Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The easiest way IMHO, is to get huge amounts of de-wraithfying agent, and a butt load of poison to realease like the de-wraithfying agent, turning them into humans, then killing them. Then we take their ships and slavage fill them with nukes, set them to auto pilot to the another enemy hive set them off, lower their sheilds and do it all over again. Sketchy on the details, but it would work...I think...

EDIT: And an even easier way, send them to the Ori galaxy, thats a rich new feeding ground. Kills two birds with one hive!

Comment

I haven't taken place in this conversation as of yet, so I have no idea what ideas have been brought forth and whatnot, but...

I think the Wraith would lose, easily. I mean, how difficult would it be for the Asurans to poison their food source (or at least lace them with the nanites). The Wraith wouldn't know when feeding, but after a few hours, they'd begin having attacks by the nanites. The Wraith would ultimately be finding itself without a food source (and become extinct).

Not all that difficult, and due to the current situations in Pegasus, highly unlikely the Wraith would know any better until several hives show up to cull and their people start getting sick and dying. Then they're left without a food source, and with a virus that attacks the Wraith on what I assume to be a cellular level, suddenly Beckett's retrovirus springs to mind.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I agree with rarocks. Are we all really thinking that the Wraith could defeat the Asurans? Yes, perhaps they'd both end up anihalited, but I think it is far more likely that the Asurans would kick butt.

The Asurans can't be fed upon, way more advanced (AND YES, before you become all condescending and start going on and on about the Lantians being defeated, stop and think. There are more Asurans then there were Lantians [I think, but that could be speculation.]** ), can replicate, and seem to be able to build ships faster, since being replicators.

** - The Lantians only had a city ship to populate, not a huge city like Asuras. It stands to reason that the Asurans would build a city for an increasing population. The Lantians just had Atlantis.

And also, plz attack and destroy my argument, not me....

That's my humble opinion, what's yours?
        If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago...

Spoiler:
        "I miss Thor..."

Baal: He's tiny - have him squeeze through the bars
        Teal'c: Assist us or I will squeeze you through these bars...

Oberoth: Lower your weapons.
        Lt. Col. Sheppard: [not moving] How much lower would you like ‘em?

[Zelenka gives, in Czech, a poetic description of the rising of Atlantis]
        Lt. Ford: You didn’t say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
        Dr. Zelenka: Security clearance?

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
          I haven't taken place in this conversation as of yet, so I have no idea what ideas have been brought forth and whatnot, but...

I think the Wraith would lose, easily. I mean, how difficult would it be for the Asurans to poison their food source (or at least lace them with the nanites). The Wraith wouldn't know when feeding, but after a few hours, they'd begin having attacks by the nanites. The Wraith would ultimately be finding itself without a food source (and become extinct).

Not all that difficult, and due to the current situations in Pegasus, highly unlikely the Wraith would know any better until several hives show up to cull and their people start getting sick and dying. Then they're left without a food source, and with a virus that attacks the Wraith on what I assume to be a cellular level, suddenly Beckett's retrovirus springs to mind.
          The Asuran nanites couldn't even kill Dr Weir, an average middle aged human female.

I think their capabilities as weapons of mass destruction are more than a little overrated. Earth already has access to countless types of poisons in both gas, liquid, virus and powder form that would have killed the good doctor in minutes, hours or days when the supposedly uber nanobots hilariously failed because Shep held her hand.

Since they were never fully finished as an experiment I think we can probably say that this part of their development was one of the things that was never really finished. Either that or the ancients suck so hard at making weapons like this that their sucking from the ascended realm is actually the force that binds the universe together.

There's no saving them by claiming that they're only meant to poison/kill Wraith either. Nanobots are microscopic machines that would presumably cause damage by physically attacking living cells. They don't kill you by chemical reactions like real poisons so there's no way for them to just not "match" with the chemical makeup of a given species in such a way as to be able to kill it. Their physical attack method should work on anything, IF of course they weren't so wimpy that ordinary white bloodcells from an ordinary human woman could slap them around.

At the rate the Wraith can apparently regenerate damaged tissue trying to kill them with a gradual progression of microscopic cellular level attacks is probably the single stupidest way you could ever try to kill them. Which is probably exactly why the ancients hit on that as the best way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamilas Arrondil
            I agree with rarocks. Are we all really thinking that the Wraith could defeat the Asurans? Yes, perhaps they'd both end up anihalited, but I think it is far more likely that the Asurans would kick butt.

The Asurans can't be fed upon, way more advanced (AND YES, before you become all condescending and start going on and on about the Lantians being defeated, stop and think. There are more Asurans then there were Lantians [I think, but that could be speculation.]** ), can replicate, and seem to be able to build ships faster, since being replicators.

