• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz!

But unless the SGC can spare Danny for a few weeks on the deady

(
    Spoiler:
    There is a new ship right? Will it allow danny to make quick visits to Atlantis? Just a guess
    )
    Well I take your spoiler and I raise you another

Spoiler:
    The Daedalus can reach Atlantis in 4-5 days powered by a ZPM

Comment

But! Surely, they are going to need the ZPM on 'Lantis more than the deady!
      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Actually, the Daedalus doesn't use a ZPM. They are fitted with an Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive engine that lets them travel to and from Earth in a matter od days. The ZPMs are for Atlantis.

Comment

You know, there is the Ori who is an enemy of the Ancients, and on the same level too!

I would rather want my resident Ancient expert here to protect us from complete and utter annihilation than for him to take a vacation to another galaxy.

Comment

But! Surely, they are going to need the ZPM on 'Lantis more than the deady!
            i agree i mean what would u rather keep-a advance ancient city with all the knoledge they had which will take hundreds of years to proccess and when they are done will probably be a force to be reckoned with-the deadi a flimsy ship with limited asgard tech and a asgard on board so that u cant even use the beaming tech to its full potential and a limited supply of weapons...hard choice is it not???
            tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
            yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
            Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gateworld Omnipedia
              Propulsion consists of standard thrusters as well as an Asgard hyperdrive engine, capable of traveling one way between Earth and Atlantis in 18 days.
              ZPM significantly inhances engines
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

ZPM significantly inhances engines
                well atlantis has a trans galactic hyperdrive with a zpm fitted too big whoop...

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
                  Actually, the Daedalus doesn't use a ZPM. They are fitted with an Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive engine that lets them travel to and from Earth in a matter od days. The ZPMs are for Atlantis.
                  Re-Watch the first few episodes of Season 2, the Daedelus WAS using the ZPM to get to Atlantis in under a week. I think they've said under normal power a trip between Earth and Atlantis takes about 3 weeks.

Comment

Maybe the reason they won't let Daniel go is because if his character actually went to Atlantis, SG1 would never get him back! He'd stay there forever studying all that Ancient stuff, and he'd forget all about the SGC!
                    It's possible!
                    Although in reality it's probably just a scheduling thing that hasn't let him cross over yet...but they could also be waiting to do something really big with that particular plotline...

Comment

Because, to be true to the character, once he got to Atlantis, NO-ONE would get him back to earth ... it's like his holy grail, and TPTB don't want Jackson permanantly on Atlantis yet.

Would you like to be the poor guy dragging him back to earth?
                      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiret
                        Maybe the reason they won't let Daniel go is because if his character actually went to Atlantis, SG1 would never get him back! He'd stay there forever studying all that Ancient stuff, and he'd forget all about the SGC!
                        It's possible!
                        Although in reality it's probably just a scheduling thing that hasn't let him cross over yet...but they could also be waiting to do something really big with that particular plotline...
                        i dont think daniel would abandone sg-1 its not in his nature...

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Hmmm...
                          I don't know. Would they be able to drag him away, or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiret
                            Exactly!
                            although with all that ancient knoledge he would be tempted...i would be...mmmmmmtyhe secerets of the univers or cameron mitchel...ohhh hard choice..not secerets here i come!!

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                              I was just wondering how long they were going to have weekly trips to Atlantis and not even let Jackson go look at the dam city of the Ancients!! I mean seriously, this is well beyond believable at this point. I don't mean having him on SGA permenantly, but this is out of control.
                              I agree. He should have a day trip!

I'm going slighty mmmaaaddd hee hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                                Seriously.

The guy wants to go so badly, and twice his going got pushed back (he missed the ships). But now, especially in season 2 of Atlantis (and thus concurrent to season 9 of SG-1), they have a ship (the Daedelus) that makes frequent trips to and from Atlantis, and Atlantis has a working Stargate that can send people to Earth.

So why can't they let Daniel go to Atlantis, at least in some 2-parter, so he can see the city, interact, do something really cool, and THEN return back to SG-1. Wouldn't be that difficult, and its kinda dumb that Daniel, who's the EXPERT on the Ancients hasn't even been to Atlantis once.
                                Hmmm, is it just me or is it a coincidence that 53 minutes after the same type question was asked in the season 2 folder, it was asked in the general section?
                                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                                X