Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith don't need shields because their brave and expendable. More hive ships will likely take their place once the previous ships are obliterated. Hatak's are going to get pawned by them monsterous hives. Just look what they were able to do with the ancient satellite and the Atlantis shield.
    Last edited by EyeStrain; 28 July 2006, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tobi
      You're only proving my point, if a hatak takes a nuke it has no scratch, the hive was seriously damaged. And if it had a shield there also would't have been secondary explosions in the dart bay. And you saw what sheppard did with the darts, they couldn't stop him from docking to the hive.
      From the Goa'uld's first attack on earth (season 1 cliffhander/season 2 1st episode), it would seem without shields a naqueda-enhanced nuke would destroy a Ha'tak. Remember how ansy Apophis was getting that Korrel hadn't raised his shields? I bet you had that nuke hit Korrel's Ha'tak would have been destroyed. But he raised the shields and the nuke was destroyed.

With a Hive Ship, a nuke (I'm assuming naquada-enhanced), only further damaged an already damaged Hive Ship. I'm betting it would take 2 or even 3 nuke impacts to take out a Hive Ship, and they have hundreds of Darts buzzing around defending the Hive, plus their impressive weaponry (does anyone have any source that describes what kind of firepower the Hives have? I love their weapons but have no idea what exactly they fire... other then they are rapid-fire) to take out approaching missiles.

Comment

I don't doubt that a hatak without shield would be blown up by a nuke. But the point is that they have, without them they would be no match.

Comment

[QUOTE][I don't doubt that a hatak without shield would be blown up by a nuke. But the point is that they have, without them they would be no match./QUOTE]
          please a ha'tak was taken out by 1 or 2 drones a single drone wasn't even able to destroy a wraith cruisor i'm sorry but ha'taks construction isn't tough enough to withstand a multi megaton nuke which is what a hiveship took....shields aren't everything and the hiveships are covered in huge plates of regerative armour like atleast 50m the blue/purple parts of the hive are the armour...
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

You have to start reading right. Drones cut through shields, so of course e hive can withstand much more than a hatak. And the regenerative part is not that important in a battle. And they even needed Mckays help to do that.

Comment

So now we're saying "Ha'taks are useless without their shields"? Let's not forget the Daedalus has Asgard shielding technology (though inferior).

Let's, oh, strip the Daedalus of it's shield and pit it against a Ha'tak without a shield or hive ship and see how many minutes, maybe seconds it'll last!

tobi: They did not need McKay's help to have the ship regenerate. All he did was expedite matters by manually fixing some systems because the hive was heavily damaged in their fake fight against the other hive (which made it an even easier target in "No Man's Land"). It was because the Wraith were impatient and wanted it done right away. Had they waited a few days, weeks, months, whatever, the hive would've been back to Mint condition.

Regarding drones, drones are much stronger than anything we have. Besides, the drones didn't blow up ships per se. They pierce the ships and slash around inside and outside of it, instigating an explosion from what the ships are made out of! So it's not about how strong the hulls are against ballistic attacks, it's that the drone technology is so far beyond us and so intricate that two can take out a Ha'tak (though not instantly).

Comment

We don't say that they're useless without shields. They just wouldn't stand a chance against a hive. Shieldless deadalus against shieldless hatak would be interesting to see who wins.

Comment

No ship stands a chance against a hive besides the Ori ships and possibly Asgard ships (from the ships we've seen so far).

Comment

And some of the uberships of the gou'ld would kick they're asses as well

Comment

with shields or without a hive would batter a ha'tak...there are 5 ships that i've seen that could take a hive
                      -oneill
                      -anubis supership
                      -ancient city ship
                      -ancient warship
                      -ori mothership
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

replicators? and i'm still not certain that the deadalus can't take out a single hive with a missile spam.

Comment

Misbegotten showed a hive shooting a planet and making explosions easily visible from orbit. It also showed the same hiveship taking dozens of hits from another one to destroy it. They're might not have shields but they're no where near as weak as a lot of people think they are.

A hiveship with shields would be an obscenity that would stomp all over everything else in Stargate. If their bare hull can already resist dozens of shots from what I'm told are gigaton level weapons based on the misbegotten scene, than adding shields on top of that.... yeah forget about it.

Comment

Those hive ships are just awesome!

Spoiler:
                            Using the Hive Ships to destroy an Ori ship

Comment

those weapons are increadible, the bolts are as big as the 304! shows how strong our shields are
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

This latest episode showed that
                                Spoiler:
                                hives are pretty damn fast and agile for their size to. It pulled the same manuver the Daedalus did despite probably weighing about a hundred times more.

Also, skimming next to a black hole and flying through the accretion disk for a somewhat protracted period with no shields apparently needed.

I remember reading somewhere that that a typical accretion disk is like a couple million kelvin in temperature.

Comment

Working...
                                X