"Sunday" on dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sunday" on dvd

Is there any word on weather Paul McGillion will be doing the comantary on Sunday?
    C. Edmund

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
    Is there any word on weather Paul McGillion will be doing the comantary on Sunday?
    It's already out on DVD and I don't think he does.....But I think Martin Gero is on it, and he's always really good to listen to.

I meant to listen to that commentary yesterday and never got around to it.

Comment

The commentary is by Will Waring and Martin Gero. I haven't listened to it yet, as I have Vengeance and First Strike to watch first.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

For as much as I know Paul McGillion was willing to do the commentary for this ep but they didn't want him to do it for whatever reason. Actually, he wasn't invited at all for the commentaries on the eps of season three although PM said that he would have liked to do that.

Nevertheless, there is a extra commentary/special about Martin Gero on the DVD set in which he talks about 'Sunday'. In this, there is also a brief interview with Paul McGillion on the episode.
        twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

None of the actors have done any commentaries for season 3. I did listen to the commentary for Sunday with Will Waring and Martin Gero, and I still bawled my eyes out at the end. Seeing the interview sections with Paul McGillion in the same disc's special feature was very poignant as well, but Sunday still breaks my heart even after all this time. Gero said at one point that he'd gotten a TON of mail, half of which told him although they didn't like what happened that Sunday was the best ep of the season... and the other half told him that they were going to stop watching the show because of it. It's disappointing that they didn't forsee all of the anger and disappointment the episode incited, and they could've undone it even up to 2 days before actual production began (or was it before production ended? I can't remember).

Comment

Maybe they did know about the disappointment of half the fans, but decided to concentrate their efforts on entertaining the other half, the ones who stuck around.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
            X