** - The Lantians only had a city ship to populate, not a huge city like Asuras. It stands to reason that the Asurans would build a city for an increasing population. The Lantians just had Atlantis.

My opinion is that right the wraith would crush the asurans...these are my points...

1) i agree the wraith wouldn't be able to feed on asurans, they're mechanical and i can't see what the wraith would be able to absorb and they may end up with a fist full of nanites...

2)the asurans are more advanced due to their lantian heritage but the wraith aren't pushovers either we've seen they're mastery of computer virus's i'm sure they could cook something up for the asurans and technology doesn't win a war (atleast not all the time)...

3) there were way, way, way more ancients than asurans the asurans have a population of millions the ancients controled an entire galaxy for millions of years 1000's of planets they nurtured it wasn't just the ancients against the wraith it was the entire human galaxy which had been nurtured technologically by the ancients aswell...

4) we don't know how they build their ships, and it's doubtful they could build them faster than the wraith who were able to beat the ancients despite losing many of the battles fought (superior infastructure for building ships)...

5) the ancients did not just have atlantis is was only their capital they controled the galaxy, in a very real sense the entire galaxy was ancient....

The Asuran nanites couldn't even kill Dr Weir, an average middle aged human female.

I think their capabilities as weapons of mass destruction are more than a little overrated. Earth already has access to countless types of poisons in both gas, liquid, virus and powder form that would have killed the good doctor in minutes, hours or days when the supposedly uber nanobots hilariously failed because Shep held her hand.

Since they were never fully finished as an experiment I think we can probably say that this part of their development was one of the things that was never really finished. Either that or the ancients suck so hard at making weapons like this that their sucking from the ascended realm is actually the force that binds the universe together.
            the nano bots weren't trying to kill her they were trying to control her...

the wraith would slap the asurans who don't have te numbers or the ships to stop them, the only thing keeping the wraith from dominating not just the pegasus galaxy but every galaxy is their food limitions....
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
              My opinion is that right the wraith would crush the asurans...
              indeed they would.

the wraith would slap the asurans who don't have te numbers or the ships to stop them, the only thing keeping the wraith from dominating not just the pegasus galaxy but every galaxy is their food limitions....
              why would they try to control weirs body??? if they succeded weir would only be shot with a stun gun and restrained unitl beckett could figure it out. but they did attack wraith cells and destroyed them.

2)the asurans are more advanced due to their lantian heritage but the wraith aren't pushovers either we've seen they're mastery of computer virus's i'm sure they could cook something up for the asurans and technology doesn't win a war (atleast not all the time)...
              if the full force of the wraith gathered and came to asuras asurans would be anihilated. no doubt. we havent seen a race that could fight off such a big armada. if all the hives opend fire on the planet the instant they dropped out of hiperspace then there would be no defence. the ancient shield would be depleted in seconds a few moments later there would be nothing left on the surface.

Originally posted by Tamilas Arrondil

exceuse me...

how many times do WE have to tell you to stop speculating. the facts are that we have only seen 4 or 5 atlantis type ships and one already destroyed. thats what the asurans have. they have nothing else. and lanteans left their homeworld in the ori galaxy in a GREAT SHIP. we dont have any info whatsoever about that ship. it could be destroyed million years ago. but it wasnt the atlantis for sure. also atlantis is not the only city the ancients had. there are atlantis type ships on athos in on the world we saw in the tower. also a whole city where the project arcturus was developed + outposts like in antarctica. and the anceints built their city of Lantea on their homeworld in pegasus. those are the facts.

who can built ships faster, who's got superrior numbers and so on is pointless speculation.
              Last edited by ziga1980; 04 October 2006, 02:28 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

atlantis is the only city that has never fallen. thats about atlantis.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know about that, what would be the point? Even if they weren't trying to kill her though that doesn't change the fact that in the end they were thwarted and entirely destoyed by the attacking white bloods cells of a middle aged woman.

As for the Wraith tissue we have no idea how much beckett put in, or what type of tissue it was. It could have just been something stupid and entirely defencless like Wraith hair. Hardly a full on Wraith immune system to deal with there. Eating a little bit of seperated Wraith tissue is a big difference from attacking a Wraith body.

For one thing Wraith tissue that's still conncected to the wraith body rapidly regenerates even from macroscopic damage like gunshots. Regenerating from microscopic physical damage (such as that caused by attacking nanobots) would be trvial by comparison.

