Sci-Fi Stargate Atlantis Promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi Stargate Atlantis Promo

Today I finally saw a promo on Sci-Fi for the back half of season three of Stargate Atlantis. For weeks they've had promos for Sg-1's swansong episodes but none for Atlantis. I was so shocked I couldn't actually believe that it was Atlantis they were promoting.

It kind of gives me hope that maybe Sci-Fi will start promoting Atlantis more.

They had scenes from Return II, First Strike as well as lines from Return II and Tao of Rodney. Overall I thought it was pretty cool.

I think the trailer kind of sucked and was very WTF because it makes no sense in regards to the later half. Or maybe that's what they were trying to say, the second half makes no sense. lol.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I agree, I've seen the entire Season, and the promo doesn't seem to mesh w/ what actually happens. But Atlantis promos have always been confusing.

Remember when Atlantis first premiered? All of the pre-promos seemed to imply that it was replacing SG-1.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Which promo did you guys see? About an hour after I saw the first one a different one came on. It definately didn't mesh with the second half of the season. In fact, it kind of implied that the team turns on each other (showing a scene from Phantoms).

Comment

The best promos IMO were the short "With A Little Stargate Anything Is Possible" promos. I just discovered them via YouTube. Yes they didn't show any scenes, but they are funny and memorable.
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
            Which promo did you guys see? About an hour after I saw the first one a different one came on. It definately didn't mesh with the second half of the season. In fact, it kind of implied that the team turns on each other (showing a scene from Phantoms).
            I think I"ve seen two ads (I think), and both use clips "Phantoms". Both are very short.

Comment

Last year's ads were much better. . . with the showroom and each show's Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                Last year's ads were much better. . . with the showroom and each show's Stargate.
                Yeah, those were good. The best promotion campaign (for a drama) is Monk IMO. They're on very often, and they simultaneously run episode, and series ads.

Overall reality shows probably have the best publicity, but those are in a different category.

The hard part w/ Atlantis is it doesn't have any name actors. Showtime promoted SG1 as "Richard Dean Anderson in Stargate: SG-1." I mean David has had a decent movie career, but he'd only be a draw to an obscure group. And while Jason was like an international supermodel, men don't get the same recognition as women.

Stargate (any incarnation) would die on broadcast TV, "midseason cancellation" die. And SciFi is such a joke of a network, so it doesn't carry much weight in the publicity department. I think USA & TNT would be great candidates, but they're expectations might be too high. The fanbase isn't strong enough to handle a move to premium cable, and Spike & G4 would ruin the show.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

I've seen all THREE ads (think that's it) so far, and since the description I did is spoiler-ridden, you can visit my LJ entry at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/51515.html

to read the full breakdown of each ad (and one SG1 ad that I caught as well).

P.S. I originally posted these to SPOILME spoilers/news list.
                  Last edited by prion; 05 March 2007, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    I've seen all THREE ads (think that's it) so far, and since the description I did is spoiler-ridden, you can visit my LJ entry at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/51515.html

to read the full breakdown of each ad (and one SG1 ad that I caught as well).
                    If it was really you who did the summary (I saw the exact same summary on a spoiler list without any credit), can you say whether all the close-ups from the SG-1 segment were from (in the UK) unaired episodes? Because the ep titles were included on the Atlantis segments...
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Regarding Season 4, it would likely seem that the promotion will be non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                        If it was really you who did the summary (I saw the exact same summary on a spoiler list without any credit), can you say whether all the close-ups from the SG-1 segment were from (in the UK) unaired episodes? Because the ep titles were included on the Atlantis segments...
                        Yes, that was me who posted them to SPOILME (which I run) and my LJ (wraithfodder).

I honestly don't know what aired in the UK regarding SG1, so it's possible. The segments were so short that I couldn't see much given away spoiler-wise. The SGA ads were more detailed and would give away spoilers, hence the spoiler warning

Comment

Working...
                        X