Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds wonderful. I support it. ^_^

Comment

Me too, at last something that makes sense here.
      sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Good idea, or at the very least we could catch a glimpse of that photo of him and Carson from the ep Sunday in his room or lab some time.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

The turtles is an awesome idea, Carson had baby turtles so they would be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
            Good idea, or at the very least we could catch a glimpse of that photo of him and Carson from the ep Sunday in his room or lab some time.
            Ah, but then they'd have to pay to use Paul McGillion's image.

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
              I have a simple petition. I'm not here to ask the powers that be to bring people back from the dead (other people do that), or let me write episodes for them (well, maybe one or two), or even to read this thread (though it wouldn't hurt them to do so). It's what I call a feel-good petition. It doesn't stir up any arguments, because it should be pretty universally agreeable. So here it is:

I think McKay should have turtles in his room. They don't ever need to be mentioned in script or anything, but it would be a nice touch to have them there. How much would it cost? Fifty bucks to buy and maintain them on the set? I will put up the money myself if the show is that hard up for cash. He could have picked them up while he was on Earth to meet Carson's family. We don't need to know whether they were Carson's turtles or whether he just bought them in memory of him. They could just innocuously sit there in his room, like Sheppard's Cash poster, not harming any first time watchers, but reminding us of Carson.

Is there any reason this could not be done?
              NOOOOO! McKay gets everything--the best story lines and arcs, the best and most character development, whole episode features, etc.--don't give him Carson's wee baby turtles, too! Didn't Carson have ANY other friends in Atlantis? Why can't we see someone not named McKay do this in Carson's honor?

Comment

What about little stuffed toy turtles to David Hewlett? He has enough clout that he could put them in a few shots....
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I like the idea. Like others have said, they don't even need to be real turtles. It's not like you're going to seem them running around climbing the cage/tank or anything. Heck, even a time-lapse shot of the turtle wouldn't show much movement.

I however think that, in addition to Rodney getting a/some turtles, that Ronon should get a puppy. Would be great for the character to bond with, and VERY funny if the puppy left a "present" on Rodney's pillow or somewhere for Rodney to slip on. How funny would that be?!

Rodney walks into the meeting, "Sorry I'm late I was...Whoa! *slips on dog poo* What the heck was....Oh man! RONON!!!" Entire cast breaks out laughing.

I can totally see something like that happening.
                  Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                  Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Joe M has confirmed that the turtles are in McKays care.

Comment

I like it. An easy and cheap way to remember one of our most belovid characters.

Comment

Wicked Idea Man! Go You!
                        Atlantis - City of the Ancients

sigpic

Comment

Looks like the petition worked.

Comment

Yay! That's awesome. *grins* So at least Carson's not forgotten.

Thanks leelakin for the ID Card.

Comment

Awww that's so sweet!

Comment

Wow. PG-15 beats me to the punch on everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X