No announcement yet.

what happened to the Tria? SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the hyperspace broke after they were outside the galaxy so they had to continue because all the ancents left and didnt where to find materials since all the wraith took over the whole galaxies
    sigpic

Comment

Since it was in intergalactic space near the Midway station, it was probably taken there for repairs. I'm surprised that Hermiod didn't stay behind with the ancients to bring them up to speed or to help them with repairs.

Perhaps this is how Atlantis gets found. I'm assuming that all Ancient ships would be able to find "home base". Unfortunately, if that were true, the Asurans could find Atlantis too...

Comment

Originally posted by minted_peanut View Post
        The ancients were at atlantis for months before they got wiped so they must have found a way to get the tria back up and running properly and if we find out that it has been untouched all that time then the ancients are dumb as donkey doo doo.
        It was 6 weeks only. Then there is the added problem of them not having any other transport to take the large parts to fix it's hyperdrive. The PJ's are tiny, so I doubt they could be able to fit the larger parts in. Hence, Daedalus was probably needed to ferry the big bits back & forth to the ship from Atlantis. Therefore they obviously had to know if it was fixed & where it went.

I think it was distroyed when it went to meet the replicator ship
        It was only a PJ that was sent up to meet the approaching Asuran ship.

Realistically the first thing the Lanteans should have done was send Daedaluswith the parts, get it repaired then back to Atlantis asap. They only had a single ZPM, if Wraith attacked them, then they would need that to power the shield. Then if it was also needed to fire Drones, 1000's of them will eat up a ZPM. So having the Tria/Trea there would be a main priority just incase anything happened.

I find it inceedible to believe that it wasn't mentioned at all in the 2nd half of the program. Especially since they were having problems with ZPM's going down & draining, 304's being no match for enemy ships in Pegasus etc. Hence a fully working Aurora Class warship would be a tremendous offensive ally to have in their corner.

After 'TRII', McKay & his people should have been all over it getting the drive fixed.

The came the Wraith Cruiser, if it's only the drive, then that would be another good offensive weapon for them to have. Plonk some shields on the sucker & send it up to protect the planet or use it to help out teams stranded off-world. Even take all it's weapons off & integrate them into Daedalus.

At least raise it up to the surface, dock it on one of the piers. Then if Atlantis was ever under attack. They didn't need to drain their only ZPM by firing Drones. Instead they could have used the Cruisers weapons to open up on the Wraith ships while it was safely protected under the city's shield.

Tbh, I wouldn't put it past the writers to simply ignore one or both of these ships in S4. If they are brought in, it'll only be as a plot device to make an ep out of it. Which come the end of it, they most likely won't even have the use of it any longer.

Guess the only thing to be done, is hope the writers finally decide to give them the ships & hope it's not just to destroy them in the same ep just to get them out of the way.

Comment

a nice empty ancient ship that needs repair, good incentive to finish that space station.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            Since it was in intergalactic space near the Midway station, it was probably taken there for repairs. I'm surprised that Hermiod didn't stay behind with the ancients to bring them up to speed or to help them with repairs.

Perhaps this is how Atlantis gets found. I'm assuming that all Ancient ships would be able to find "home base". Unfortunately, if that were true, the Asurans could find Atlantis too...
            What got me was why did they expect the ancients to tell them everything when the Asgard won't even do that and we know them really well.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
              What got me was why did they expect the ancients to tell them everything when the Asgard won't even do that and we know them really well.
              I don't think they expected it so much as hoped and even if they could learn just a little it would've been a worthwhile experience. Something they've learned as the series progresses is that they were arrogant with their knowledge and this was just one more stage in their education. Although if those Ancients were telling the truth in that they would eventually let Humans return to Atlantis and work beside them and they weren't planning to try to use the Tao of Rodney device to either ascend or die, it would've worked out in their favor in the long run. As far as the Asgard go, they never refused to answer anything, (as far as I can remember) the show just hasn't had the main characters ask them a wide range of things so as to preserve a sense of mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                I don't think they expected it so much as hoped and even if they could learn just a little it would've been a worthwhile experience. Something they've learned as the series progresses is that they were arrogant with their knowledge and this was just one more stage in their education. Although if those Ancients were telling the truth in that they would eventually let Humans return to Atlantis and work beside them and they weren't planning to try to use the Tao of Rodney device to either ascend or die, it would've worked out in their favor in the long run. As far as the Asgard go, they never refused to answer anything, (as far as I can remember) the show just hasn't had the main characters ask them a wide range of things so as to preserve a sense of mystery.
                It is implied though through various situations like for example them wanting the energy weapon back straight away. the asgard ARS (anti-replicator satellite) is another example as
                Spoiler:
                we are told in first strike that we are
                developing our own version, if the Asgard had shared the knowledge then why would we be making our own version if the Asgard already have such a device

also i would assume that as we are not officially the fifth race yet that they would not be fully forward in sharing all their knowledge. this is also what i took the commanders words to mean in the return, that one day when we are at that level we could return to the city. Don't forget though that these ancients are the arrogant ones of the past so would think that they could handle the entire city. just how big was the initial Atlantis expedition that came through anyway? that can't have been that many, plus these ancients have the knowledge on not only where but also what everything does and how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
                  also i would assume that as we are not officially the fifth race yet that they would not be fully forward in sharing all their knowledge. this is also what i took the commanders words to mean in the return, that one day when we are at that level we could return to the city. Don't forget though that these ancients are the arrogant ones of the past so would think that they could handle the entire city. just how big was the initial Atlantis expedition that came through anyway? that can't have been that many, plus these ancients have the knowledge on not only where but also what everything does and how to fix it.
                  The only thing is that it would be hard for less than a hundred of them to reproduce their entire population without the aid of technology to fix the genetic problems that would come up. Of course it's reasonable to assume that they have such technology, but then why did they resort of mating with primitive Humans so many times in the past (not just on Earth, but those from The Tower as well - You'd think they'd have full medical technology on that city ship)? Also, if they intended for them to wait countless generations why keep O'Neill and Woosely around? It seemed to me like they were just accepting the fact that Humans were advanced enough to travel through space and stand up to an enemy which defeated them. Therefore, they needed time to take it all in which they would've been helped with by observing two Humans and by testing them to see if they would willingly give up the city or they would try to fight for it (they could've easily beamed them all into a cell and tried to torture one into returning the city to their control).

Comment

Originally posted by minted_peanut View Post
                    Do we know what happened to the Tria after the ancients came back to Atlantis?

Was it left stranded between both galaxy's when they traveled in the Daedalus back to Atlantis?

Because i know the hyper drive was broken on it and the ancients took the ZPM with them to atlantis. But i dont think there was any mention of it after that.

Sorry if it has been posted recently...
                    It got sucked into the PLOTHOLE, much like the Grace ship.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I think we should re-enginer the tria.
                      did it not travel i alomost the speed of light on the sub-light engines?
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X