It also took all the nanobots focussing on that one area just to consume that small amount of Wraith tissue in a timely fashion. It seems that they're just programmed to always attack Wraith tissue as their top priority. So when Beckett indroduced some to Weir's body they stopped attacking her and focussed on it instead.

Comment

people..why are we fighting the wraith anyway??? they dont know atlantis still exists so whats the point??? oh i belive i'm starting to see the whole picture. we play good guys and claim that everyone thats not with us is evil. and we want to be heros saving another galaxy. but who are we to decide who's evil??? wraith arent evil they just need to eat. cows would claim that we're evil, cuz we turn them into a steak. but you never think of the cow when you're hungry and you want to eat a steak.

also why did we fight goa'ulds. they never attacked us nor were they planning on doing that in the future.

we have the abbility to covertly explore the galaxy so why would we want to get rid of the wraith? to make our staying in pegasus more comofortable? they can't come for earth. so they're harmless. to us.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
                      well are you stupid mate?
                      If you can't have a sensible conversation without insulting people, please leave, and come back when you've settled down a bit.

how many times do WE have to tell you to stop speculating.
                      Er, this is a discussion board for a fictional programme. If we were not able to speculate (interpret, muse, extrapolate...) this would not be a discussion board for a fictional programme. It would be a transcript site. We'd quote lines of dialogue at each other, and never be able to do anything else.

Ease up on telling people whether they can speculate or not. It's not your thread, it's a communal one.

Madeleine
                      GateWorld Moderator

... Besides, if there was a way to know 'How to defeat the wraith' *without* any speculation, wouldn't Shep or Rodney or that cute Czech fella have already done it?

Madeleine

Comment

How to defeat the Wraith!

Why do we have to defeat or kill the Wraith? They are intelligent and their origin is human. I think the best way to have coexistence with them is to find a way to provide them with food. I have an idea - please don't smile and mock - what if Becket discovers a gen therapy and makes human DNA that can repair from Wraith feeding? So the Wraith will be able to feed upon their worshippers without killing them?
                        LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                        Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                        http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                        My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith
                          How to defeat the Wraith!

Why do we have to defeat or kill the Wraith? They are intelligent and their origin is human. I think the best way to have coexistence with them is to find a way to provide them with food. I have an idea - please don't smile and mock - what if Becket discovers a gen therapy and makes human DNA that can repair from Wraith feeding? So the Wraith will be able to feed upon their worshippers without killing them?

no comment...

wraith don't eat human cells. they suck your life.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
                            no comment...

wraith don't eat human cells. they suck your life.
                            Excuse me but as I remembered in Common Ground Becket said that the ageing is a bypass product of the Wraith feeding. They suck something that we still don't know what. They can be poisoned if one of the enzimes that they inject into humans is blocked. What if they suck specific enzime combination from human body? And because of the lost of these enzimes human die?
                            LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                            Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                            http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                            My fan fiction

Comment

What if as part of their programming they are hardwired to shut down or disassemble themselves once the Wraith are defeated?

After all, the Asurans were created with that as their one specific function. Once that function was fulfilled, there would be no further need for them. And their creators would have no reason to keep them around after they've fulfilled, so why not put in a disassembly protocol in rather than have them around after they are no longer useful?

Of course, the one snag in that plan is that the Ancients didn't count on the Asurans becoming self-aware to the point they could think like humans, and want to experience things beyond fulfilling their function. And more importantly, have the capability to capitalize in any loopholes in their programming to continue to be able to do so.

Now, if I were an Asuran and I knew the instant all the Wraith were wiped out I would spontaneously shut down or disassemble I'd darn sure do my best to keep that day from coming as long as possible. I'd use every excuse or rationale to put off that moment, such as continulously calculating and refining a perfect strategy again and again ostensibly to fulfil my function.

If I was really lucky, I would never be able to come up with an optimal strategy to deal with the current circumstances, thus allowing me to continue calculating and revising, and incidentally living an interesting and pleasant existence on the side. Ideally, circumstances would get to the point that stalemate would be a stable situation, where neither the Wraith nor myself and my fellow Asurans could ever win, thus insuring our continued existence forever.

Or to put it more succinctly, the Asurans don't want to succeed in wiping out the Wraith because then they'd be out of a job. Only their "out of a job" means death.

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith
                                Excuse me but as I remembered in Common Ground Becket said that the ageing is a bypass product of the Wraith feeding. They suck something that we still don't know what. They can be poisoned if one of the enzimes that they inject into humans is blocked. What if they suck specific enzime combination from human body? And because of the lost of these enzimes human die?
                                they inject you with the enzyme to make you stronger, because otherwise you'd be dead instantly. and they suck out your life. slowly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X