Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why were the Ancients so calm and why didnt the expedition know about the panel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a thought: what if the expedition did in fact explore that part of the city, but only when it was powered down?

If none of the lights were on, then they wouldn't have seen the Jumpers through that window that O'Neill looked through, so they might have thought it was just an empty room.

But maybe they thought that it could also be a Jumper Bay, so now that they had the chance to use it, they decided to take a look at it?

Comment

Why were the Ancients so calm and why didnt the expedition know about the panel?
      Ancients were calm because they are arrogant and over-confident. They stay above the fray of the lowers and their reactions to situations.

Quite a few of the discoveries on Atlantis are by accident. In the first episode, Sheppard thought about where to go in the pj, a map pops up on-screen, thought about how to find his people, a life signs detector popped out. He probably never came through the gate and thought, how do I sieze control of the city and lock everyone out, so no magic panel popped out. You have to ask first and be in the right place when asking.

Perhaps now the team will start to ask and seek more hidden items that were under their noses the entire time. Doubtful, but one can hope

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
        And also, Ancients aren't all the same. They're probably like us, they have scientists, doctors, soldiers etc. The ones on the Tria were military, I doubt they would know how to creat ZPM. It's like thinking Marines would know how to make Nuclear Generators. just because they're humans.
        That's a good point. We've already seen that military Ancients are, if anything, bigger jarheads than human soldiers (Aurara). I doubt they'd know how to make a ZPM, even if Atlantis were capable of it. Besides, we have no idea what materials are required to make a ZPM. Or what infastructure is needed (material processing units of some kinda, power generators, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
          That's a good point. We've already seen that military Ancients are, if anything, bigger jarheads than human soldiers (Aurara). I doubt they'd know how to make a ZPM, even if Atlantis were capable of it. Besides, we have no idea what materials are required to make a ZPM. Or what infastructure is needed (material processing units of some kinda, power generators, etc).
          Must've skipped my post where i replied to his post. If the ancients are capable of storing all their knowledge into a database with the ability to transfer all the knowledge into whoever steps into reach of the "hand" then what makes you think just because they are military they dont have the knowledge of scientists etc. Sure military soldiers are better at what they do but come on they're the ancients. I could easily say every ancient stepped in line and i dont know stuck their head into one of those head sucking things right when they're born.

Comment

Do we know when they built those head-grabbers? It could've very well be after the Lantians came back to Earth.

Comment

I doubt that since they're suppose to contain all of the ancients knowledge. They only brought back little or nothing at all when they came back to earth. If they were able to create those head grabber thingies after they came back. Why couldnt they rebuild their great civilization? They just didnt have enough technology and well they would also have had to store all their info on a memory card or something and bring it with them to Earth in hopes they have a memory card adapter. unlikely eh

Comment

You do have a good point there...but I think they might be created much MUCH later.

Like...after they ascended, but that's a theory for another time.

Comment

Creating it after they ascended breaks their own rule of non inference.

Comment

Like I said, it's a theory for another time.

Comment

just because they can build an head-sucker that gives you ancient knowledge doesnt mean they can rebuild their civilization. Although it does make me wonder how janus got the materials to make the second time-travel puddlejumper, and how merlin got the materials in a medieval world to build that phase device, and that ascended being killing weapon. Its also my observation that when the lantians left Atlantis, that for reason they didnt bother to check on the status of earth before they evacuated there, they just assumed the planet was fine, the stargate was accessible and no one was living there. What makes me thing that is because in the pegasus project, Morgan Le Fay says they were surprised to find that earth was a harsh land, with primitive people.

If there is a Z.P.M. factory in atlantis, that doesnt mean they have to have found it already. For all we know they made the zpm's in a small lab somewhere in atlantis. Also the ancients had never encountered a civilization before the wraith that was a threat to them and because there arent many zpms out there, they probably never had a need for a large place to mass produce them since its been show that zpm's can last thousands of years.
                      Last edited by mlund05; 25 November 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlund05 View Post
                        just because they can build an head-sucker that gives you ancient knowledge doesnt mean they can rebuild their civilization. Although it does make me wonder how janus got the materials to make the second time-travel puddlejumper, and how merlin got the materials in a medieval world to build that phase device, and that ascended being killing weapon. Its also my observation that when the lantians left Atlantis, that for reason they didnt bother to check on the status of earth before they evacuated there, they just assumed the planet was fine, the stargate was accessible and no one was living there. What makes me thing that is because in the pegasus project, Morgan Le Fay says they were surprised to find that earth was a harsh land, with primitive people.

If there is a Z.P.M. factory in atlantis, that doesnt mean they have to have found it already. For all we know they made the zpm's in a small lab somewhere in atlantis. Also the ancients had never encountered a civilization before the wraith that was a threat to them and because there arent many zpms out there, they probably never had a need for a large place to mass produce them since its been show that zpm's can last thousands of years.
                        True but think of what you need to create a head sucky thingy. That technology can store like all the knowledge of the ancients. That itself should explain how much time and effort and even technology required to create such a device. So far in SG1 we have barely seen any cities or civilizations that show the ancients created the head sucky thingy after they came back. All thats left are some outposts and some weapons which were all created before the ancients came back to our galaxy. So for them to create such a device AFTER they came back there should be some signs like rebuilding even a village of hi-tech equipment.

So my theory is they created everything in the milky way while Atlantis was stationed on Earth and not after they stepped through after Atlantis submerged

Comment

The Ancients were originally from the milky way galaxy. They created some outposts and stuff and then went on to the pegasus. So when they returned to Earth i'm sure they just figured it was a safe place having an outpost in Antarctica and all. And they already seeded life so they probobly figured again everyone in the milky way were too young to be able to harm them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                            True but think of what you need to create a head sucky thingy. That technology can store like all the knowledge of the ancients. That itself should explain how much time and effort and even technology required to create such a device. So far in SG1 we have barely seen any cities or civilizations that show the ancients created the head sucky thingy after they came back. All thats left are some outposts and some weapons which were all created before the ancients came back to our galaxy. So for them to create such a device AFTER they came back there should be some signs like rebuilding even a village of hi-tech equipment.

So my theory is they created everything in the milky way while Atlantis was stationed on Earth and not after they stepped through after Atlantis submerged
                            I never actually said I thought they built them after they returned from Atlantis. I think that most likely they did build them at some point while Atlantis was still on earth, possibly around the time of the plague. You still bring up a good point though about signs of rebuilding. if merlin build the phase device, the ascended being weapon and all the other stuff he built, how did he come up with the resources for that stuff in medieval earth. Because it could not have been easy to build that stuff during that time period, especially with the ascended ancients watching your back all the time.

Comment

Well, with an Ascended Being's knowledge, I'm sure he managed to make stuff with what he had.

He might have even "borrowed" some stuff from earlier Ancient constructs.

Comment

Working...
                              X