The Atlantis Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Atlantis Family

I was reading the "is Sheppard an Acient" thread and got to thinking. I know that the main crew are supposed to be the best at their respective fields (or second best) but would they have gone if they had strong family ties? Ok, so your going to say what about Weir and Beckett. Well the writers couldn't make them all loners. Weir to me obviously cares more about her job than her personal life. It happens. Beckett seems to only have his mum. If their reationship is as it seems, she probably had to encourage him to go. They all went knowing they may not ever come home again. I don't think it would have worked so well if they were all married with kids on earth. This is the kind of expidition that requires unattached people devoted to their jobs looking for excitement. If asked I'm not sure I would have gone. There is also the Atlantis Family effect. Since they have no other family the main crew look to eachother as family.
    I love these guys.

if they had very strong family ties im sure they wouldnt come (like u said)
    unless they were able to take there family with?
    and yes they would start to look towards each other as a big family(especially with a civilain leader)

Comment

Well...Rodney said in 'Letters from Pegasus' that his friends in Atlantis were like a surrogate family to him, and in Sateda
      Spoiler:
      I definitely got the same impression from Sheppard
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

yeah but mckay does have a sister

Comment

yer but he cares for her still but in her eyes he didnt exsist anymore,but now there happy so this was a bit of a pointless post
          sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

September 8th, 2006, 12:40 PM was last post

December 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM was your post.

Go Green

Comment

lol
              Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X