No announcement yet.

Sateda (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a great episode. Especially being able to learn more about Ronon's past because it defines who he is. An episode I will watch again any chance I get.
    "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

They said they were gonna amp up the team interaction and connectivity this season...with this episode they definately delivered. I hope we see much more of this caliber of writing.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

This ep was quite impressive.
        I enjoyed it quite a lot.
        It was nice to get background on a character (ironic that it was the last character to join the cast, but still it was very good).
        I was quite impressed with him and the actor. I could feel the guilt he felt for the death of those people. Very nice.

I also liked all the characters in this ep. Shep was quite funny with his counting. Teyla was even more cool then in the past. Mckay and Beckett fighting over who was going to go save the day and then ACTUALLY saving the day was quite cool. The wraith had personality. Weir and Caldwell had some nice little scenes too.

Very nice, two thumbs up. Glad I watched this one.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I want to know more and more about Sheppards past now, he seems like hes had a very depressing past.
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

That my friends was well done ship. You may never see it again so I suggest you watch that convo several more times and capture the essence.

Comment

BAM bam buh-BAM, buh-BAM bam buh-BAM! I wanna be Sateda'd!
              *wonders how many of the geeks around here are Ramones fans*

Comment

WOW OH WOW OH WOW!

LOVED IT! Great writing, great directing, great acting...

Favorite scene had to have been the Sheppard/Teyla scene. The way she filled in the blanks...wonderful!

And Ronan kicking Wraith a$$...Rodney getting shot in the a$$...Oh, so much to love.

Bow down to the glory that is Sateda!

And that's my two cents...
                My LiveJournal
                ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

100/10

This was the most excellent episode of the season, yet and probably for the long haul. All the promotion, all the commotion it was bloody fabulous. I have not even seen a film this good, let alone a tv show to have such a balance of action, emotion, companionship, friendship, honor, courage, and all the adjectives that make being human great.

I cannot say enough about the acting of the cast, they were at their best. The Ronon alone moments made me emotional, coming from a hard life and losing people you love, even tv can bring out a bit of emotion. I mean parts that I thought would wussify Ronon actually made him stronger. Mainly seeing him in those armbands---I ignored that fashion disaster. But there was also him as a normal villager, very 1920s Protestant-esque, but he was handsome.

His wife was lovely and unfortunately dead, but her sense of honor over rode her sense of survival. She was sweet, although the clips that were supposed to be in the ep, that were roaming the thread were cut out.but they were totally unnecessary.

John/Teyla/Ronon: Fantastic. The energy between the three of them were just great. It was a partnership and I loved that about them. I always like the threesome pairing and they fully came through. I knew that John and Teyla would be far more behind Ronon than the others, and that definitely showed through.

John/Teyla: Now I hope this stops peopel from asking why I'm a J/T shipper. I mean that was shipperness at full tilt. I was squeeing...because there was nothing that could be denied in that ep. Nothing easily thought of. Of course people will be like Teyla didn't show much, but the man was already uncomfortable...what did anyone want from her. And it was a great friendship moment. It was them talking and Teyla's statement at the end..'Thank you, for all the things you did not say.' Fantastic. I mean she understands Shep and finished his entire sentences, she could read him and that showed. And it also showed that he feels comfortable enough with Teyla and holds her in enough and high esteem that he would allow her to see that part of him. Was that fantastic?! 2 seasons of testing the waters..yeah this was bloody worth it. But this is not going to be the focus, but just a great moment. Everyone saw John check out Teylas assets right, can't blame him. And people who were disgusted by Teyla's top..it was decent for what women wear and she was fully covered. That top was not as low as any other top I've seen on ANY of the other actresses in an ep.

John: Bloody great. I'm talking about full feldged fantastic. My fellow Thunkers....Peace be to our man. He came through on so many levels. I mean his acting, his portrayal and we got a snippet into him and his more emotional side. It was beautiful and I love seeing Shep fighting for his people, and also it shows that he does know and is aware of the underlying animosity from the Atlantis Ex to members of his team. He knows it, and he tries to be enough for his people, and he came through on again. I can't harp on enough on John himself in this ep.

Teyla: She was great. I can't say enough, her acting of course was on par. She showed her devotion to her team, her care, and her allegiance. And she showed how much she obviously cared for both Ronon and John. And she showed that she recognized what John has done from her from the beginning. This is for all the people who thought otherwise of John's treatment of Teyla. He has made sure that she and the rest of his team are treated with respect and I like that Teyla sees that. She was great, very mommy-esque for Ronon. It was sweet.

McKay/Beckett: Okay they were great together, very scientific...or stereotype, not much action in the sense of danger but lots of talk. And they showed that they cared. Which is not much saying for McKay. But that's another thing I loved about McKay, he comes across as a prick, but in reality he really cares for his team and for those he's friends with. It's at those moment I really love that I love his character. As for Beckett, Beckett gets balls when he's in danger, it reminds me of when he was in The Eye/Storm---it was similar characterization. And how did I know that they would end up talking up a spree before they would get there..and all the wraith woudl be elmininated.

Mckay: As I mentioned he was great. He was McKay, and he was funny. I loved that scene of him getting shot in the arse..I laughed by own arse off..he screamed like a girl. And then there was when he was arguing with Shep about Ronon....great moment in time..same goes for him and Beckett. Great all around ep.

Beckett: Who can say anything bad about Beckett?! Really?! He was fun and fantastic and that hug with him and Ronon, it was precious. It's like what someone would call a 'KODAK Moment'.

