X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    *cocky smile* *rollseye*
    Now the shoes in the other court!... or the balls on the other foot...
    *cocky smile vanishes... dazed look*
    Yeah, well, at least we still get LOST first. Anyway, it's still North America. It's kind of like how the UK keeps getting shows on DVD before we get them in the US. Due South, Earth Final Conflict, etc.

Prophet, do you visit the LOST boards at all?

Cheers!
    Em
    Emerald
    ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
    I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
      Actually the part of North America the show is made in is Canada, and you know what, they got it first.
      That's why I said North America. Still. There's an ocean of difference. But really. Can someone hook me up? Or know where to point me?

Cheers!
      Em
      Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
        That's why I said North America. Still. There's an ocean of difference. But really. Can someone hook me up? Or know where to point me?

Cheers!
        Em
        I was more trying to point out that when you said that those in the UK get to watch it before those in North America you were incorrect.

Anyways I am sure that there are times that people in the UK are somewhat jealous. There are a lot of movies that show here in the US before they show there. It all balances out in the end.
        Weir: He's just a boy!
        Jinto: I am Jinto.
        Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Cheers!
          Em
          No. It's illegal to do what you suggest, and thus is a banned topic at GateWorld. No one should suggest or talk about Downloading here, unless it's Itunes (which it won't be until Sci-Fi airs it), so please don't ask. And please, no one 'point' Em anywhere - it's happened so much lately the mods are likely to come down very hard on you.

Originally posted by The Rules
          Episode downloads. Do not use GateWorld to request, trade, or advertise downloads of copyrighted films or television programs, including Stargate. Keep any such conversations in private e-mail -- no exceptions

As for the topic ... well - the American's get most shows first and as a Brit, i'm the one having to avoid all the threads with spoilers in. And overall, it's not that hard to do.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Yeah, well, at least we still get LOST first. Anyway, it's still North America. It's kind of like how the UK keeps getting shows on DVD before we get them in the US. Due South, Earth Final Conflict, etc.

Prophet, do you visit the LOST boards at all?

Cheers!
            Em

I visit the Gateworls sub-forum, and sometimes dabble in Lost forums, but not really found a place to settle down yet, any recomendations?

Comment

Originally posted by zilexa View Post
              I am so happy I can watch both shows again in a few more days
              *is jealous* Thanks for posting this. I was just wondering about this and was happy to find your post. So I'm replying to bump it as well. Um and if you happen to know how this person in the US can not have to wait on Sci Fi for the eps... I'd be awfully happy.

Cheers!
              Em
              Emerald

Comment

*is jealous* Thanks for posting this. I was just wondering about this and was happy to find your post. So I'm replying to bump it as well. Um and if you happen to know how this person in the US can not have to wait on Sci Fi for the eps... I'd be awfully happy.

Cheers!
                Em
                You might want to stop asking how to get the episodes. Really the only ways would be illegal and thus it is a banned subject...although I can suggest moving to Canada and getting a subscription to the channel.
                Weir: He's just a boy!
                Jinto: I am Jinto.
                Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

I visit the Gateworls sub-forum, and sometimes dabble in Lost forums, but not really found a place to settle down yet, any recomendations?
                  Well, thefuselage.com is the official-est one. The writers and some of the actors often visit there. Terry O'Quinn and Jorge Garcia are wonderful about answering questions on the Threaded board and will sometimes chat it up on the linear board. The exec producers and writers are generall pretty friendly as well. Plus, it's heavily moderated, so you aren't likely to get unwanted spoilers. The only thing is that they do not allow ANY discussion of the actors' personal lives, good or bad. But it's great for LOST talk. Over the summer break, they did a while online interactive thing that gave out lots of fun information that isn't in any episodes. And every year, they hold a special event in Los Angeles which is usually attended by as many of the cast and crew as are available. It's a big crowded place though. But a good place.

I might try the one here. I've gotten more and more obsessed with Atlantis over the past few months. It's good to be able to just visit here and then have some nice discussions about LOST without having to wander around.

Okay, so I'm new here, but I think I'll probably be around more. I just have to figure out how to get completely caught up. I know I watched season 2, and yet the eps they're showing in syndication... It's like seeing them for the first time because I'm actually paying attention.

