• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcyNeko
    We have yet to see an Alteran warship.
    ye we have weve seen two the aruoa and the oriean

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

aruoa and the oriean
      There's no such ships aruoa and the oriean. There's Aurora and Orion. Good job there, chap.

Those are light cruisers, at best. Those aren't likely the "Most powerful ships" that the hologram talked about. THOSE would be the ships that we'd be seeing in battle against the Ori.

Comment

When they probe O'Niells head they find out that we are an Off-Shoot of the Ancients and they created us through the Weapon on Dakaa and they start thinking of us as the the brothers and sisters and we too are a victim of the Ancients doing like the Wraith in the PG.

Now lets take it to SG-1. In the final battle with the Ori. The one that turns the tide. The Back us up with a couple of THEIR war ships that just destroys them like they did us.

And come on people. It's fun to talk about. Even if it will never happen.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Asurans will kick ass no matter what part of the universe, pray you get the chance to have you so called "turkey sanwhich" and eat it in the seriously unlikely event that the Asuran's go after the Ori in some random fight

p.s Here's to the 200th episode [_]>!!!!!!!
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Well...Not by choice...whos to say that the SGA team could trick them to believe that they are kin to the ancients. They may see them as a threat and go take them out lol.

Comment

I like the Kin thing. It would meaning to their evelution that our Replicators didn't get to achieve. Family. Outside of replication of ones existance and realizing your maker made more and THAT is kin.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

hopefully they can turn the asurans so they can help own the ori and the wraith.

or turn them to help against the former tenants of pegasus

Comment

I thought they were the same species just half psycho religious fanatics and half scientist

Plus everyone saw what the Orion with one salvo of Drones did to that hiveship, we also know Drones melt their way through hull and armour straight to critical systems. Even through shields the fact that the Ori drove the Ancients from their home galaxy is because they were scientists and we all know how insanely bound to Origin their soldiers are.

Who thought that Priors would be a deciding factor what's to say the Ori ever see an Asuran in ground combat why not just obliterate their forces planet or space side using ships, I know I would
                  Last edited by The Observer; 22 December 2006, 06:32 AM. Reason: Incomplete

Comment

We don't know where the Ori galaxy is. We can't sent the Asurans there.

And people reaaaaally need to stop making "Ori vs." threads. The Ori are Ascended beings. They cannot be killed (other than with Merlin's weapon and maybe even then they won't die, they'll just be incapacitated).

The Ori will always win.

Comment

Unless its "vs. Q".

Comment

[QUOTE=IcyNeko;5240069]I'm sorry, I couldn't make out what you were saying there, nemisis.

Okay, assuming we had a viable tie between SG-1 and Atlantis regarding the Asuran incursion...
                        It is unlikely that the Asurans would battle the Ori. If they have access to an Ancient Database, they would know that the enemy of the Ancients were the Ori. Since the Asurans hate only the Ancients, I doubt they would attempt to go to the Milky Way to exact their revenge, especially if they probe Weir and Woolsey's mind. They'd know that the Ancients are long dead.

Though if some ascend (Liam's peace-minded faction), they'll realize the seriousness of the Ori threat, and might go thinking differently, that they have a responsibility to fight the Ori if they're strong enough. If they tend to think differently from the Ancients, they might be more interventionist.

Assuming that they do want to go kill the Ori, they'd have a hard time doing so. The Priors seem to have telekinetic powers and are able to keep the Jaffa at bay if they wanted to. The Asurans couldn't get close. Even if they did have a means to fight the Priors, they'd have to get to a Prior in the first place: Ship battle. Sure, we'd find out who would win... City Ship or an Ori Dreadnaught. But all that is highly speculative.

Asurans also have telekinetic powers, at least Oberoth did, and VERY powerful too.

Originally posted by Eoin View Post
                        IMO its highly unlikely that the asurans will battle the ori...but I for one would love to see a AU ep where this does happen, because it could possibly be the best battle in SG1 (sorry, my addiction to battles just took over me there for a sec, but im now normal again)

Anywho... I'd say that if the asurans decided to go battle the ori, they could put up a heck of a fight and even win, but again thats just imo
                        at least on the corporeal plain

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        There's no such ships aruoa and the oriean. There's Aurora and Orion. Good job there, chap.

Those are light cruisers, at best. Those aren't likely the "Most powerful ships" that the hologram talked about. THOSE would be the ships that we'd be seeing in battle against the Ori.
                        If so, I'd love to see the larger classes of warships.

[QUOTE=The Observer;6123315]I thought they were the same species just half psycho religious fanatics and half scientist
                        you are correct; but we don't know if the Ori evolved slightly differently because they acted differently.

And people reaaaaally need to stop making "Ori vs." threads. The Ori are Ascended beings. They cannot be killed (other than with Merlin's weapon and maybe even then they won't die, they'll just be incapacitated).

not quite; the weapon put them out of existence
                        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                        X