Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just try to imagine how much older & advanced that Asgard race is compared to ours, and then realize that they still haven't figured it out. That said, I would measure our time to be in the thousands and thousands of years without the Asgard's help.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
      Yeh I don't think that theyll be able to build one or very very long. The good thing about Stargate is that it is science fiction and fantasy that is set in our time here and now. If they are able to build an unbelievable power source it will make the show too futuristic. So I doubt that they'll be able build it for time. But I have no doubt that they will find ZPM's whether in SGA or SG1, but yeh and they use it to power atlantis.
      Oh but learning how to and building enormous starship after starship in the space of a few years isn't unbelievable?

Trust me, knowing the writer's they'll reveal an easier way to make ZPM's when the story suits it.

Comment

Probably, but that'll kill the show.

Recall, Carter referred to Ancient tech as being waay out of our league to reverse engineer.

Comment

Of all ancient tech, one of the ones that gets me the most if the ZPM.
          As Mckay said about recharging one, it's like recharging a universe, can't be done. So it will be interesting in the future to see how we end up magyvering one, man that's irony considering RDA is the best stargate character of all time.

I can honestly see the writers in the future bringing in some kind of primative version of a zpm, like mankinds first attempt at a real zpm, something really big that somehow plugs into altantis' zpm trinity. ...
          And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

i dont think we will find a factory for ZPMs, they were valueable shown in 'Before i sleep' where the lantians had places where they had hid ZPMs. If they had a factory (which are used to mass produce things) theyd be spitting out new zpms very freaquently, which they didnt need to do because one zpm could last for thousands maybe even closing on to a million years with no defensive measures in place. but i still would have thought they would keep atleast one back up in the city.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I would agree that they won't find a wharehouse or factory for ZPMs anywhere near Atlantis. One industrial accident and there goes the solar system!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

"they were valueable shown in 'Before i sleep' where the lantians had places where they had hid ZPMs."

Wrong. That was an Atlantian outpost. Not a hiding place. That would have been military or scientific.

Production of a ZPM would not kill the story line, if introduced now will hurt the plot. However the toppic of Atlantis's ability to fly being brought up often one has to wounder if we will see the addition of one or more ZPM's to the collection on Atlantis and a venture into space by the city. Also with the ORI threat Earth will be needing a ZPM in the near future. So they will have to locate at least one more in the comming seasons.

One more thought... What about that nice little power source that Tolen had a technologically in superior race with a better power source? - I have not watched those episodes for quite some time so I'm going to have to dig out my dvd box set to do some fact checking.

- Scott

Comment

Too bad Tollana is a wasteland (thanks to Chancellor Travell!)

Comment

The writers decide whether we'll be able to built a ZPM, not logic or ability.

I think at one point or another we'll be able to built a prototype ZPM that works for maybe one or two wormhole connections between Earth and Atlantis. Then it will take at least two years of study to build a ZPM that actually works. (Just think about how long it took to make the Prometheus fly between galaxies.) But then TPTB will invent a plot that requires yet another thing so that ZPMs are no longer of real use to us. (Like on SG-1, we first had Trinium, then Naqada, then Naqadria, and now the ZPMs.)
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I reckon that there is a factory some where, not for mass production because they're obviously valuable, i think it took the ancients massive ammounts of their resources to make which is why there is so few, it's also possable that at some point suring the war it was destroyed.

As for bringing them into the story, not likely to happen soon, think about it, if they had just a few ZPMs they could:

*Power their BC-304s shields past the point of ORI/Wraith Vulnerability
                      *Power atlantis shields/cloak/drones/chair/city/engines/factory
                      *Travel between the galaxys in about 3 days
                      *gain instant both way stargate travel
                      *Use them as massive explossives lol, set 1 to blow and send it to a wraith planet

I reckon it would ruin the story if they found a large number of ZPMs becuase it would make it almost easy for them to beat back the ORI/Wraith.

As for prototypes, maybe, i guess they can make more of those mark II naquada generators and even improve apon them so i think thats what will happen

On a side note, plug like 20 ZPMs into an asgaurd plasma weapon and fire it at the ORI?
                      Come on guys, we all know that + =

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                        The writers decide whether we'll be able to built a ZPM, not logic or ability.

I think at one point or another we'll be able to built a prototype ZPM that works for maybe one or two wormhole connections between Earth and Atlantis. Then it will take at least two years of study to build a ZPM that actually works. (Just think about how long it took to make the Prometheus fly between galaxies.) But then TPTB will invent a plot that requires yet another thing so that ZPMs are no longer of real use to us. (Like on SG-1, we first had Trinium, then Naqada, then Naqadria, and now the ZPMs.)
                        but we didnt build the intergalactic hyperdrive the asgard did, they put it into ours, the asgards aboard our ship were there to help us opperate it, if we couldnt do it originally without their help, its quite obvious its nor a earth based technology.

i dont see us building zpms, i think we will find them or find some one who will supply us with them (
                        Spoiler:
                        like if we reprogram the asurans to be friendly
                        or we find a group of ancients who were cut off in the evacuation and stayed behind

Comment

They didnt hide the ZPM's. Janus gave her the gate addresses to planets that ZPM's were on. However they were not hidden and infact in most cases they were being used for something, except in Brotherhood.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                          Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                          the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                          Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                          The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

showing their value, but i still the ancients left their city in hopes that they would come back, they didnt know when, so it would have been best if the brother hood zpm would have been left in the city. there had to have been a back up, like if the wraith ever found a way to hit the city on the bottom of the ocean they could need another zpm to give extra time

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                              showing their value, but i still the ancients left their city in hopes that they would come back, they didnt know when, so it would have been best if the brother hood zpm would have been left in the city. there had to have been a back up, like if the wraith ever found a way to hit the city on the bottom of the ocean they could need another zpm to give extra time

Hiding it somewhere else makes a lot more sense. They can always go get it once they come back. Leaving it on the city would be dangerous because the ZPM would be there if the Wraith evr managed to get on Atlantis.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

And why would they care? Most of the city needs to be activated by the ATA gene. It was convieniently when Sheppard started walking up the stairs in Rising that the lights on the stairs started switching on for example.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                                Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                                the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                                Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Working...
                                X