Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most fighters aren't built to engage the fleet seen in "The Siege". That's what capital ships are built for.

In terms of individual combat... 1 on 1, Puddlejumpers fare better than darts. Heck, Sheppard took on more than that and survived. But in the Siege, there were hundreds if not thousands of darts. Even 302's can't handle a dogfight of that magnitude if there were only 4 used as fighter screen (they used 4 puddlejumpers). You'd run out of ordinance.

In terms of taking out big ships... you need ships like the Orion or perhaps one of these Ancient Battleships that they talked about in the hologram.

That being said, our 304's are gunboats at best. We don't sling enough damage to be considered a capital ship in its truest sense.

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
      Will see more ancient warships in season 3 or maybe just accinet ships?.

I think so, we should expect more. Rachel Luttrell stated in a question/answer that she'll be actually "flying a large ship". So either she's doing the 'Orion'---which I doubt...or she's flying another one. So that's bound to be interesting..and I hope they get more ships...I just don't want to see Atlantis become a ship. I'm rooting against that.

And I'm hoping on seeing more ship battles...So that's gonna be cool!

VB
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
        Will see more ancient warships in season 3 or maybe just accinet ships?.

I will take it back if I am wrong, but I have a feeling the Orion will be destroyed sometime in Season 3. We need to remain the underdogs for the story to progress, and it seems the Orion fails in that respect.

Comment

I don't think it gives them an advantage. As it is, they just barely got it running and saved. I don't think it will be of tremendous use for a long while, if ever given it's age and the lack of maintenence.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
            I think so, we should expect more. Rachel Luttrell stated in a question/answer that she'll be actually "flying a large ship". So either she's doing the 'Orion'---which I doubt...or she's flying another one.
            My bets on a Hiveship.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
              My bets on a Hiveship.

Your not the only one betting on that. But it would be interesting if it was an Atlantean ship...for one reason...it would give a whole new take on the Wraith gene. And that is what I can't wait for. You bring in a Wraith gened human female flying a ship that has to be powered by Ancient DNA will have people going... "WTF?!?!?!?"

But if it is a Hive ship....I wonder how that's gonna help the Atlantis crew or what surprises might await us!
              VB

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                That being said, our 304's are gunboats at best. We don't sling enough damage to be considered a capital ship in its truest sense.
                Yeah. The are good ships to support larger capital ships. The rail guns would be effective in creating a screen against smaller ship.

The 302s would be alright against larger ships if they carreid some sort heavy missle/bomb that could effectively be delivered against enemy capital ships.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                  I will take it back if I am wrong, but I have a feeling the Orion will be destroyed sometime in Season 3. We need to remain the underdogs for the story to progress, and it seems the Orion fails in that respect.
                  i no that always happens!!!

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

I say that she'll be piloting either an Asuran ship or a Wraith Cruiser.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                      cool asuran ship dint think of that.

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General

We can shoot down the Wraith Cruiser..she said Large Ship...I don't see Cruiser as a ship. Hmmmm...could be Asuran, but in what way? How would be able to power up and start the controls...does that deal with genetics in a way? I always wondered myself in, Hot Zone....if she would have gotten affected, because she is human, but then we didn't know she was Wraith....and how the micro-tech killers would work when trying to take on the Wraith gene.

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                          We can shoot down the Wraith Cruiser..she said Large Ship...I don't see Cruiser as a ship. Hmmmm...could be Asuran, but in what way? How would be able to power up and start the controls...does that deal with genetics in a way? I always wondered myself in, Hot Zone....if she would have gotten affected, because she is human, but then we didn't know she was Wraith....and how the micro-tech killers would work when trying to take on the Wraith gene.

VB
                          gd idea

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Yeah I reckon its a dirty Wraith ship shes flying too...her having Wraith DNA and all.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                              Yeah I reckon its a dirty Wraith ship shes flying too...her having Wraith DNA and all.

hummm i dont no

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Working...
                              X