No announcement yet.

Daniel in Atlantis? Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell I would love to see Daniel, Teal'c and Carter go to Atlantis if SG-1 doesn't go on!

Hell with the rest of the SG-1.
    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
      Hell I would love to see Daniel, Teal'c and Carter go to Atlantis if SG-1 doesn't go on!

SG-Atlantis 1
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Personally I'd rather not have any of the SGA characters replaced.. and certainly not by SG1 personnel.
        sigpic

Comment

I would just like to see Daniel on Atlantis. Think of all the stuff he would be able to figure out and Ancient devices he could find. He is the world's leading expert on all things Ancient. Plus, you would be able to see how much fun he would have there, like in "Pegasus Project."

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

and O'Neill and Mitchell would pop in to see how things are going (often)
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I would like to see Daniel in SG-1 Season 11 or in another SG spin-off, also some guest apearances in SGA , but I don't like the idea SG-1 members to replace some of the main characters in SGA. I like SGA cast as it is at the moment, except maybe Teyla
              sigpic
              Freedom for the Bulgarian medics in Lybia

Comment

Well, I'm all for the idea of Daniel on Atlantis in a recurring role. No other characters though (except some more O'Neill guest apparences, but I'd say he's already an established Atlantis guest star, so that should continue). I'm sure if TPTB could get him to do a recurring role (or some guest appearances) they would, but it is a bit of a step down from a lead role on one of the biggest Sci-Fi shows of the current generation.

Comment

I would like to see Daniel, Carter and Teal'c along with Walter on Atlantis.

What would be neat would be to do two seperate shows using the same set and have the cast interact but with different plots. For example they found another bad alien that is just too much for Atlantis to handle on its own.

Leave the Atlantis main cast the way it is and then have the other cast from SG-1 do the supporting tech roles when required. But also have the 3 original SG-1 have thier own team or speacial reason for being on atlantis where they rely on the Atlantis team for support.

I know it sounds confusing, but it would actually be two shows sharing cast.

I would like to see Carter/McKay interaction. Maybe Carter could finally tell McKay off. Daniel interacts well with Weir and Sheppard.

Teal'c and Ronin working together would be intresting. Teal'c is more disaplined than Ronin. It would be intresting to see how their interactions go.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

What would be neat would be to do two seperate shows using the same set and have the cast interact but with different plots. For example they found another bad alien that is just too much for Atlantis to handle on its own.

Leave the Atlantis main cast the way it is and then have the other cast from SG-1 do the supporting tech roles when required. But also have the 3 original SG-1 have thier own team or speacial reason for being on atlantis where they rely on the Atlantis team for support.

I would like to see Carter/McKay interaction. Maybe Carter could finally tell McKay off. Daniel interacts well with Weir and Sheppard.

Teal'c and Ronin working together would be intresting. Teal'c is more disaplined than Ronin. It would be intresting to see how their interactions go.
                    All this sounds like crossover. I like the idea for corssovering casts but I dislike the idea to move SG-1 cast in Atlantis permanently. The best thing is to have two separated shows, as you tould, and time to time to have some crossovers like in Pegasus project episode.
                    sigpic
                    Freedom for the Bulgarian medics in Lybia

Comment

If that were to happen this is how they would fit in alot of the characters

Daniel would go into one of the many labs and look through the Computer and translate useful info Vala would probley stay with Daniel.

Carter would stick in a lab too but would work with the Ancinets on projects.

Mitcheal would probley be part of one of the teams

Teal'c would be like a trainer and would train with Tayla and Ronon and other personal.

General Landry would run a Alpeh site

Dr. Landry would help Dr. beckett in the Medical Area
                      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                      new enemy of the Ori
                      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

I'll be honest. I'm tired of having people want Sg1 on Atlantis. Atlantis isn't a show for Sg1 cast offs, whether in story ideas or characters. I specifically watch SgA because it is different (characters and stories). Please, Sg1 had its run - 10 years worth! Leave Atlantis to stand on its own feet with its own original characters and stories.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Sooooo... you're essentially suggesting... SG1... but set on Atlantis instead of at the SGC. What on earth would be the point?!

(Plus it would be needlessly confusing and totally impractical given that a) you can't film two full shows every week using only one set and b) the high salary costs of the long-term SG1 stars is one of the main reasons for the show's cancellation anyway. If they were going to continue SG1, then it should continue as it is, at SGC.)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Sooooo... you're essentially suggesting... SG1... but set on Atlantis instead of at the SGC. What on earth would be the point?!

(Plus it would be needlessly confusing and totally impractical given that a) you can't film two full shows every week using only one set and b) the high salary costs of the long-term SG1 stars is one of the main reasons for the show's cancellation anyway. If they were going to continue SG1, then it should continue as it is, at SGC.)
                            Long term yes, but we have also at least 2 "new kids on the block" whose development was unjustly axed, they deserve something more...
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I'd rather not see anyone from SG1 end up on Atlantis, but if I was forced by hot irons to pick one, Daniel makes the most sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                                Long term yes, but we have also at least 2 "new kids on the block" whose development was unjustly axed, they deserve something more...
                                But the issue of whether or not SG1 should have been axed or should continue is - and should be - a separate issue from SGA. To suggest that the entire cast from SG1 should be transplanted to SGA is just a transparent attempt to keep SG1 going - at the expense of a perfectly good, separate show which is doing well in its own right.

To me it just smacks somewhat of arrogance... "You've cancelled our show so we're gonna take over this show and put our characters into it and make it into our show that you cancelled. Hah hah! We win!" Nevermind that, in doing so, you would effectively be cancelling the other show (which would no longer be the show that the fans enjoy) and thereby transfering the disappointment etc you feel at the loss of your show onto the fans of the other show.

Sort of.. "I'm alright so stuff you, Jack..."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X