What about the jumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the jumpers?

Ok in the second part of the return we see that the entire top of the central tower is destroyed. Does this mean that all the jumpers were destroyed too? Granted I can understand that the replicators could rebuild the tower but how could they have rebuilt all those jumpers too in such short order?

Any thoughts?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

There's plenty in the underwater hanger. By plenty I mean about 3.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If they were destroyed they would prob just find more or find out how to make them
      sigpic

Comment

yeah but as elite anubis guard said there were only 3 in that underwater jumper bay. Not exactly many and they do destroy a fair few of the things. I'd quite like to see an episode where they mentioned that they were all mostly destroyed and look for more.

Comment

I just pulled up the episode, and the spire (housing the jumpers) did not collapse from the explosion.

This is another reason the Asurans were able to rebuild "Stargate Operations" (not "the central spire" so quickly)

Comment

You sure? Have you got a screen cap for me to look at?

Comment

He's right, only the gateroom was effected. From previous episodes we know that the jumpers are protected by a large metal seal that opens and closes and is a fair distance above the gateroom. In the Return part II episode we see the explosion clearly only effects the one level as the explosion shoots outward in 3 directions in a rectangular manner and then a cloud of flame shoots upward over the undamged upper levels and then dissipates. After which there is a secondardy explosion which only effects a small portion in the front of the same level. The explosion was really quite minor (all things considered) and thus not something that could get up to the jumpers. In fact I doubt it could even destroy a jumper unless one was right on top of the original explosion.

That's one of the few episodes I don't have taped, so I had to double check it on youtube. You should try looking for it there yourself and make sure you expand the video size so you can see what is going on. Look especially carefully before the explosion. There are 3 sets of rectangular lights piled on top of each other on both the left and the right side of the tower. That is the only part that is effected by the explosion. Above it is complete and total darkness which is likely the jumper bay room and then above that there are a few more lights.

Comment

Spoiler for size
                Spoiler:

Second shot shows the top of the tower engulfed by the fireball, but when it subsides (shot 3), most of the structure is intact. Fourth shot is a closeup of the damaged tower before the Asurans repaired it.
                Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

True but that last shot shows a piece missing out of the top part of the tower(ie where the jumper bay is) So obviously the explosion reached that far up.

Comment

If the jumpers were destroyed, how are they flying jumpers in episodes after the return part two.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      True but that last shot shows a piece missing out of the top part of the tower(ie where the jumper bay is) So obviously the explosion reached that far up.
                      That's not where the jumper bay is. The jumper bay is right where the fireball is on shot number 1. The damage done in number 4 shows the thin piece of the tower just above the fireball. The fireball seems to have melted some of the metal on the outter edges and the part all the way at the top is extremely thin and doesn't look remotely like there could be any rooms in there (think of it like the top most part of a skyscrapper - there's nothing there, it's just for show) which is why it was able to take part of it with it. If you look at where the smoke is coming from you can also see some damage on the outter hull there, but it doesn't appear to have breeched the inner rooms.

Comment

Working...
                      X