Common Ground (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another Great ep - 'There are more about the Wraith than you know...'

I sort of predicted that Shepherd would get his life back at the end by the Wraith, but it may've been more hope, lol.
    I'm not a big fan of the Genii, but I thought this ep was surprisingly good. AND I wanna see that immensely cool wraith again - He was awesome.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Oh man, loved the episode all the way!!! How about naming that wraith Charlie!?

Hey, did anyone record the end credits of the episode "Misbegotten"?
      If so, were there film extras (actors) listed in the end credits of the episode? (list the actors if there were any listed)

Comment

Ooooh, the convergence themes are getting exciting - now I'm really starting to enjoy the complexity and at last a 'semi-good' wraith... about time, all thru SG1 there was this some good, some bad and some just plain stoopid (or arrogant), and I'm pleased it's emerging in Atlantis too - this, with the Asurans being bot-based looks like we're headed for an amazing standoff at some point - wonder if the replicators the Asgard have been fighting have replicated them yet?? Love the much more dimensional wraith .... (find the Ori really boring tho!) That's my bit... really good show, and unexpected but very welcomed character development

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh
          ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
          That good, huh?

Oh well, there's another in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by roseblue
            Oh man, loved the episode all the way!!! How about naming that wraith Charlie!?

Hey, did anyone record the end credits of the episode "Misbegotten"?
            If so, were there film extras (actors) listed in the end credits of the episode? (list the actors if there were any listed)
            I like the idea of naming the Wraith Charlie though when I hear that name I think of a dog (no affence to anyone)

Sorry, I didn't record the credits...I never actually pay attention to the credits cuz I'm watching the next weeks new episode while they role on the bottom of the screen.

Comment

I just now made the connection as to who played the nameless wraith in Common Ground. I should have recognized that voice. I've been a fan of Christopher Heyedahl for some time now.

I do love a good character actor, someone who's got no problem putting on a scary wig and a fake nose or two and still managing to come across with the goods and delivering a fine piece of acting.

Everyone did really good job on this epsiode. Love the inner work that Joe Flannigan did, projecting all that pain and horror and hatred with jsut his eyes and some seriously restrained body language.

And Robert Davi is simply amazing. He's been one of my all time favorite character actors for, oh lemme see, got to be 20 years now. I'd really like to see more of him, maybe a really scary intense in-your-face, last-pitch fight to the death between Kolya and Shepherd...Can't wait...

ladyjanus

Comment

wasn't this episode supposedly to cover Sheppard's Participation in the Armed Forces or will that be covered in "Phantoms"

Comment

Originally posted by Adrius
                  Something people have failed to realize or mention with McKay's mouse death dealing..

Whil ehe may have been startled, he actually turned very quickly (no real time to concentrate on his target) and wasted a very small target.. sounds like he goes to the shooting range a lot
                  In those regards yes, I was thinking more of his obvious fear which caused him to shoot blindly. I mean, would you want that kind of kneejerk reaction on your team?

(For that matter, why was Rodney on the team? Was there a science element that I didn't hear, or was it just to give him screentime?)

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                  I have been wondering about that and some of the comments from some of the actors...
                  Spoiler:
                  you don't think this gift of life is a way to turn humans Wraith? That would be a very controversial thing, Sheppard as Wraith and lets face it some would see it as an awful thing for the PTB to do to Sheppard, I don't see this really happening but I also can't see this part of the story being left at this, they will/should follow it up.
                  Awesome idea, though
                  Spoiler:
                  this plotline may be too similar to Shep's recent conversion to a bug. Still, it's not like TPTB haven't borrowed their own ideas before...

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                    Aw, well it all worked out in the end and as Rodney said he looks younger, so it's all good. Wow tears? Really?
                    Oh no... not me...
                    But some people on the thread said earlier that they were in tears or close to it...
                    I'm too old for crying during torture but I still flinch...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Oh no... not me...
                      But some people on the thread said earlier that they were in tears or close to it...
                      I'm too old for crying during torture but I still flinch...
                      I squirmed a bit too during the torture scenes.

IMHO, Season 3 started off strongly and it gets better and better (apart from Irresistible) with each episode. Let's hope TPTB keep this up with the rest.
                      I want to keep this writer, Ken Cuperus, please? He knows how to write strong, believable and even sympathetic characters whether they be the good guys or the baddies.
                      What can I say about JF and his characterisation of John? It seems a tad unfair to have someone so good looking who's also an intuitively brilliant actor. Kudos!

