Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose if there was an emergency, they could gate in or, or drop off another zpm for atlantis to use to go to full power.

All that being said, i've been watching Stargate since its 3rd season, and this was the first time for either series i got to see a show on tv air first. Always got the leftovers here in Canada, but i got some intro tv deal from telus tv which includes movie central that play Atlantis without commercials, I was pretty stoked about that.. too bad they don't pick up SG1

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post

Spoiler:
      ughhh why would they give away their zpm? thats the stupidest thing ever. and the odysessy cant defend against the orii becuz the ori are like the ancients. and no zpm can defend against that. what a waste
      Well,
      Spoiler:
      Look at it from the perspective of Homeworld Security. The defense of Earth is a high priority given the very serious and looming Ori threat. Also, protection of the limited earth fleet is up there considering the time required to build another vessel. Finally, Atlantis has in the past continued to maintain operations without or with only one ZPM, unless an emergency arises it's probably assumed to be fine to continue having one module.

It may be a moot point given the technology differences, or it might be the one thing that turns the tide of war.

Its a cost/benefit thing I guess.

-Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Rizen View Post
        Well,
        Spoiler:
        Look at it from the perspective of Homeworld Security. The defense of Earth is a high priority given the very serious and looming Ori threat. Also, protection of the limited earth fleet is up there considering the time required to build another vessel. Finally, Atlantis has in the past continued to maintain operations without or with only one ZPM, unless an emergency arises it's probably assumed to be fine to continue having one module.

It may be a moot point given the technology differences, or it might be the one thing that turns the tide of war.

Its a cost/benefit thing I guess.

-Alex
        Good point! and welcome to the forum Rizen
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zod5000 View Post
          I suppose if there was an emergency, they could gate in or, or drop off another zpm for atlantis to use to go to full power.

All that being said, i've been watching Stargate since its 3rd season, and this was the first time for either series i got to see a show on tv air first. Always got the leftovers here in Canada, but i got some intro tv deal from telus tv which includes movie central that play Atlantis without commercials, I was pretty stoked about that.. too bad they don't pick up SG1
          You guys got the 2nd half of Atlantis before he US last year. I don't know about season 1, though.

Comment

Do you get to see the Whales? lol and they seems to be super smart aswell anyidea what there name is apart from "the whales"?

i was hopping that by the spoiler the "known langauge" could have been something cool like erm i don't know the... furlings? But then i figured how can whales make teleporters? lol
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I just watched the whole episode and it was a great episode. Such a smart written episode even though not alot of guns blazing going. Nice going with the continuity with Sam the whale. I can't wait to hear what the real Sam Carter would thinks when she shows up and McKay tells her that he named a whale after her. hehehe

Comment

Please don't ask for illegal download links - it is strictly against GW rules.
                sigpic

Comment

what she said

do NOT ask for or post download links here.

this is 100% non-negotiable. Gateworld will not be used to traffic illegal downloads. Now if anyone wants to discuss issues getting the episodes via i-tunes, have a blast. but that is the ONLY alternative method allowed to be discussed here (oh, and amazon unbox)

everything else is forbidden

thank you for your understanding and adherance to the rules
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                    You guys got the 2nd half of Atlantis before he US last year. I don't know about season 1, though.
                    Yah, but its a specialty channel it gets aired on, and I was still in the dark ages of analog cable until this summer. So getting Atlantis and HBO shows has been quite the plus.

Comment

Working...
                    X