This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redo Irresponsible

I was wondering seeing how it will be some time until the episode will air on SciFi. What if they do a reshoot and fix the parts that people have so much problem with. Seeing the reaction after it aired in Canada and after I watched it for myself it could use some redoing. I don't think they should change the hole thing just certin parts.

I mean why not put that extra time until it airs to good use?

They could change the color of the shield so it can seem like it was a different model. Also the final showdown between Kolya and John could be made better.

What do you think of the episode being redone?
    This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Originally posted by starmage View Post
    They should remove the episode from the schedule, burn the master, and never speak of it again. Stick a rerun in its place.

Yes, it was THAT bad.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I find it weird that people moan so much about Irresponsible, I thought Irresistible was much worse...

Comment

Well, firstly, not everybody hates it. Secondly, doing what you suggest is expensive and there's no way they're going to do it. Thirdly, if they decide to alter an already-filmed/aired episode because some fans don't like it, then what next? Are they going to pander to every variation of opinion out there and start amending every episode based on fan reaction?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          They should remove the episode from the schedule, burn the master, and never speak of it again. Stick a rerun in its place.

Yes, it was THAT bad.

couple suggestions for it :

VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I was wondering seeing how it will be some time until the episode will air on SciFi. What if they do a reshoot and fix the parts that people have so much problem with. Seeing the reaction after it aired in Canada and after I watched it for myself it could use some redoing. I don't think they should change the hole thing just certin parts.

They could change the color of the shield so it can seem like it was a different model. Also the final showdown between Kolya and John could be made better.

You do realize that it's not that easy to just "REDO" an episode... right?
            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

This is my alternative ending....

oh yeah spoilers for bits of the episode? I if i need them..... can never be too careful these days

starting from the point where shepherd is heading for the gate to get reinforcements, arrives at the gate with lucius, and reckons he can take down the guards if lucius will give him the shield. Lucius refuses and shepherd cant make him, so when kolya comes on the radio he heads back to the village. He tries to get lucius to come and help him but lucius is too scared and decides he'll wait it out in the countryside... Shepherd is angry and heads back on his own...

Kolya brings out the rest of the atlantis team into the courtyard and is telling them how he will trade them for earth weapons with dr weir. Shepherd takes down a couple of patrols with his silenced p90, and heads towards the courtyard. He spies kolya and the team with binoculars, but only a couple of guards. he happens to notice a few guns pointing out of the window of a house about 3 floors up from the ground - meant as an ambush for shepherd, so he sneaks up into the house and takes down a couple of men on the ground floor. We see him planting some C4 on a wall inside the house.

back on the ground Kolya tells shepherd in the radio that his time is up. Shepherd calls out to kolya and emerges from behind a wall, his gun levelled at kolya and starts advancing across the courtyard. Kolya says into his radio to "fire on his order" to the men up in the house waiting to ambush shepherd (on a different channel so shepherd doesnt hear). Just as Kolya says "fire" shepherd pushes the detonator on the C4, the house explodes, blows the windows out and 3 men are blown through the windows. This distracts the Genii and shepherd takes out the two men guarding his team, who make a run for safety. Kolya orders them killed and two genii level their weapons at the team. Just before they are killed, lucius jumps out in front of them blocking the weapons fire. Shepherd takes the two soldiers down and advances, but kolya has escaped in the fighting. He makes to go after kolya but turns to check his team is ok. They have freed themselves and beckett is kneeling over lucius... his personal shield failed under gunfire and he took several hits. Beckett says he wont make it. Shepherd makes some comment about lucius proving himself a true hero, sacrificing himself for others.... Then lucius dies, and the villagers come to mourn him

Kolya has escaped again.....

Lucius dies, kolya lives, the ending is more dramatic and there is at least some proper action. Let me know what you think (I seem to like coming up with atlantis stories when I should be working)

Comment

I like your ending for the episode.

I know that they will not remake the episode but one can still dream.
                It would cost extra money but it wouldn't be to hard to change the color of the shield and maybe shoot an extra shot of McKay say that it most be a different model.
                This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Comment

1. Change the sets into western, like they wanted to.
                  2. Make the villagers less annoying.
                  3. Let Kolya get away some how.

That's it.

Comment

I did not mind the episode and am glad Kolya is dead. It is not that I thought that the character was poorly created, but it was time for him to die. I thought that the death was handled fine. Really I see no reason to change the episode and for those that did not like it here is a solution, just do not watch it again.
                    Weir: He's just a boy!
                    Jinto: I am Jinto.
                    Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

Yes, it was THAT bad.
                      I wish. I'm just gonna put on a dvd the friday it shows on tv.

Comment

Sort of pointless question, since I'm pretty sure they won't but I'm no kill-joy...

Nevertheless I'm with Alipeeps: for one, not everyone dislikes the episode all together, wanting a redo, and for second, it's more than improbable that they change and remaster or even redo an episode 'just' because people didn't like it.
                        IF they really think this episode sucks with the audience, they'll most likely go along the way: "Damage done!"

Remember, this is SciFi: they can come up with oh so many (more or less) logical ways of changing the outcome in future episodes even, that there's hardly any reason to reshoot some of the stuff.

Originally posted by silence View Post

couple suggestions for it :

Really impressing! Nice idea.

Originally posted by russ_sg1 View Post
                        This is my alternative ending....
                        Sorry, I shortened the quote, russ. No offence.

I truly enjoyed your version of the episode's end!
                        And be sure, I more than appreciated your leaving Kolya alive and Lucious dead.
                        Only nicely delivered critisimn is, I somehow don't think Lucious would have rescued the gang, even with his shield operating.

Originally posted by russ_sg1 View Post
                        I seem to like coming up with atlantis stories when I should be working
                        I know what you mean...
                        Some of the best ideas happen to come to mind when they are totally unlooked for.
                        Twinchy---
                        sigpic
                        FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

I have no problems with either Irreistable or Irresponsible. I really don't know what people have a problem with.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            I have no problems with either Irreistable or Irresponsible. I really don't know what people have a problem with.
                            They have no sense of humour that's why.
                            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I didn't mind the episode at all, except the ending. I just think they completely missed the boat with Kolya, but what's done is done.
                              sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                              &
                              AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Working...
                              X