I've always preferred the Genii, mainly due to Robert Davi's subtle acting, to the 2-D Wraith as enemies but this episode has renewed my interest in them. I'm really hoping we'll encounter this particular wraith again. I liked him.

I also enjoyed TH's portrayal of Weir in this episode. She made Weir a strong, very strong leader who wouldn't compromise with terrorists, even at the risk of losing her colleague and very close personal friend. She showed the right amount of strength and despair. This just re-inforced the leadership qualities she has shown in all the earlier s:3 episodes. Kudos again.

The rest of the cast were mostly in character from Ronon showing his concern for Shep (reminds me of a puppy fiercely loyal to his master beyond reason) to McKay and his, oh so cute, "Shep" speech to the marines. The "mouse" thing was a bit OTT but funny. (Made me wonder what a Pegasus mouse would look like, like an Earth mouse?).
                      Overall, an awesome episode, ranking right up there, for me anyway, with TRW and Sateda.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

This episode was awesome on a number of levels.

I've never been a fan of Genii episodes but this one was great with the captured Wraith mixed in.
                        I always had the thought that the Wraith could give life just the same as they take it away, but to see it, have it confirmed was really cool.

I think it's interesting timing showing that the Wraith have thoughts beyond feeding and destruction and are capable of sympathy and empathy. With the emergence of the Asurans as a threat - maybe this was a glimpse of a shaky alliance between Atlantis & the Wraith, fighting the Asurans together perhaps? That would be quite interesting.

I have to say also that Weir really showed alot of backbone in this ep, by not giving into any demands, despite the cost - one of the few times they've shown her as a truly capable leader who can make the hard decision without any real hesitation, but still trying to think her way out of the situation at hand by using whatever resources she could at the time.

Really well written, well thought out ep - 9/10 from me!

Comment

Wow, what a great episode. It definitely lived up to my expectations. There was a few things I was hoping to see, like more interaction between Kolya and Sheppard, as well as the backstory for the latter. I'm not disappointed though, because it looks like Irresponsible and Phantoms will remedy this. This left plenty of room for some great scenes between Sheppard and the Wraith as well, I'm glad they're trying to make the normal Wraith as interesting as the humanized kind. The jail scenes were awesome, with some good development for Shep. I'm glad Sheppard respected his ally and didn't give him a nickname. They did a great buildup to when Sheppard and the Wraith escape. The Wraith was so cool, he was screaming and tearing those Genii apart. I'd also like to say how good the aged makeup for Sheppard was. The gift of life scene was very nice as well. They could do so many interesting things with the Wraith, I hope they (especially the wraith in this one) don't get pushed out of the way for the Asurans. The only complaint I have is the rescue scene with Rodney. I realize they should have some humor occasionally but Rodney freaking out with the P90 was silly. It's just inconsistent with his character. We've seen his bravery and maturity in dangerous situations, they should stop making him act stupid for comic relief. However, I'm glad they've kept him toned down this season, it was very annoying last season. Anyway, certainly my favorite episode so far and I hope Ken keeps writing for a long time, especially for Sheppard!
                          Last edited by The Sweet Guy; 26 August 2006, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sweet Guy
                            Rodney. I realize they should have some humor occasionally but Rodney freaking out with the P90 was silly. It's just inconsistent with his character. We've seen his bravery and maturity in dangerous situations, they should stop making him act stupid for comic relief.
                            I don't think it was inconsistent with his character. I love Rodney but he is the one who always freaks out during dangerous situations, always. He can do the job when it needs to be done but he's a headcase doing it though.

Comment

Well, The Defiant One is probably the biggest example of Rodney's courage and will to help. I'd just figure after a while he'd act more mature on a mission while maintaning his humor.

Comment

i think tayla is now the t&a girl of the series. i guess if she wants out of the push up bra, she's going to have show her teeth! pity too, i liked her character in the beginning. as far as wraith go, he wasn't a creep, but still the enemy and just because he lived up to the deal, doesn't make me all touchy feely. geeze, the wraith don't even trust each other, why should we?
                                http://world2.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=31042105
                                http://world3.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=38012354
                                http://www.techwarrior.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=37005249
                                http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47043904

Comment

Working...
                                X