This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vyse
    Also, wasn't the origin of the Replicators Reese from Menace? I thought this was explained already, have TPTB forgot so much of the show's history?
    Yeah, but we don't really know where Reese came from. I seem to remember that the Asgard couldn't understand everything about her, so it had to have been a more advanced race than the Asgard that bulit her - not many races more advanced than the Asgard other than the Ancients.
    Personally I think this (storyline and episode) sounds quite cool, although I would have preferred the new bad guys to be the 'great enemy' the Ancients met on that planet, which I don't quite think is the Wraith.

It'll be good to see Jack back, but does anybody else think his reason for being there is kind of lame. "Oh no, they're early Replicators! Let's get O'Neill!" What does he really know about them that nobody else does?

Comment

Any chance you could try that again in English please, nemisis? I got something about a city ship and ZPMs and a smoking city... Spell check is your friend.

As for the rest of the thread, I should probably just bow out. All I can say is "This is a great story for SG-1... not for Atlantis."

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
        Yeah, but we don't really know where Reese came from. I seem to remember that the Asgard couldn't understand everything about her, so it had to have been a more advanced race than the Asgard that bulit her - not many races more advanced than the Asgard other than the Ancients.
        Personally I think this (storyline and episode) sounds quite cool, although I would have preferred the new bad guys to be the 'great enemy' the Ancients met on that planet, which I don't quite think is the Wraith.

It'll be good to see Jack back, but does anybody else think his reason for being there is kind of lame. "Oh no, they're early Replicators! Let's get O'Neill!" What does he really know about them that nobody else does?
        She referenced her creator as father I seem to remember. I'll watch the episode again and check.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak

Well the Asgard couldn't get all of what they wanted because Reese was damaged when O'Neill shot her. Daniel said lines like "Your father made you wrong" so that indicates she was created on that world. It was also stated that those people were humans and very technologically advanced, much more than us. It seems to me TPTB are violating the shows established history because they can't think of anything creative anymore. The plot from the episode is also a big copy from Unnatural Selection.

Comment

I hope that the Asurans and Replicators have common past, but they will be total different. Maybe they should conquer Atlantis in Progeny, so the whole first half of season three (3x05-3x11) will be played in refugee camp on an other planet. My other opinion is that the Progeny and Real world should be the 3x08-3x09 episode, so we have a four-partner Asuran story.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Regardless, this story belongs in SG-1, not Atlantis. Atlantis is supposed to be different from, SG-1

Comment

Yeh the episode sounds very good, and the Asurans sound like a very good enemy and we know so far that at least 4 episodes of the 20 in season 3 is gonna be dedicated to the new enemy. Karrn't Wate.
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

The Asurans are made up of trillions of microscopic nanites, and their abilities lead the team to believe that they are the original technology on which the human-form Replicators were later based (SG-1: "Unnatural Selection").

Umm, the human form replicators were an evolution of the original replicators who modeled themselves in Reese's image.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Any chance you could try that again in English please, nemisis? I got something about a city ship and ZPMs and a smoking city... Spell check is your friend.
                    Such high tech accinet technology is beyond his comprehension, ShadowMaat.

Could it be.. that in the end... SGA will be housed in the Asuran city ship (swap stargates so that it has Atlantis's gate)? Or perhaps after the non-aggression code is inserted, the replicants will help rebuild the city?

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                      Could it be.. that in the end... SGA will be housed in the Asuran city ship (swap stargates so that it has Atlantis's gate)? Or perhaps after the non-aggression code is inserted, the replicants will help rebuild the city?
                      So that heart-rending scream of utter desolation I heard was Bruce Woloshyn's reaction to being told he had to render an entire new city for permanent use on the show?
                      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 03 May 2006, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Nah. That scream was when they told him they were going to turn the tattered Atlantis into the new "Sea World".

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                          Nah. That scream was when they told him they were going to turn the tattered Atlantis into the new "Sea World".
                          And that Flipper the Funky 'Lantean Humpback Whale is going to appear in every episode now?

Do they need trainers? /zookeeper looking for a job
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                            And that Flipper the Funky 'Lantean Humpback Whale is going to appear in every episode now?

Do they need trainers? /zookeeper looking for a job
                            lol, "Captain, there be whales here!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                              The Asurans are made up of trillions of microscopic nanites, and their abilities lead the team to believe that they are the original technology on which the human-form Replicators were later based (SG-1: "Unnatural Selection").

Umm, the human form replicators were an evolution of the original replicators who modeled themselves in Reese's image.
                              Maybe Reese was an Asuran? Or created by the Asurans?

Comment

i hope TPTB read this thread and rework this episode...
                                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Working...
                                X