• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progeny and Real World plot summaries ------ massive spoilers------

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...ogenythe.shtml

HOLY crap!
    Spoiler:
    they (tptb) changed them from nanites to replicators. i really wanna see the asgard reaction now. they'd be all O C'MON!!!!!! we just ownd them a year ago. lol am i right? now for some asuran vs ori (ori = soldiers/priors/ships etc not the ori them selves cuz it's no contest)
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Its a summary - it doesn't go into much detail,
    Spoiler:
    changing nanites to replicators is probably just to cut down on detail for the article

Nothing really new in this summary though - mostly old info with a few small details
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      Human form replicators have always been made out of nanites, and the replicators have always used nanotech (even the blocky ones must have produced more blocks and nanotech is one of the only techs that can 'eat' a material and turn it into another shape on such a small scale). I doubt the Asurans are Replicators per se (they would have had millenia to turn all of Pegasus into themselves, so I doubt their prime motive is replication), but they have such a similiar form to the human form replicators that the guy who wrote the summary for sci-fi decided to call them that.

Comment

It isn't necesarily the same Repli. They are the First forms of them. Reece made the second form of them. So are they Replicators or Humaniods. People realy need to make up there mind because I am sure TPTB knows exactly what they are. This is the ep. I am waiting for the most.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

O'ya my fellow stargate fans..... The thread says massive sproilers so you don't have to put sprioler tags on everything.
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

I think they call them replicators just because they were nanites and can do the hand thingy. I think they have all of the abilities of human form replicators except actual replication.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

they are first, so the wraith response to replicators must be horrified.

and why spoiler tags, we are in the season 3 thread, if someone doesnt want spoilers they shouldnt click there.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I think they just werent programed to replicate like Reeces. They didn't start doing that until she commanded them to. So these knew ones want to be everything like the Anceints, but with them or there city not being around to talk about it.

Comment

The people had nanites on Argos (see 1x08 Brief candle). So they were replicators too? I think they died at the events of Reckoning II. But O'Neill had nanites too in that episode (he began to old very quickly) so maybe they will use this event in Real World between Weir and O'Neill conversation.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                    Its a summary - it doesn't go into much detail,
                    Spoiler:
                    changing nanites to replicators is probably just to cut down on detail for the article

Nothing really new in this summary though - mostly old info with a few small details

i hope so otherwise CMON!!!!!!
                    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                      The people had nanites on Argos (see 1x08 Brief candle). So they were replicators too? I think they died at the events of Reckoning II. But O'Neill had nanites too in that episode (he began to old very quickly) so maybe they will use this event in Real World between Weir and O'Neill conversation.
                      no that was gould nanites, made to artificialy age people so the gould there could see what humans were going to evolve into
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Well it depends on the programming of these machines in the end as well. The Replicators, and I suppose this was passed to the Human Forms, purpose was to survive and replicate. While the Asurans were created to be aggressive because they are/were a weapon.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                        X