No announcement yet.

Asuran and the milky way replicators question spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of possibilities, but all we know for a fact is that they rebuilt and then some.

It is most probably not composed of nanites and is independent technology. Otherwise escape would've been impossible, and Atlantis would be conquered right now.

So based on canonical info, I would say no.

There are, however, many alternatives....

Comment

One note. I didn't like how they 'rewrote' Niam at the end of the episode. Here is someone who helped out the Atlantis team, came with them, offered the opportunity of character development so that the humans on Atlantis could learn from a 'good-hearted' Asuran and perhaps build a relationship (if you can have rapport with a machine ..) and instead, they choose to space him and set him up to be the uber-villain for the rest of the series. Blah.

Originally posted by tobi
      So in the end it is made of the same materials atlantis is made of, because it's a perfect imitation.
      The Lanteans razed the outpost that the Asurans were created on.

We've seen with the replicators that they make structures out of blocks ... so based on what we know of the milky way replicators, we're guessing that they 'recreated' a Lantean city also with Asuran blocks.

So wouldn't the blocks of the Lantean city overheard the SGA team's conversation about freezing the Asurans? Couldn't they even figure out what they were thinking if one of the SGA folks touched a table? I dunno.

---

The original replicators were made by Reese, an android made by a Lantean in exile in the Milky Way. So presumably the original replicators were way behind as far as technological advancement, because the Asurans were made directly by the Lanteans themselves. The human form replicators in SG-1 came about only with 'millions of years' of evolution, accelerated by the time dilation device of the Asgard.

The Asurans were made directly by the Lanteans, so are much more advanced than the replicators in SG1.

Asurans ~ Replicators but Asurans =/= Replicators

PS I didn't like the replicators as bad guys in SG1. The Aschen and the Genii are far better villains.

Comment

There really is no reason to believe that Asuras or any other tech of the Asurans is made of what they are made of.

There are actually many reasons to believe they simply built it, like the Lantians would.

They may be similar to the replicators in composition, but even this is different, the way they form themeselves isn't quite the same. Asurans only form Asuran bodies, and even these aren't as....artificial, as those of the Replicators.

They are more Lantian than Replicator.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Where did they get the materials to make it all, then? Extract it molecule by molecule from the molten slag left behind after the Ancients bombed the planet?

And why bomb just the surface, anyway? If the Ancients were so intent on destroying all trace of the replicators, why not vaporize the planet instead of risking leaving anything behind?

Of course, there's still the question of why they didn't simply reprogram the reps to stop working or to repel each other or to not be aggressive or any of the other logical possibilities...
          Quit being logical, you're giving me a headache!

I would say, short of vaporizing the planet, there will always be natural resources, unless the planet is completely mined out or something. I think a better flashback would have been to show the Lantians using some disruptor tech instead of bombs on the nanites.

I'm torn between Asurans. One hand, they do have a striking resemblence to the replicators on SG-1 but there are a number of differences that make them unique. The Asurans don't have the drive to consume everything, they are aggresive but wouldn't that only be towards the Wraith? I almost would have prefered some unascended rogue Lantians but then you'd get shades of Ori or something like that. In the end I'm willing to give the Asuran story line a chance and see where they take us with it.

Comment

It is also good to remember that the Asurans also live like people, they have names, personalities, lives.

They operate technology, instead of just being technology.

These guys are more human than the Replicators, they aren't just metal with a human looking frosting like the Repli's, they are basically human, who are machiens in the cellular level.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
              It is also good to remember that the Asurans also live like people, they have names, personalities, lives.

They operate technology, instead of just being technology.

These guys are more human than the Replicators, they aren't just metal with a human looking frosting like the Repli's, they are basically human, who are machiens in the cellular level.
              the Asuran after seeing first strike defiantly do have a better concept on weapons technology the old replicators did.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
              X