Cheers!
                  Em
                  Emerald

Comment

...that the UK gets episodes of a show made in North America before the North Americans! I hate seeing threads about episodes I haven't seen. *pout*

Good thing I don't mind spoilers.

That said... Can anyone hook me up?

Cheers!
                    Em
                    There is only Sci-Fi to blame for the hiatus. It was them who put it back a few months in order to run BSG S3 all the way through.

The UK gets 2nd half of S10 every year at this particular time. So why should they be held back months because Sci-Fi decide to fark about with the timetables. Canada gets 2nd half of Atlantis well before US & UK.

Not to mention SG-1 always premiered in July. While UK had to wait till around October before the new season started. Hence the UK folk are forced to wait all those months before they can even see the 1st half of the season. So if we are all forced wait, what's the harm in you having to wait a few extra months for the conclusion to S10. It's real easy, get a calendar & tick the days off 1 by 1 until the time comes around where you can see it.

Put it this way, after S10 finishes. There will be much, much, much less SG-1 on every year from now on. So that means much, much, much more waiting before you get to see new SG-1 stories from that point on. Hence we'll all get plenty of practise waiting after S10. At least this way, you'll get a little head start on the old patience game before the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                      No. It's illegal to do what you suggest, and thus is a banned topic at GateWorld. No one should suggest or talk about Downloading here, unless it's Itunes (which it won't be until Sci-Fi airs it), so please don't ask.
                      Okie dokie. Totally understood. I can even edit my posts if you think I should. As for avoiding spoilers... That's not my problem. My problem is that I have no context for the spoilers! LOL! I read them and go "huh?" Oh well. I'll just have to wait.

Cheers!
                      Em
                      Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                        You might want to stop asking how to get the episodes. Really the only ways would be illegal and thus it is a banned subject...although I can suggest moving to Canada and getting a subscription to the channel.
                        Yes, I did see that in the other thread. I will indeed stop hinting about it. I guess I will just have to wait. *pout* I would have moved to Canada ages ago if I weren't such a baby about the cold. Canada rocks!

Cheers!
                        Em
                        Emerald

Comment

Well, thefuselage.com is the official-est one. The writers and some of the actors often visit there. Terry O'Quinn and Jorge Garcia are wonderful about answering questions on the Threaded board and will sometimes chat it up on the linear board. The exec producers and writers are generall pretty friendly as well. Plus, it's heavily moderated, so you aren't likely to get unwanted spoilers. The only thing is that they do not allow ANY discussion of the actors' personal lives, good or bad. But it's great for LOST talk. Over the summer break, they did a while online interactive thing that gave out lots of fun information that isn't in any episodes. And every year, they hold a special event in Los Angeles which is usually attended by as many of the cast and crew as are available. It's a big crowded place though. But a good place.

I might try the one here. I've gotten more and more obsessed with Atlantis over the past few months. It's good to be able to just visit here and then have some nice discussions about LOST without having to wander around.

Okay, so I'm new here, but I think I'll probably be around more. I just have to figure out how to get completely caught up. I know I watched season 2, and yet the eps they're showing in syndication... It's like seeing them for the first time because I'm actually paying attention.

Cheers!
                          Em
                          Awesome! I've looked at thefuslage.com, but not actually joined, but I think you've persuaded me Lol, yeah Gateworld's a lovely place, a lot of variaty in the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                            No. It's illegal to do what you suggest, and thus is a banned topic at GateWorld. No one should suggest or talk about Downloading here, unless it's Itunes (which it won't be until Sci-Fi airs it), so please don't ask. And please, no one 'point' Em anywhere - it's happened so much lately the mods are likely to come down very hard on you.

It's OK to point people in the right direction in a PM.

Comment

Awesome! I've looked at thefuslage.com, but not actually joined, but I think you've persuaded me Lol, yeah Gateworld's a lovely place, a lot of variaty in the fans.
                              Cool! I think I'll stick around.

Cheers!
                              Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                It's OK to point people in the right direction in a PM.
                                Well, I actually was all too glad for the reminder that season 2 eps may be available as well. In a legal-type way. I don't have to wait for them to air on Sundays. Thanks for the thoughts though!

Cheers!
                                Em
                                Emerald

Comment

Working...
                                X