPM to connect with the Earth gate cause Shep et all went through the gate to earth, if they were going through to the midpoint they would have been spaced.
                              Shep said something about how the Ancients had a ZPM and that most of the expedition would be leaving through the gate directly back to Earth.

As for Lee, I still say he was puffing himself up and trying to make himself seem more important/bigger/better/more skilled/whatever than he actually was in regards to WoW. Gotta impress the hot chick.

Comment

The ancients had a working ZPM, and Dr. Lee was definitely more focused on Dr. Weir than the conversation. Does it look like TH has seriously thinned out to anyone?
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X