Caldwell/Weir: It took long enough for some of that to come to a head. And do I love Caldwel, yes, because he was in the bloody right. I think John was off in regards to his estimation of Caldwell. Since it's true the Daedy was hurt and he did risk his life and the life of his crew for John, McKay, and Ronon already. That was way too much to ask..but he still did what he could and I loved that. Weir...well she was there and she did a bit of recrimination..but not really anything about her.

Now, saving the best for last of course.

Ronon: He was FANTASTIC!! The amount of matrix moves. The move he did when he had the wraith to his back and front...my sister even went 'oh s***!'. It was great. I mean who ever bashes the writers, at this point they were on top of their game, they were spiritually enspired. They maintained action, and balanced it impeccably with drama. It was fantastic on more than these levels. It wasn't a fluff piece, but definitely a piece that will go down in SGA if not SG history. Ronon has now pretty much beat all characters. If only they could do that with John---and Teyla; I would be ecstatic. I think something similar is being made for Teyla anyway. But his wife, and the moments with that village. When he would kill himself for his team mates. The energy and the comaraderie was palpable. I loved it. It really had everything.

SG writers you were great. This was definitely worth all the hoopla.

Now I will go off and squee with my fellow J/T shippers and Ronon Lovers (from the beginning)!! Before I watch it for a second time on Scifi!!

100/10
                  <--(hammond doubles as Caldwell---we realy need a Caldwell emoticon!!)
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

So What happen on SG-1 tonight .....(joke)
                    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 06 August 2006, 08:19 PM.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought the writing for this episode was good. And obviously it has top notch action. But what most impressed me was the camera work, the lighting, and just the overall style of this episode; definetly not the norm, very BSGish.

Plus, when Beckett "Droned" the wraith, is easily the funniest moment of the season so far.
                      O'Neill: They didn't go for it.
                      Carter: They didn't approve the mission?
                      O'Neill: Oh, no they did that. Once they knew the stakes and the whole fate of the universe stuff. Both the President and Hammond realized we had no choice. He sends good luck, godspeed, all those things he says when he thinks we're gonna die.
                      Carter: So what didn't they go for?
                      O'Neill: The name I suggested.
                      Carter: For the ship?
                      O'Neill: Yeah.
                      Carter: Yeah. Sir, we can't call it the 'Enterprise'.
                      O'Neill: Why Not?!
                      -Unnatural Selection

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                        I want to know more and more about Sheppards past now, he seems like hes had a very depressing past.
                        Indeed. Seems like a lot of his friends either died or left them and (apparently) he doesn't have much family. Poor Shep.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

This was one of their best episodes to date. The whole backstory to Ronan was excellent. Also found out the Wraith do in fact keep their word. Think about it. Are any Wraith likely to cull a planet that has no life on it? Twisted, but that is the Wraith for you.

Man, I still cannot believe what an episode this was! This was the first episode of Atlantis in a long time IMO that was actually a little better than SG-1. As my sister said earlier, I was slightly afraid that the ending might flop. Oh, do not give me that look. They have come up with good plots in the past that dropped like dead locusts at the end (first episode with the Genii anyone?), but this one completely delivered. It stayed intense from the moment Ronan was dropped on Sateda to when the final showdown with the Wraith came on. Came very close to overtaking Critical Mass as my fav ep of Atlantis. The action was great, the music was so different. There was a whole lot more to it, but I think I can discuss that with the rest of ya as this thread progresses. In the meantime, I give this 5 out of 5 stars. Keep up the good writing PTB!

EDIT: as a side note, also note Carsons character development. When he grabbed the gun, Rodney yelled to him that he was just a doctor. Becketts response? "So!?!" as opposed to his usual response of the fact he is not a "bloody military officer."
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Whoa, very good ep!

Okay, not a ton of depth, but we did get some tidbits on just how dysfunctional a family Sheppard's team is - he's emotionally repressed, McKay is, well, he's McKay - he's expresses emotion in a guarded fashion, while I guess Teyla and Beckett are more emotionally developed, and it's no wonder Ronon is the way he is after all he went through on Sateda alone!

Loved when Rodney got shot. Yes, an arrow in the butt will HURT so screaming about it is what 99.999% of us would do in the same situation. Not sure about being doped up morphine, but Demoral is the same. Happy happy spacey spacey, feel no pain

Comment

I loved the episode! So did my two friends who just started watching Stargate. And my little brother. And my mom.

However, my very critical sister would only say it was better than usual, to which I agree. Best episode this season, by far.

And /everyone/ laughed when McKay got shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                                Meh. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't anything to keep my interest either. Basically I was bored. It was predictable to the point where I called Rodney getting hit in the bum before it happened. And the spoilers for the ep were THE EP! I knew that Ronon would sacrifice himself for Shep and Teyla. They would go after him. Ronon would fight and survive Wraith after Wraith. Even his back story flashes were exactly what the spoilers said so I predicted them too.

John and Rodney on the floor was a sweet moment.

John NOT expressing himself to TEyla was really nice.

John suddenly feeling the need to lie about how many Wraith he killed? STUPID! He doesn't have to prove himself to anyone, least of all Ronon or Teyla and he knows it. That was just STUPID STUPID writing.

And Rodney and Carson were used for Comedy in what should have been a serious ep. So...meh.
                                Not stupid...a bit of comedic relief, nothing else, nothing more. It's the whole thing of---a girl better than me. And it was cute and made me laugh.

The Rodney/Carson thing was good. I think it was a serious ep for 3 people...meaning Ronon/Teyla/John. They went through the experience of really seeing Ronon at his worse, not Rodney or Carson...and further more they came through.

I liked..and the wraith was nasty.

By the way I loved that final part where Ronon did his ninja---intimidation yell and moves. My sis was like...and that's why McKay called him a 'caveman'.

Great ep..as you all already know.
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X